=][= Loyalty & Treachery =][=

Captain Semper

@ Dange: Well that's a LR if there ever was one! Excellent internal detail too! Apart from your fantastic green, I really like the effect on the metal tracks - care to share? Really impressive stuff... It's one of those Chuck Norris meme things: Horus is not proud of Dange, Dange is proud of Horus - he's done alright, Warmaster an' all... :lol:

@ Barabbas Sogalon: Exclellent conversion! :woot: Where's that helmet from? Or is it a product of unholy surgery on GW plastics? :D

@ Scribe of Khorne: I know, it's the Champion's body, right? Well used mate... Very nice midnight clad btw... I would be all over the NLs ages ago if I could do a decent lightning effect! :D

Updated to this point!

Lol thanks capt semp this made me laugh a lot the tracks are boltgun metal nuln oil wash then dry brush silver wake a wash scorched brown nuln oil to recesses I then got a pencil lead shaving and sponged them on gives it a nice metal look. :) and mate thank for running this :) only thing the last justaerin are on hold ha ha

A quick wip of my Apothecary…. who is looking a bit 'Rogue Trader' at the moment…. should hopefully be finished with him this week

As a senior member of his Order, Apothecary Gideon has been selected to test some of the prototype MkVI armour, small amounts of which have been issued to the First Legion

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/facmanpob/Miniatures/works%20in%20progress/IMG_1617_zpsdaac2e20.jpg

a Calibanite veteran, as shown by the green on the right pauldron, Gideon was also a member of the Order of the Raven's Wing on Caliban

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/facmanpob/Miniatures/works%20in%20progress/IMG_1618_zps7f74a24e.jpg

Gideon has also been inducted into the higher mysteries, as shown by his wearing of the golden winged sword icon on the left pauldron

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/facmanpob/Miniatures/works%20in%20progress/IMG_1620_zpsd5e0d449.jpg

I'm breaking out the Predator on Thursday, so more update photos then biggrin.png

@ Fenris kid: Done! Good luck!

@ facmanpob: A very thought out mini! All the details are supported by exisitng fluff and the pose is really unique! Just the sword remaining then?

Updated to this point!

For Caliban! Apothecary Gideon complete….

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/facmanpob/Miniatures/Space%20Marines/First%20Legion/Slide1_zpsc4203a6b.jpg

On with the Predator tomorrow smile.png

Great result facmanpob! The vials in the back pack especially... Just the Pred remaining know? If you manage it before Dec 15 you'll be eligible for the title of Legion Chaplain! :D

Updated to this point!

Great result facmanpob! The vials in the back pack especially... Just the Pred remaining know? If you manage it before Dec 15 you'll be eligible for the title of Legion Chaplain! biggrin.png

Thanks! I trawled Cool Mini or Not for about 30 mins looking at apothecaries before I found a vial style that I liked and might be able to achieve. Glad you like it! msn-wink.gif

I'm hoping to get the Predator finished by the end of November in order to satisfy the never ending demands of my painting spreadsheet, so I'm hoping for the Chaplaincy title tongue.png

Hi all!

Continuing this part of the thread's World Eaters theme... My first update!

This is half of my 20 man Assault Squad, almost done except for some tidying and blood to be splattered.

gallery_67188_8872_1301823.jpg

I'll post some more non-phone-camera pictures tomorrow, along with more some WIPs.

@ poom: blink.png These are awesome! You know you've build up expectaions for the remaining units now... msn-wink.gif

@ StruManChu: These look great - I sure would like a close up but even so, they look the part! Can't wait for the splatter effect...

@ facmanpob: So you're eyeing the job of the Brother Redemptor? Let's see if you got what it takes! ph34r.png

There is indeed a strong following for the WE here in L&T and B&C overall. I thought the (generally difficult to get right) white would discourage people. Boy was I wrong! biggrin.png

Now remember: Anyone to finish three units by Dec 15 is eligible for the title of Legion Chaplain! If, by the end of the event on Jan 15, you finish at least 6 units (double than the minimum required) you'll be eigible for the title of Legion Champion! And if you go strong on tanks you can always be titled Forgelord! All it takes is 10HP divided among at least 3 units (the more the better)

Updated to this point!

@ StruManChu: These look great - I sure would like a close up but even so, they look the part! Can't wait for the splatter effect...

Thank you, good Captain! Close ups as requested. I had a bit of a go of the splatter effect on the guy on the left, and while I don't want it to be too over the top, these are the World Eaters, so it can probably stand to be a little more overt.

gallery_67188_8872_827760.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_1452035.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_577202.jpg

More pictures, as well as part two of the force's background, are here!

Yes you can. I will update tomorrow. In the mean time I finished the Javelin (more pics here):

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/ackool/Emperors%20Children/SAM_0538_zps8004f7b3.jpg

And here is the next and final of the first three units: The Palatine Blades!

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/ackool/Emperors%20Children/SAM_0546_zps9fb6088f.jpg

Archived