Here there be Monsters-Blood and Brass

Here is some stuff for the spawn contest and some just for fun stuff. Sorry about the pictures, my camera is MIA, so I am using a 3DS.
This is going to be a khornate warrior who has been blessed with four arms, He has sworn to kill any who threaten his charge, and is quite effective at it.

4 Armed Yojimbo WIP 1

I would love some advice as to what to run him as, preferably an independent character. Keep in mind he is only a yojimbo, rather than a lord (although I am not adverse to running him as a lord.) I miss the old lieutenant entry.

And the Grenade Tree Spawn
A good Samaritan offered to send me a bunch of grenades when I said I had an idea for a spawn that used many of them. Here is the beginning of that spawn.

Grenade Tree Spawn WIP 1

Tacked together with what I believe are the finalized bit selection, still needs cleaning and greystuff. (Once again, still sorry about the camera). I think for csm I will run him as a khornate terminator lord with double lightning claws.

4 Armed Yojimbo WIP 2 (640x480)

• 2 weeks later...

So, I will have IA 13 in the near future, which makes me super happy. So on that note, I am repeating the question about drop pod (of all varieties) size measurements. Does anyone have the sizes of these (height circumference) just the basic stuff. I want to make giant demons to disgorge combatants.

So, camera is back, and I have been working on some spawn enough to warrant new pictures. I would love some advice on what to put in the red tentacled spawn's left hand.

Shell Spawn WIP 4 Top

Shell Spawn WIP 4 Rear

Shell Spawn WIP 4 Front

Shell Spawn WIP 4  Right

Grenade Tree Spawn WIP 3

Grenade Tree Spawn WIP 2

@Kriegsmacht: Sorry to disappoint, but thank you.

Edited by Teetengee

• 2 weeks later...

Advice on this fellow??
Shoulder Pad or no Shoulder Pad, I wanted it to have a sort of gladiatorial feel with a more heavily armored left side, but I am afraid it will look weird with only one shoulder pad.

World Eater Raptor Flail without Second Shoulder Pad

World Eater Raptor Flail with Second Shoulder Pad

This will be one of several world eater raptors/warptalons I am working on. I am trying t make them very distinct, but still clearly world eaters and berzerkers. On that note, I have a small teaser:

Bootjets

I appreciate the idea of achieving a gladiatorial look, but Marine arms always look iffy without the pads -- at least when used on Marines. So I'd either keep the pads or use something else for the gladiator vibe: a chaos knight pauldron? Or one from the Skullcrushers? That way, you'd get the best of both worlds.

Excellent kitbash, btw!

Ok, consensus is keep the second pad. Also the pad he already has does in fact have a chaos knight pauldron to bulk it out, more pics later. Thanks for the input.

Also, to be honest K-Sci, your eternal hunt is largely what inspired this fellow, and his future squad mates. They are very much a counterpoint to Lorimar's rise above type deal with mutation and with the nails. (At least what I see as his rise above principle).

Edited by Teetengee

So, I am going to be playing these guys a little close to the chest, but once the group are coming together better, they will get a proper welcome.
Say hello to #1. (As always, larger pics in my blog).

Moloc Preprime 8

Moloc Preprime 6

Moloc Preprime 7

Moloc Preprime 5

Moloc Preprime 4

Moloc Preprime 3

Shield of omens, grant me blood beyond blood, wait a sec.

Moloc Preprime 2

Moloc Preprime 1

Edited by Teetengee

The first berzerker is looking excellent now, mate! I especially like how his horns are picked up again as a visual element by the shield! Very nice!

You will really have to work on the angle of the blades on that second guy's weapon, though! Right now it's looking like the galaxy's deadliest umbrella ;)

The first berzerker is looking excellent now, mate! I especially like how his horns are picked up again as a visual element by the shield! Very nice!

You will really have to work on the angle of the blades on that second guy's weapon, though! Right now it's looking like the galaxy's deadliest umbrella :wink:

My idea is that it is a broken impaler grapple, so in a sense, that is accurate. Also, because he uses boot jets, visually he will appear as some sort of mary poppins from hell if he were to jump with an overhand blow. That thought amused me. I should probably add a few more links of chain on the end to solidify the makeshift weapon deal.

So today I have quite a bit to display:
First, I made some modifications to the above fellow by adding some links of chain to make it more clear the impaler grapple origin of his weapon. Since it is a grapple it is not really designed to be super sharp and that is part of the reason the "blades" are so thick.

Shaddeck Preprime 4

Then I have done some more work on the yojimbo, he is now in a preprime state:

Khornate Yojimbo Preprime 1

Khornate Yojimbo Preprime 2

Furthermore, I finished a spawn for the spawn competition. I ran into some problems with part shipments on the one I was originally going to do for the competition, but I hope this is a suitable replacement, especially since most of the work was done during the spawn competition time period or close to the beginning of it.

Shell Spawn Finished 6

Shell Spawn Finished 5

Shell Spawn Finished 4

Shell Spawn Finished 3

Shell Spawn Finished 1

Shell Spawn Finished 2

Finally, I have a third mutated world eater raptor.

Gamor Preprime 4

Gamor Preprime 3

Gamor Preprime 2

Gamor Preprime 1

• 1 month later...

So I pushed myself on this fellow. It is the first time I have tried to paint fire, and also the first time I have highlighted a model. I think it looks very strong, but I may have to repaint or at least go highlight all my other models now.

Khornate Yojimbo Disassembled

Bigger picture here.

I need advice on the base though. Thoughts?

Done, more pics in my hall of honor thread.
Eight figures in grey crouched in a circle in the exit bay of the drop ship. In their center was the remains of a defiled body. It's ribcage had been split and its chest splayed open. Each of the figures had their right hand deep within the viscera of their sacrifice.
They spoke in unison, "Though we now serve anew mortal master, though are clothes are different and our weapons are given anew, though we wear strange sigils of allegience, our true master remains the same. He who sits upon a throne of skulls. To Him we give our allegience as we ever did, as we ever will. To Him our we send our offerings. To Him a river of blood. For we ever and always, are the Bloody Hand."
With their final words they stood hands dripping with gore and took up the weapons arrayed about them. The moved to the exit and stood with discipline as the marines walked in.
http://i.imgur.com/q63Daeo.jpg

Edited by Teetengee

I just finished my entry for Grotsmasha's 8th Conversion Challenge, the Cosmic Space Knights (of Doom).

Brother Lucius Nagruk Fishlips has turned to the worship of the blood god. Unfortunately he has a few difficulties in actually engaging in his endeavor. First, his speech patterns (due to the clone casting equipment beginning to wear out), second his choice of weapons, and third a cruel prank pulled by Tzeentch after he blacked out eating some of Nurgle’s fauna. The combination of the first two means that Brother Fishlips is often seen rushing at the enemy shouting “Blub foh da blub glub!!!” as he messily beats them into submission dual wielding seasonal seafood. His only confirmed kill was with a sea urchin. The final difficulty that Brother Fishlips has with creating a holy river of blood lined by a beach of skulls of the worshippers of the corpse god is that Tzeentch has convinced him that the rest of the CSK(oD) also worship Khorne, thus Fishlips obeys their orders without question.

http://i.imgur.com/nuOGUPF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ljSRqMd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/npV9T9C.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TyIehVs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/l9xErzq.jpg

Also, I am not sure if I was successful in making the right hand fish look sufficiently like a mackerel, but that was my intent.

• 1 month later...

Ignore the extra dudes in the top right, I am actually finishing up a 20 man unit, but the other fellows are too far gone to be entered in the ETL.
http://i.imgur.com/qfVon98.jpg

After a few licks of paint: One of my favorite things about chaos is that units don't need to follow any one given paint scheme. Therefore each of these guys will be a slightly different variant on the themes I am weaving through this unit. Since some are ore given to certain gods then others, their dedication will be revealed in their paint schema.

http://i.imgur.com/bA5eTpO.jpg

Edited by Teetengee