IV Grand Battalion - Horus Heresy Iron Warriors

Pyromancer

Very nice model along with some nice fluff.

You said you were waiting for iron warrior shoulder pads from FW and they are finally here so you can get your men finished.

Yes, but I'm still waiting for the Mk III pads.

Very nice! The only thing that I dont like is the helmet on the ground. It looks to neatly placed there. Like he put it there to take a pic of himself or something. Add more stuff like it, or remove it, I Think.

Good point, what if I moved it so that it was in a less natural position?

Very nice! The only thing that I dont like is the helmet on the ground. It looks to neatly placed there. Like he put it there to take a pic of himself or something. Add more stuff like it, or remove it, I Think.

But surely even in death an EC would be perfect ;)

‘Silver-clad, blood splattered and howling with pleasure

and pain, anger and excitement. We were in our element, we were unstoppable.’

-Gharth Copenius, Chronicles of the Tetarteo Adelfotiita

Brother Hrodgar, IV Grand Battalion, I Battalion, III Squad:

gallery_75567_9107_291665.jpg
gallery_75567_9107_1448000.jpg
gallery_75567_9107_142826.jpg

Also removed the helmet from Ursus's base:

gallery_75567_9107_156150.jpg

Hi Pyro! Just happened upon your thread, and I love what I see. 

I have to admit, I love your darker take on the Iron Warriors. Their armor looks almost like a metallic black, which I think is a great departure from the "traditional" brighter boltgun metal. 

Keep this business up! The Iron Warriors can definitely use some Pre-heresy love here on the B&C.

‘Tonight we will be remembered as heroes. Tonight we shall create myths. Tonight we enter into legend!’

-Sergeant Kane Ferradon

Brother Erhard, IV Grand Battalion, I Battalion, III Squad:

gallery_75567_9107_1228770.jpg

gallery_75567_9107_1114961.jpg

Some stunning looking Pre-heresy Iron Warriors there brother smile.png

Thanks brother, I love your Iron Warriors as well!

I have to admit, I love your darker take on the Iron Warriors. Their armor looks almost like a metallic black, which I think is a great departure from the "traditional" brighter boltgun metal.

Keep this business up! The Iron Warriors can definitely use some Pre-heresy love here on the B&C.

Thanks brother, your Night Lords are truly inspiring.

That mace looks brutal.

I love your weathering. It's so much better than my own 'BOLTGUN METAL EVERYWHERE BWAHAHAHA.'

How come he already has two shoulder pads, as opposed to everyone else?

Brutal is the keyword for my army. smile.png I added both shoulder pads because i plan on adding etched brass to the left one, instead of one of the Iron Warriors specific pads.

That Siegebreaker is awesome. I think the helmet would have looked a dozen times better if there was BLOOD, LOTS OF BLOOD coming out of it. And some blood on his mace, because, decapitations man. Decapitations with blunt weapons...

*ahem* Sister. happy.png

*ahem* Sister. happy.png

Sorry, sister it is.

Haha, not a problem. It's a Space Marine forum, I imagine everyone thinks of everyone else as "brother" to some degree.

Also I second Grizwald's query. I can't get that dark of a metallic even with two or three washed of Badab...

... just... no reason. I'm curious. You might not want to check out my plog for a bit... no iron warrior trophy helms lying around or anything... dry.png

Actually it is just two or three heavy washes of nuln oil over leadbelcher, highlighted by ironbreaker. But like M2C said, a mix of 1:1 black and leadbelcher achieves a similar result, that's what I use to patch up any small mistake that I make.

‘Loyalty is a weakness, and you shall perish for it.’

-Brother Ferox

Brothers Ferox and Vesperus, IV Grand Battalion, I Battalion, III Squad:

gallery_75567_9107_438642.jpg

gallery_75567_9107_1161725.jpg

gallery_75567_9107_1179543.jpg

I've also been working on my Praetor, only the base left to work on and then I can get some paint on him:

gallery_75567_9107_20554.jpg

gallery_75567_9107_1303971.jpg

gallery_75567_9107_395698.jpg

gallery_75567_9107_753857.jpg

I'm really proud of the GS. It's my first real attempt at working with it, although I have noticed a few holes that I should fill with it. It will be done!

Haha, not a problem. It's a Space Marine forum, I imagine everyone thinks of everyone else as "brother" to some degree.

Also I second Grizwald's query. I can't get that dark of a metallic even with two or three washed of Badab...

... just... no reason. I'm curious. You might not want to check out my plog for a bit... no iron warrior trophy helms lying around or anything... dry.png

I wash nuln oil over a base of boltgun metal/leadbelcher. I get a fairly similar result:

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg586/clarkus-maximus/IMG_0650_zps6932492e.jpg

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg586/clarkus-maximus/image_zps5dc7f727.jpg

Still loving the darker Iron Warriors. The Praetor is looking like he's coming along nicely as well. It's kinda neat to see an Iron Warriors character without a boarding shield *or* a thunderhammer ^_^

He's got this cool iron gladiator thing going for him.

These are great! I really like your paint chipping, I need to apply myself and practice that style of weathering.

And the breacher helmets are one of my favorite things that Forge World has done for the Heresy era model lines, and you paint them perfectly.

I wash nuln oil over a base of boltgun metal/leadbelcher. I get a fairly similar result:

@Flint13. You do let the metallic dry for 24 hours I'm guessing? And you can add a little Chaos Black to the Badab Black if needed.

@AngelsAbsolute Thanks brother. They look fantastic, perhaps a blog sometime?

@Flint Thank sister, I enjoyed the Iron Warriors head in your thread. Perhaps a member of your legion will appear in my thread eventually. Suitably dead of course.

@Ammonius Do it! The IV is underrepresented in this forum.

@Koriel Thanks brother. I agree with the Breachers, they are the epitome of HH brutality. 

@Knight of the Raven Thanks brother, I was going for a gladiator feel. The typical 'hammer and shield' badass will probably appear in my command squad someday.

Appreciate the kind words Pyromancer. I have a plog, http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/263488-iron-warriors-pre-and-post-heresy-blog/

I've been working on my space Sharks recently, but I've just bought some more stuff for the IV Legion so I'll be updating soon.

What will you be working on next?

Archived