+++ Call of Chaos VI +++

Captain Semper

+++ UNOFFICIAL UPDATE: CUSTOM DECAL +++

As it says, this isn't the final reveal for my titan, but instead a request for information. I have spent the last few days wrestling with creating a custom decal of the Legio Extirpator symbol and getting it on the Warhound. I have read as much of the info on B&C as I could find, including the tutorial and the recent thread about this very subject. However, when I follow the instructions and tips that I have found, I am not seeing the kind of results that I expected. Please have a look at the pictures in the linked post and if you have any first hand experience with custom decals that may help, I'm all ears.

Link to the post is here.

+++

Well, I'm back! thumbsup.gif

I'm really impressed with all the progress you guys made during the holidays - a real leap forward! Special congrats to those who completed all their vows and I have to say that the quality is outstanding throughout!

@ Chaeron: Sure make another vow if you like - be mindful of the deadline though! msn-wink.gif

I laugh at your deadline ;)

Cheers Semper - they're progressing nicely. Will finish the trim on them both tomorrow hopefully, and can then start washing and just detailing thereafter.

Before I forget, here's the second Heldrake in the initial stages:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/IMG-20140104-00714_zps46250ed7.jpg

And here's the WIP update for them, having just done the metal!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/IMG-20140104-00715_zps5b85aad1.jpg

I've been working on the trim (still lots to go) - so they're slowly but surely shaping up.

You're brave Chaeron.  I just got a heldrake too, but no chance I can get it done by the deadline, so no additional vow. 

I am working on a squad of chaos marines, but I didn't vow them since they were started before the call and now I'm cleaning up old models.

@ thamier: done and done! ;)

@ Ammonius: Sorry can't help much, but your Titan is coming along really nice - I'm in awe! :o

@ Chaeron: You're brave indeed. Especially as your personal deadline is Jan 10 - because that's how Chaos rolls! (I kid, I kid... :lol:) 

@ -Max-: Good to see your progress with Cypher! I think your experiments are paying off - your take on AL colours is is really working. The only comment I'd make is the robe... It looks a bit too white to me... any chance of "browning" it down?  I have corrected and updated your entry accordingly. :tu:

Updated to this point!

@ -Max-: Good to see your progress with Cypher! I think your experiments are paying off - your take on AL colours is is really working. The only comment I'd make is the robe... It looks a bit too white to me... any chance of "browning" it down? I have corrected and updated your entry accordingly. thumbsup.gif

Funny enough, I ended up thinking it was too brown after the Gryphonne Sepia properly dried. It doesn't really show up well in that picture how brown it really did get. I actually ended up lightening it with really watered down white paint, mostly inspired by the fact I ended up making the UM shoulder pad from the 1st Company. I also tried to do some highlighting with the blue, and it didn't end up looking right to me. There's so much about this Alpha Legion paint job that I don't like... wacko.png

I think I'll probably have him done tomorrow night, good or bad, then get back to painting my beloved orange and black.

Here's the first Update of my Heldrake - Primed with white then silver, this is currently going through a succession of black ink washes before having rust and soot effects added.  I'm cutting it fine to complete this for the deadline, but it's getting a quick and basic paintjob and no more! :P

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/firestorm40k/Legion%20of%20Taurus/IMG_20140101_154611_zpse0b35ebc.jpg

Update one on the Fallen Angels :D

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/242006-iron-warriors-5th-grand-company-re-born-army-log/page-12

I've just mail order the Seth, Chapter master of the flesh tearer which I should hopeful get this weekend & mean I can convert Xarl for First Claw.

I've also just order the Dreadnought CCW arm from Forge World today, as I am not that keen on the dreadnought arm for the Chaos Dreadnought from the FW range.

IP

Great stuff guys!

@ zyl-: Well, that's how cultists should appear: in numbers! laugh.png Well done for completing these demanding tasks withing the tight time limit of the Call of Chaos! thumbsup.gif

@ firestorm40k: Looks promising - but take your time. Such a model deserves best effort, do not rush it even if you miss your deadline. I mean what do you have to lose anyway? Your soul? That's gone already! biggrin.png

@ IP: man your work is inspirational! Those Fallen sure look the part. Could you give me names and addresses please? I need to pay them a visit... Purely social of course... biggrin.png Look forward for Xarl!

@ Lord Doyok: 8 days indeed. The Gods are hungry and your souls will be a nice appetizer! biggrin.png

Updated to this point!

Third and final updates for my counts-as Cypher and Chaos Rhino can be found here.

I still have an entire squad of 10 Chosen and detailing on a Warpsmith to finish, but I may get crazy-go-nuts and max out my vow sometime this week. We'll see where I am, because I also have an out-of-town wedding to go to this Saturday...

EDIT: almost forgot about the Warpsmith!

@ -Max- : Well done! I see what you meant with the brown look. It definately looks less white now... Rhino looks greaty in your signature paint scheme!

@ Tanith Ghost: Those look fantastic! You've done a great job Chaosifying your minis and moved away from the standard tentacle-style mutations going for a weird green fire-like imagery... Really impressive stuff and your armour colour works very well with your greens! :tu:

@ Brother Heinrich: I was wondering where have you been. :lol: Your tank looks very promising and if your track record is anything to go by (and I'm sure it is) this is goign to be phenomenal! Good luck mate!

Updated to this point!

@ The Devourer: Sure looks promising mate! Good luck with just a week to go!

@ Deadman Wade: I hope I got everything right: All Berzerkers are done and all the Havocs are done. From the 2x10 Marines with the Mark of Khorne you've done 6. Correct?

@ Chaeron: The end of the 15th! ;)

Updated to this point!

@ Deadman Wade: I hope I got everything right: All Berzerkers are done and all the Havocs are done. From the 2x10 Marines with the Mark of Khorne you've done 6. Correct?

@ Chaeron: The end of the 15th! msn-wink.gif

Updated to this point!

Yeah, sorry if I caused any trouble with this update, I have a hard time posting with my phone.

@ Chaeron: The end of the 15th! msn-wink.gif

Updated to this point!

Phew - I'd hoped that was the case, ideal - thank you! I'd be cutting it fine otherwise :P

@ -Max- : Well done! I see what you meant with the brown look. It definately looks less white now... Rhino looks greaty in your signature paint scheme!

@ Tanith Ghost: Those look fantastic! You've done a great job Chaosifying your minis and moved away from the standard tentacle-style mutations going for a weird green fire-like imagery... Really impressive stuff and your armour colour works very well with your greens! thumbsup.gif

@ Brother Heinrich: I was wondering where have you been. laugh.png Your tank looks very promising and if your track record is anything to go by (and I'm sure it is) this is goign to be phenomenal! Good luck mate!

Updated to this point!

Thank you kindly sir!

This is going well guys - the last weekend of the 6th Call is imminent so make the final effort to complete all your outstanding projects!

@ oreaper84: Am I to understand that the Vindi is done? I have marked it as such but et me know if I had it wrong...

Updated to this point!

Archived