+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

@ Haranin: Thx mate - good luck!

@ MordentHex: Indeed you can vow as much or as little as you like provided that the vow will be a legal unit from Betrayal! please note you can only vow 5 times in total. Look forward for your vow! smile.png

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I need to get cracking on my Worldeaters so here goes, but im not using Legion specific rules so i can add maybe some from another legion at a later date if I want.

1425 Pts roughly without additional wargear you cant see.

HQ. Warlord

1 Praetor (155)

jump pack, Paragon Blade, Boarding shield,

Rite of war: "Pride of the Legion"

Elites:

Contemptor Dreadnought  (215)

K. Assault cannon and Chainfist, meltagun.

Troops: (205)

5 man terminator squad

1 thunder hammer, 2 power fists, 1 heavy Flamer

8 man Veteran Tactical squad (220)

1 heavy bolter, serg with Artificer armor, power weapon, combi-flamer.

9 man Veteran Tactical Squad (220)

Meltagun, Serg with Artificer Armor, Power weapon.

10 Man assault Squad (290)

2 Hand Flamers (flamers) Sergent with Combat Shield and PowerFist

HS:

1 Vindicator (120)

I, Durfast Spiritwolf, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Legion Praetor in Cataphractii armour with Digital Lasers, Volkite Charge and a master-crafted Paragon blade, Five Deathshroud Terminators with Melta Bombs, a ten-strong Tactical Support Squad armed with Volkite Calivers, an Apothecary and a Contemptor Dreadnought armed with twin Kheres pattern assault cannon and a Havoc Launcher from Betrayal, Horus Heresy Book One of total value 917 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Horus Heresy and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Edit: link to WIP: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/274250-pre-heresy-death-guard/page-2

Ok well Here's there start of my Vow.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg586/clarkus-maximus/2013-05-26145517_zps3fc239b2.jpg

First half of my terminator squad and contemptor talon underway.

@Semper please note I've changed one power weapon on the termies to a lightning claw, and one DCCW to a Chainfist (also stealing another forum member's idea on how it was done) Technically it's a points increase of 17pts, but I'm happy to leave points cost as it stands as I only really did it coz it looks better (to me anyway).

Cmon guys lets get some more vow's pledged!

EDIT: 10/6/2013

Second half of my Termies built and primed. Also my avenger strike fighter

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg586/clarkus-maximus/2013-06-09211244_zpsf0dca8a0.jpg

EDIT: Also my Praetor, Grand Captain Altis. 

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg586/clarkus-maximus/2013-06-15192041_zps47d71a30.jpg

I'd like to think the way he looks 10,000 years later still has similarities to the way he looks at the start of the Heresy:

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg586/clarkus-maximus/2013-06-15191915_zps18c1dbc7.jpg

Just leaves my last contemptor and 3 rapiers to get started. hopefully in the next few days.

Well, as I'm going to be painting these anyway I might as well come onboard.

I Telhdrat answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Ezekyle Abaddon, Garviel Loken, ten Justaerin Terminators, a World Eater Legion Contemptor Dreadnought, a World Eater Legion Spartan Assault Tank, a World Eater Predator Tank, and Angron Primarch of the World Eaters from Horus Heresy: Betrayal of total value 2000 on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to Legiones Astartes and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Ezekyle Abaddon 215pts

Garviel Loken 175pts

10 Justaerin Terminators 590pts

1x Chainfist, 1 Multimelta, 1 Pair of Lightning Claws (there will probably be more different weapons, but those are the only one I'm certain of at the moment, so I thought I'd leave the others out)

World Eater Contemptor Dreadnought 190

2xDCCWs, graviton gun

World Eater Spartan Assault Tank 295pts

World Eater Predator Tank 135

Executioner Plasma Destroyer, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Angron 400pts

@ AngelsAbsolute: I've modified your points - no prob! Look fwd to see those contemptors done! thumbsup.gif

@ Telhdrat: At last another vow - and a large one at that! You're in Telhdrat - Good luck!

Now let's see some more particpants joining the HH cause! I've seen some fantastic threads in the WIP section - why not join and add an element of extra motivation and fun?

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hi guys,

Week thought I'd jump on board with this as I'm planning on attending the Betrayal weekend at WHW nearer the end of August and I've got a fair bit of painting to do for it. Got a couple of questions first though;

1. Do I have to start up my own thread, and where (WIP) forum?

2. Can I jump from Legion to Legion as I'm currently painting up some SoH that will form part of my first vow but will be painting up World Eaters for the most part?

I'll probably be painting somewhere in the region of around 4000+ all in.

James

Great to hear it!

Nope, minimum requirements are your vow posted in here, a before pic (can be on sprues, up to assembled and primed) and a finished result pic posted here when you're done. Most people like to do a wip thread in the wip forum to show all the stages and post a link here, but it's not necessary.

As long as all you vows unit's can be picked from the HH Betrayal book you're fine, if you want to do a mix of legions that's great. :)

Get your vow started mate! Glad to have you onboard

Hi spikeyjames - welcome to the ETL! :D

As regards your questions here you go:

1. No, you do not have to make a new WIP thread. It'll be great if you do thouhg and the best place for it is indeed the WIP section. If you don't want to go down this road by all menas just do the minimum photography by positng a "before" and and "after" picture in this thread here. Make sure that all the models you're vowing get a before and after pic - either individually or as a group - and you're done! :)

2. Yes you can. The defining feature for the ETL is which list you're using - not the color of the minis... Since at the moment all the Legions share the same list it's absolutely fine to paint any and all Legions. But make sure the units are legal...

A final note: the ETL will run until August 15th BUT new entrants are allowed only until June 15th. So you still have a bit more than two weeks to join (i.e. submit your first vow).

Look forward to it! :tu:

Cool, thanks for the replies, once I get home I'll get a pic of the built and primed stuff and sort out the points then get it posted later today smile.png

James

EDIT

Home now, vow number 1;

I spikyjames answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Ezekyle Abaddon, Garviel Loken, 5 Justaerin Terminators with multi melta and a Sons of Horus Legion Contemptor Dreadnought with multi melta and graviton gun from Horus Heresy: Betrayal of total value 920 on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to Legiones Astartes and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

And their current state;

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/spikyjames/Sons%20of%20Horus/ea5df1d4-132a-447f-b1f7-25c152f3d8b5_zps34e073d7.jpg

I've now got a few days off so will hopefully make short work of these guys, should be done by the end of the week, then it'll be on to the next vow biggrin.png

I'll be putting more stuff on my blog as this project developes

James

Spikyjames as in Spikyjames of 40k rule book Space Wolf fame?

This takes the ETL to a whole new level. Looking forward to seeing what the Horus Heresy Faction produces

Good luck

Spikyjames as in Spikyjames of 40k rule book Space Wolf fame?

This takes the ETL to a whole new level. Looking forward to seeing what the Horus Heresy Faction produces

Good luck

Yeah, that's the one :D

Prepping up the dread as I write this - dam the Kheres assault cannons are a pain to fit together..

Aint they just that!

I know a few folk who've switched put the barrels for brass rod, works pretty well.

That's quite interesting and actually looking at the stats, if I'm right we're not actually doing that bad points (vows) wise as a faction. I'm almost complete my first vow and my next one will be at least double the size of that. Although I've got the best part of 5000 points to do by August I'm probably going to split that in half points wise for my vows, once my partner for the Betrayal weekend confirms his lists I'll sort out the breakdown of the vows then.

Really glad I've decided to tag on to this, it's a good bit of healthy competition :D

James

Archived