=][= E Tenebrae Lux III =][=

Thanks guys! smile.png

The average vow by the end of Week 4 was 864pts. Currently, 12 hours before the deadline it has dropped to 852pts.

On more interesting news, we now have more than 400 participants - 410 to be exact! woot.gif And still 12 hours to go!

That makes my first Penance Vow out as:

Black Templars- Grimaldus

AoD- Shrike or Korvidae (RG in honour of arizonajirt's contributions)

RoC- Cypher

HH- IVth Legion (in honour of Nehekhare's efforts)

Cheers,

Jono

Think this is going to b one of the closest comps I've been involved in for a long time.  Participants wise it's neck and neck with several forums having very similar.  It's going to boil down to getting those 1st vows finished early to then allow subsequent vows to be completed.

It's also interesting to see some really big vows and if they will be completed!

the catch though is everyone finishing their vows...

If Chaos can hold it together and finish their vows we have this in the bag...

But we all know what happens to the forces of chaos after we gain the immediate win...some we start splintering off to do our own thing ...hopefully we can hold it together till July 31st and finish out our vows...so we can hold it over the Imperials until next year...

im still trying to build the models for my vow, hopefully ill make it, and at the same time sculpting/building my defiler/chaos knoght prototype.

and life have been busy lately.

and ofc my first vow was a large one, so doing dubblt that might be way too much for me

im still trying to build the models for my vow, hopefully ill make it, and at the same time sculpting/building my defiler/chaos knoght prototype.

and life have been busy lately.

and ofc my first vow was a large one, so doing dubblt that might be way too much for me

You have two months still. I'm sure you can do it

It's also interesting to see some really big vows and if they will be completed!

What if? Steve and I are golden; huge vows are our specialty! You can already consider those points as good as painted. laugh.png

That's what we're counting on http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/whip.gif

What if? Steve and I are golden; huge vows are our specialty! You can already consider those points as good as painted. laugh.png

That's what we're counting on http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/whip.gif

Glorious, glorious victory.

=][= SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT =][=

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Poster_V6.jpg

Brothers,

This is a sad day as our most iconic Brother Argos has decided to step down.

His post announcing his decision can be found here: Brother Argos steps back

This has been a difficult decision for him given how much he has put into this community over the years in terms of time and effort and of course money.

Now as our paymaster steps back it's time for the frater that frequent and enjoy this forum to step forward and try to fill in the gap in order to keep the B&C running smoothly.

You will notice a donation button in the top left hand corner of the home page. If you want the B&C to survive do not turn your back to it now. Any amount is welcome, the B&C survival depends on that!

Glorious, glorious victory.

I think after this ETL I'll spend 9 months prepping for the next one. ;)

=][= SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT =][=

You will notice a donation button in the top left hand corner of the home page. If you want the B&C to survive do not turn your back to it now. Any amount is welcome, the B&C survival depends on that!

Actually the donation button is on the top right brothers! (At least in Chrome it is...)

=][= FIFTH WEEKLY UPDATE =][=

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Poster_V6.jpg

The 5th week saw the closing of the doors to new participants in this third ETL. The result was an astounding one: 421 frater took the oath this year, a 20% increase from last year’s 350… This is truly a monumental level of participation never seen before in any B&C event of any kind and I’m not aware of a similar event of similar size in any internet community! So congratulations to all who took the brave step and committed to the cause of their factions and good luck in the remaining two months of the event!

This brings us to a point of strategy. June is a VERY important month. VERY. This is the time when procrastination could take over because you still feel you got plenty of time to complete… This is an illusion!

June will come and go before you know it and come July it’ll take immense discipline to get back to the fray and the chance of failing increases exponentially. Furthermore a late completion deprives the participant from luxury of time to take another vow thus capitalizing on his/her previous effort and vowing some more… So focus to get your first vow done soon, it will not only help your faction with the actual amount of points and the potential for another vow, it will also help your morale!

As a recap of the fifth week let me highlight a few metrics:

Total participants 421
Total vows: 494
Total points pledged: 413,683pts
Average vow: 837 pts/vow
Total points completed: 76,716pts

So now let’s see what happened in week 5:

E TENEBRAE LUX III – Week 5

med_gallery_27176_9664_24590.jpg

So let’s see this one by one:

BLACK TEMPLARS [Participants: 67 / Vows: 88]
The completion rate of 21% is one of the two BTs strong points. The other is massive participation with 67 participants – the highest in this year’s ETL. The combination could be lethal for their opponents provided their average vow (currently at 692pts) is not too low. Nothing more to say here: You got the numbers and you got the drive – the BTs are among the favorite for the top position again this year.

ANGELS OF DEATH [Participants: 60 / Vows: 74]
The AoD forum is also a favorite for the top position. They have a large participation, a high average vow, and a very large completion rate – the highest in the ETL! However I need to stress here that this performance is highly dependent to a single person, namely Arizonajirt. This distorts the underlying picture because excluding Arizona the AoD would be in a much less illustrious position with less than 6k points completed. I think this reflects the diverse nature of this faction but the Champions of the Emperor’s finest must focus on the common cause without delay… June will be the moment of truth!

BLOOD ANGELS [Participants: 37 / Vows: 40]
Let’s face it. The BAs have a big disadvantage in terms of battle brothers (37 participants is the second lowest after the SWs. On top of that the average vow is 140pts below the ETL average making this a very difficult combo. But there is still hope. The low average vow can be translated to quick completions in early June and subsequently, quick re-vowing. The multiplication effect is crucial for the BAs as they are best positioned to take advantage of that. So let’s see an impressive completion rate for next week and things may be on track still!

DARK ANGELS [Participants: 59 / Vows: 68]
Well the Rock is as busy as ever! 59 participants is nothing to sneer at ESPECIALLY if they wear green armour. With a completion rate at par with the Templars and with completed points virtually at the same level, their relatively lower headcount is compensated by more than 100pts higher average vow. However the BTs are not the only force to consider. The Lost and the Damned are making an excellent fight so far and we cannot allow that can we? We can’t. So to arms Angels of Darkness, we need that completion rate (especially the first vow completion rate) as high as possible! Let’s see the smaller vows get completed in the coming week, this may prove crucial! And don’t forget to honour your Blood Oaths!

SPACE WOLVES [Participants: 31 / Vows: 34]
Hmmm… The SWs are the weakest faction this year. They have the lowest participation, the lowest amount of pledged points, the lowest amount of completed points (absolute terms) and the lowest completion rate by far… So what is going on here? I think the best course of action is to increase the completion rate. To those with the smaller vows this is an excellent opportunity to boost the morale of your faction by completing your first vows in the coming week – even if there is no intention of a follow-up. It’s still early in the ETL and a completion now could work wonders in the next two months. Procrastination will have a disastrous effect – and proportionally more so than for your rivals!

REALM OF CHAOS [Participants: 61 / Vows: 71]
Chaos is truly in a very good shape this year. In term of participation they are at DA levels. In terms of completions they lead all factions except AoDs. However their mega vows have yet to kick-in and the result when they do will be devastating. Not only because of the mega-vows themselves but because the main body of the Chaos forces is delivering in a superb manner! The convoluted system of vows to their Dark Deities and the associated marks ensure they keep the pace for failing is too horrible to contemplate – even for the spawns of the Eye!

FORCES OF THE IMPERIUM [Participants: 46 / Vows: 52]
This is the most interesting faction in some way. The Forces of the Imperium are on the fence: if they apply themselves they may even challenge the top position – with 46 participants is not going to be easy but not prohibiting either. If they finish their initial vows quickly and return for more, provided the return will be with a materially higher average vow, I see no reason why some of the traditional ETL super powers will not become very nervous… On the flip side the current average vow of 502 is the lowest in the ETL currently and their completion rate at 11% is unimpressive. So the time is now. Will you seize the day, complete your fist vow and rush to the next or will you linger in a limbo of potential until that goes too?

HORUS HERESY [Participants: 60 / Vows: 67]
The HH faction goes from strength to strength. High participation and high average vow (853 pts) means that when the completions finally do arrive there will be an avalanche of points going down their rival factions. But they are not doing too badly now either. With the completion rate of 16% and 9k+ points completed and with no mega-vows distorting the result, here we have a faction that delivers very solid results. I also have to comment on the overall painting quality and attention put in their work. The combination of relatively high average vow and attention to detail means I do not expect a step-up in the coming week but more of a gradual process… But in the week after that I would be surprised if the entire faction takes off as the first vows come to completion.

FINALLY

Another point I want to make that is not directly related to the ETL but more to the B&C in general, is the decision of Brother Argos to take a step back given personal issues. This is a sad moment indeed but apart from personal feeling it also creates a need for funding of our beloved forum.

Brother Argos’ post announcing his decision can be found here
: Brother Argos steps back

At this time of need the B&C turns to its members for support. You will notice a donation button in the top right hand corner of the home page. If you want the B&C to survive do not turn your back to it now. Any amount is welcome, the B&C survival depends on that!

So until next week, keep your completions coming!!! biggrin.png

I'm assuming that Completion Rate is important even now because the higher it is, the more likely folks will move on to Vow 2+ and potentially double / triple the Total Points Pledged?

Just wondering - did last year see a sudden uptick of Total Points Pledged in the June or July timeframe as the majority moved to Vow 2+?

I just have to say this. I love the ETL.

Good job everyone on participating and keeping the spirits and the motivation up!!thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Now let's all vow to donate to Bolter and Chainsword, so we can enjoy this awesome forum in the future!! Up up up with the donations! Troops.gif Troops.gif Troops.gif

Archived