++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

@ Hushrong: Oh definitely on the teeth licking and the frothing. :wink: Also, why not 24 berserkers?

Because I did not math well. :tongue.:

It is also amazing to see those daemons and engines of damned together. I also just noticed this but is your bloodthirster off to the side in regards to his base?

Hi gang! I made a second vow in the ETL, with the following models/units:

1x Sicaran Battle Tank with Lascannons, Armoured Ceramite, and Malefic Ammunition = 235 pts

1x Helblade with two Helstorm Cannons = 115 points

1x Chaos Contemptor Dreadnought, Multi Melta, Heavy Flamer, Dedication of Khorne = 225

10x Flesh Hounds of Khorne = 160 pts

I did some owrk on the first five Flesh Hounds - for which I'll be using the Dire Wolves from the WFB Vampire Counts range. I'll be putting them on 60mm oval bases - which is why I only built five. I ran out of those bases, and they're temporarily unavailable from GW!!! Oh oh... Better check my favourite bits site and hope they deliver before I finish the rest of the models.

Anyway, here's the counts-as flesh hounds:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zps0rlkd6jd.jpg

I also semi-finished work on the Khornate Contemptor. 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsufc4slgi.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpshjyhnaar.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpskbfpv8as.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsolhcsv9q.jpg

Lemme know what you think, and perhaps if you have suggestions, feel free to share them. I'm thinking of putting a banner on him - perhaps the staked commisar from the Lord Zhufor FW miniature...

Replies:

@ kizzdougs: Thanks buddy! Those recent ECs of ours are nothing to sneeze at either ;)

@ TheAmbit: you only need two Lords of Skulls to make it a reality, buddy!

@ Midnight Runner: Thanks, friend. Yeah, it most definitely needs some weathering still (and perhaps and edge highlight ehre or there, and perhaps some orange highlights sprayed on... Shhhhh

@ The Hydra: Cheers, buddy! I appreciate it :)

@ MrBear: Haha yes! The IV and the VII are not on good terms, to say the least. I also started a Khorne Daemonkin army - did you know?

@ Knight of the Raven: THANK YOU! FInally someone who acknowledges the handicraft and skills that goes into airbrushing.

@ Atia: Yoohew! Thank, you!

@ rednekkoss: Most definitely on the second vow: check here ;)

@ hishrong: Thanks, bro! Counting is dificult, but Khorne only needs to count to eight. ;) I'm not sure what you mean about the BT's base being off to the side?

Lemme know what you think, and perhaps if you have suggestions, feel free to share them. I'm thinking of putting a banner on him - perhaps the staked commisar from the Lord Zhufor FW miniature...

@ hishrong: Thanks, bro! Counting is dificult, but Khorne only needs to count to eight. :wink: I'm not sure what you mean about the BT's base being off to the side?

I'm off worse. Slaanesh only goes up to six...if they don't get distracted.

And I went back in your log and realized how you put him on your base. I was just looking at the recent picture cross eyed.

As for the recent models the Hounds look fantastic. If I ever use any I am copying you. Also, there is something I love about contemptors and one decked out and ready to rock for Khorne  is a magnificent sight. I love the way you put that one together. As for the banner, I don't think it is a terrible idea but I don't think he really needs it. I do think it would be cool to see Khorne's symbol painted on him with something like tamiya clear red to represent blood.

also looking forward to the sicaran and hell blade.

I love what you've done with the Contemptor, as you have managed to give it a wonderful 40k Khornate look without sacrificing any of the cool World Eaters detail or overcluttering the model. I will say that the 30k multimelta design is possibly my least favourite weapons option, however, and it seems to work against the overall barbaric and gladiatorial look of the model to some extent. Are you maybe considering a) using a different weapon (probably not, eh? :wink: or b ) something to make the weapon fit the overall aesthetic a bit better (daemon head muzzles, an underslung chainblade or some more of that jeweller's chain) or c) going for exchangeable weapons via magnets? This is really my only criticism about the model -- apart from that, I cannot wait to see it painted! :smile.:

Edited by KrautScientist

I love your Khorntemptor that's a fantastically executed conversion I like what you've managed to do with just a few bits some re posing and some chain sometimes I get lost in the "make everything custom" mindset and forget that whole less is more thing keep up the awesome work

That might just be my favorite World Eater contemptor yet. About the banner, I feel it'll clash with the dreadnought's 'bunny ears.'

@ Knight of the Raven: THANK YOU! FInally someone who acknowledges the handicraft and skills that goes into airbrushing.

You're welcome, and I'm quite surprised. :tongue.: You're still using your hands as far as I know, they just happen to hold a paintgun and a model instead of a paintbrush and a model.

The contemptor is looking boss.

Thank you for the measurements. So the Typhon shield is 60mm tall and 55mm wide?

How about the cut out area for the cannon?

I am considering a design like this for the shield:

thCAL65UYD

Thanks for the replies, gals and guys! 

The Contemptor is finished. I was already half-way painting it, when KrautScientist made his comment about the multimelta. I agree that it's one of the least appealing looking weapons choices of the contemptor dreadnought (although it looks better irl than in the FW pics) - and that its bland looks clashed somewhat with the distinct Khornate vide of the rest of the dread. So I started rummaging through all my bits boxes and finally settled for a FW chainsword - to Khornivy the shooty bit of the dread. It's totally inefficient, of course, but woe to he who approaches this dude from the left. :wink:

I've also begun to use edge highlighting on the Dread, which I never did before as I found that dark and light colour shading did the trick sufficiently. I also started edged highlighting the gold, which i never did before. But now that I´ve started doing both, I really, really enjoy it. 

Anyway, here he is:

Ancient Ka'Ruat 

Storm Assault Contemptor 

59th Echelon World Eaters

'Prostration's Cull'

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpskfcruqmw.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsp2uzgmfw.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsxxmkrl1j.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpszx2gonjl.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsoa5cge4a.jpg

I hope you like him! 

He's my fifth contemptor, if you don't count the Imperial Fist Deredeo I did a while back. I thought it'd be nice to do a family shot. Take a look! 

From left to right: 

Nurgle Dreadnought Hargolan Adun, the salvaged Cilice Macelarius, 47th Company's Contemptor-Captain Tol Zaeqal, Khornate Storm Assault Contemptor Ka'Ruat, and finally my as-of-yet unnamed Devastator Contemptor (naming suggestions welcome).

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpssgbbhb2v.jpg

Thanks for looking! Feedback, comments, and C&C always welcome.

Replies!

@ Pearson73: Cheersw, buddy. I bought that chain two years ago from a guy in the Isle of Mann. I regret nothing.

@ SkimaskMohawk: Haha Khornetemptor. That's cute.

@ Atia: Thanks, glad you like him. Yoyr work on the Scorpion inspired me to start highlighting my gold trim. Great decision, so thanks!

@ The psycho: Steal/Borrow away, buddy!

@ hushrong: Good to hear it was a false alarm on the BT base. Steal away about the hounds. And the Sicaran is next!

@ KrautScientist: Thanks for another insightful reply, buddy. Your words on the multi melta and its lack of close combat capabilities made me add the underslung chain weapon. It's also magnetized and can be exchanged for any of the other weapons in the contemptor club, so that might happen. I do think the multimelta is the best weapon option for a contemptor dropped in a dreadclaw, so it probably won't happen often. :wink: I hope you've already noticed how I thanked you for the idea. :wink:

@ Pyroclast91: Yeah I know what you mean. My early Night lords vehicles also suffered from the cluttering of spikes, ornamentation, skulls etc. Less is indeed more.

@ sockwithaticket: Erm, Khorne? isn't it obvious?

@ Knight of the Raven: I know right? It's more that KrautScientist and Forté teased me in the past, saying I should start with painting for reals. :wink::tongue.: :'(

@ guardian31: I agree, and I've left it off for that very reason. Thanks for confirming my suspisions!

@ Flint13: Considering Aasfresser's recent posts in the Realm fo Chaos, I find your confusion of faith in Khorne with Nurgle disturbing. 

@ dantay_xv: The Typhon shield's cut-out is 25 mm wide, and 50mm deep, while the buckle starts 32mm from the top. The buckle's angle is 135 degrees - so 24 degrees with the ground).

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Whoa, that Contemptor is looking fantastic -- possibly my favourite from among your ETL V models so far, along with the Kytan!

So glad to see you picked up on my idea with the underslung chainblade! I think the chainsword you have on there now works really well, giving the impression that the Contemptor will use the entire melta arm as a huge chainsaw when in a pinch! Also, "Ka'Ruat"? Now that's pretty grand of you, buddy! What a great way of being immortalised (doubly so, given it's a Dread we are talking about) in your army! Thanks so much for that!

I have two very small suggeszions for the model: One would be to make his optical sensor a bit brighter to create a bigger point of focus there, but that is certainly a matter of personal taste. The other would be that I think his empty right kneepad really screams for a white (or golden) numeral "XII".

EDIT: I almost forgot: That Contemptor group shout is quite incredible!

Edited by KrautScientist

I can't say I like post-heresy World Eaters or their color scheme, but this contemptor... this comtemptor is going right into my inspiration folder. It has truly secured its place as my favorite khornate model. I never would have thought I'd like the khornate color scheme better than the pre-heresy one on the World Eater contemptor either!

Where'd you get that from?

I believe it's a chainsword from the crusade/iron pattern assault marines from Forge World.

Edited by Knight of the Raven

It's interesting that you and Kraut both find the multi-melta unappealing aesthetically speaking, as it's probably my favorite looking Contemptor gun after the Kheres. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

He looks really good, BTW. I think the World Eater dread is my favorite of all the ones in FW's range (in no small part due to the MkII-esque head it shares with the Death Guard one) and the little things you've added to it only accentuate the beauty of the sculpt. Paint job turned out beautifully as well.