+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

You simply had to pledge by the deadline, not complete the first pledge.

Yeah, I saw that just today as I was about to make my first pledge. I was waiting to find out how my summer would look in terms of work and studies before making it.

Was all worked up today about finishing some models and contributing since I found out I was going to have loads of spare time. blush.png

But now I'm looking at my orks instead... tongue.png

Unfortunately knife7fork the doors of ETL have closed to new entrants on June 1st...

HOWEVER

The ETL is all about offering motivation to the frater and I'm not about to deny anybody that. As such let me recommend the following:

You may enter your vow as an "out-of-competition" entry. That means that you will be more than welcome to play along, post your progress and your completed vows in the ETL threads, use the ETL deadlines and be awarded the Custos Fidei if you complete all your vows by August 1st (or the Primus Inter Pares if BAs win). The only catch is, your points will not be counted towards the total of the BA faction...

I will add your vow as an out-of-competition entry in the first page and I will record your progress as you post it.

We want to see your work! thumbsup.gif

Well I suppose I can at least join in with the first batch msn-wink.gif

I, Knife&Fork, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1 librarian with hand flamer and jump pack

1 sanguinary priest with terminator armor

1 sanguinary priest with jump pack and power axe

5 assault marines with a plasma gun, power fist and combat shield

10 scouts with various gear, sergeant with power sword, plasma pistol and melta bomb

3 scout bikers with 2 astartes launchers and a melta bomb

From the Blood Angel Codex to a total value of 735 pts on or before August 1st.

Success will bring eternal glory to the God-Emperor and failure will doom me to
bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Not a lot of progress, but here is a small update on my captain. The armor is done!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/harmen_eefting/EF2CD437-6349-477B-999D-8C57406B1A8D_zpsf6aafqts.jpg

Oh boy, I ran out of blood red (colour I used for my entire army...) and the project is on standbye till I can get some replacement (as blood red is no longer beeing made cry.gif )

Luckily I started painitng early instead of doing everything last minute (like I usually do it :P)

Oh boy, I ran out of blood red (colour I used for my entire army...) and the project is on standbye till I can get some replacement (as blood red is no longer beeing made cry.gif )

Luckily I started painitng early instead of doing everything last minute (like I usually do it tongue.png)

How do you think I feel running out of Mechrite Red part way through chain painting ten Bloodthirsters and a squad of Blood Angels Plague Marines? Mephiston Red is the "substitute" according the chart, but it is nowhere near the same color. I almost want to take the dregs I have left down to the hardware store and have them match it and make me a small can.

Not a lot of progress, but here is a small update on my captain. The armor is done!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/harmen_eefting/EF2CD437-6349-477B-999D-8C57406B1A8D_zpsf6aafqts.jpg

That armour looks amazing! Care to share the recipe, or is it a trade secret? ;)

That armour looks amazing! Care to share the recipe, or is it a trade secret? ;)
Thanks! :) not a secret at all brothers! But I'm afraid I will run into the same problems as the previous posts as I rely on obsolete colors..

Black primer

Mechrite red base

2:1:1 chaos black: dark flesh: blood red in the deepest parts

1:1 dark flesh: blood red base coat on all the other parts

Watered down layers/blending from blood red to blazing orange and finally a tiny bit of vomit brown

Baal red glaze (not wash!) to intensify the red

1:1 blazing orange: vomit brown highlights

Hopefully this is useful for you!

@ knife&fork: Your vow is in the first page now! Good luck! :)

@ Voxxel: An amazign red there mate! It shows great depth in the mini and a very unsusal red/brown/orangy shade! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Razorback finished https://imgur.com/a/I6cin#9 , Work is really cuting into my hobby time.

I Psychodough vow to complete 

Stormraven with hurricane bolters (230pts)  https://imgur.com/a/I6cin#7

From the Blood Angel Codex to a total value of 230 pts on or before August 1st.

Success will bring eternal glory to the God-Emperor and failure will doom me to
bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Bonus item I saw these cool flags on ebay and had to make one into an objective marker. https://imgur.com/a/I6cin#10 (bad picture)

Great - congratulations psychodough, a completion just before the weekly update! Now for the rest, keep in mind that we're almost halfway through the event... Time flies! biggrin.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Alright, time for my second vow!

I vow to paint:

1 blood angels tactical squad (combi-flamer, vet sgt, power sword, heavy bolter and plasma gun, 205 points),

1 Blood Angels Rhino (Hunter-killer missile, 60 points),

1 blood angels assault squad (vet sgt w/combat shield and power sword, meltabombs, 120 points),

by august 1!

Archived