+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Painting with heresy on the righteous templars? That's cute.

http://www.3dluvr.com/crossbow/templars/zeal.jpg

Wait wait..come back khornies's! We just want to share some zeal with you!

(In all seriousness, you guys do great work, just having some fun! )

So here are the before pics of my vow

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh13/RevSteel/0430141058.jpg

and the big guy

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh13/RevSteel/0317142047.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh13/RevSteel/0317142046.jpg

if anyone is interested I will be posting a build log/instructions in the WIP forum

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/290848-tetnis-pattern-brass-scorpion/

linky to build log/instructions for the brass scorpion

Thank you.  This was an extremely well done tutorial, and I plan to build my own scorpion. 

@greggles:  Did you paint those bloodletter and prince, they are excellently paint.  Also I love your black templar, some of the best I have ever seen.  Now, get out of our warp, you loyalist scum.  

As I was painting a Lord of Change I read the news of Black Templars getting kicked out of the Angels of Death faction. Seems Tzeentch had a hand in the fall of the Templars from the false-emperor's grace to me. So to honor Tzeentch I will need to do something extra for that model. Not sure what yet; a fancy base decoration may be in order or perhaps I could paint the model's jewelry with that one gold paint I have, the one that is actually gold. I'll need to think about it as one will make the model stand out on the table, while the other will just make him a little more special to me.

Sacrificed Black Templar?

Oh look.... I still have a giant mass of Black Templar bitz lying around after I abandoned them for betraying the just cause (6th edition Codex)... Consider it done.

No. You know what? Khornate Black Templars. I'm doing this.... That will be part of my Second Vow

We got kicked out of nothing. You should be grateful chaos scum, for our power was too great to be combined with that of the rest of the AoD. Had it it not happened your loss would have been so crushing that even Horus would turn over in his warp-grave. Now, you will still lose, but you may have enough strength to slink back to the holes you came from! How dare you blaspheme against the Templars by profaning our holy bitz! Our vengeance will be swift and without mercy!No pity! No remorse! No Fear!IMPERATOR VULT!Now I'm out of here, I feel yucky just posting in this forum :lol:

If you really want to feel dirty I could tell you what fun Slaanesh followers have with captured Templars. But at the end if the day spraying spray painting black and white really isn't that taxing is it ;)

So right. These guys with their big mouths and easy scheme. And it's funny how they all start checking us out here for worry of us beating their devout behinds regardless.

As I was painting a Lord of Change I read the news of Black Templars getting kicked out of the Angels of Death faction. Seems Tzeentch had a hand in the fall of the Templars from the false-emperor's grace to me. So to honor Tzeentch I will need to do something extra for that model. Not sure what yet; a fancy base decoration may be in order or perhaps I could paint the model's jewelry with that one gold paint I have, the one that is actually gold. I'll need to think about it as one will make the model stand out on the table, while the other will just make him a little more special to me.

Sacrificed Black Templar?
Oh look.... I still have a giant mass of Black Templar bitz lying around after I abandoned them for betraying the just cause (6th edition Codex)... Consider it done.

No. You know what? Khornate Black Templars. I'm doing this.... That will be part of my Second Vow

We got kicked out of nothing. You should be grateful chaos scum, for our power was too great to be combined with that of the rest of the AoD. Had it it not happened your loss would have been so crushing that even Horus would turn over in his warp-grave. Now, you will still lose, but you may have enough strength to slink back to the holes you came from! How dare you blaspheme against the Templars by profaning our holy bitz! Our vengeance will be swift and without mercy!No pity! No remorse! No Fear!IMPERATOR VULT!Now I'm out of here, I feel yucky just posting in this forum :lol:
If you really want to feel dirty I could tell you what fun Slaanesh followers have with captured Templars. But at the end if the day spraying spray painting black and white really isn't that taxing is it ;)
So right. These guys with their big mouths and easy scheme. And it's funny how they all start checking us out here for worry of us beating their devout behinds regardless.

Seeing some amazing conversions and kit bashes from Chaos players so far too.

@ Lord Rust: FANTASTIC SCORPION THERE!!! :blink: I'll keep my eyes on this one... ;)

Now enough of talking, how about some recruiting, eh? At the moment you're lagging behind the Templars, the AoD, the DAs and the HH. Not by much but I have the feeling that this will be a closely fought one - so while the recruiting period is on, I suggest you bring in more recruits... Don't expect steve and Fasha to win this for you - they always have made and fulfilled (very) large vows - but has Chaos won? :no:

So get serious - this is just the first week!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Trouble is, short of being a touch obnoxious and posting 'Fancy doing the ETL?' in every single Chaos project log that I can, I'm not sure how else to go about it. Also, people keep having annoyingly sensible reasons for not participating.

Dragonlover

A friend of mine will be entering the competition tomorrow. Not much to offer, but he will be doing 20 cutists and possibly 2 oblits or 5 Chaos Spawn as he's currently in the middle of writing exams and he hates painting aswell :P.

No worries guys - this is for the benefit of those who read this thread and do not yet participate, not for you to do anything extra. :P

You've done more than enough btw, this year's Chaos mobilization is unprecedented!

Trouble is, short of being a touch obnoxious and posting 'Fancy doing the ETL?' in every single Chaos project log that I can, I'm not sure how else to go about it. Also, people keep having annoyingly sensible reasons for not participating.

Dragonlover

I've done that to a few ;) using the banner and the link to here.

@Semper. Is it true that if the Chaos faction beats the dress wearing Dark Angels that you will paint a Cypher model?

If that's true then we have some extra motivation to get those vows made and finished!

@greggles:  Did you paint those bloodletter and prince, they are excellently paint.  Also I love your black templar, some of the best I have ever seen.  Now, get out of our warp, you loyalist scum.  

The daemons are my friends army, painted by blue table painting.  I can't claim their excellent skills as my own.  He went with a khorne army in 5th, when close combat still worked pretty good.  I'll throw up some shots of those bad ass rhino guys (sorry don't know their names) later in the vow competition for fun.   He was so sad when they lost a toughness, and their 3+ save :(.

I did however paint the templars myself.  Thanks for the compliments.  

I can't wait to see all your brass scorpions painted.  That's one of the best FW models.

Now back to fighting heresy.  I hope you guys don't let the dark angels do all your daemonic work :).

Time to add a penance vow to keep the motivation up.

I, forte, make a penance vow that if Chaos are beaten by the Black Templars faction, I will paint an Emperor's Champion to my usual painting standard.

I, Scag, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 20 Chaos Cultists (details below) from Chaos Space Marines of total value 160 pts. on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Realm of Chaos in the name of father nurgle and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Details:

20 Cultists, 2 of them Champions (one with pumpgun), 8 of them with autoguns, 8 "nude", 1 flamethrower, 1 rifle, all 20 mark of nurgle (pictured by tentacles, pustules and thick bellies). I hope you dont mind i already based the skin in a light green. And yes i know the pic is bad. Good ones to follow when I'm finished.

May the plague be with you.

http://www.upload-pictures.de/bild.php/56985,img6152ZRJTM.jpg

Yes, welcome Scag and good luck with the vow!

BTW, I'm loving your avatar - there's nothing like a cheery nurgling to brighten up the day! :D

As i don't wish to spam this topic with my future posts the finished pictures (and future vows) can be found here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/273484-scag-nurgle-wip/

You have to post your vows and pics here, at least that was my understanding. It wouldn't be spamming as it is, in fact, the point of the thread.

Well, that and winding up the loyalists.

Dragonlover

Archived