+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

gallery_29004_9303_376881.png

SImply post the quote below and make sure by the time the ETLIII has ended that you have completed double your original vow.

Lets show those deluded corpse followers the true power of Chaos!

I offer my soul to the Gods of Chaos right now!

By the time the E Tenebrae Lux challenge ends on August 1st I will double the points I have pledged in my first oath and crush the dogs of the Imperium!

And another look at what you will gain. And there may be something for those who displease the Gods!
gallery_29004_9303_5600.png
(Ignore how the tag looks on a mobile browser. The background is transparent.)

Saw those on Facebook forte - and they look delicious. Keep it up!

I'll post another WIP photo today - but hopefully get it all killed off soon enough and onto the next vow.

I'll post another WIP photo today - but hopefully get it all killed off soon enough and onto the next vow.

Stalker ;)

Defo keep the pics coming. I'm certain I'm not the only one who gets fired up seeing how others are pushing their vows (or in Steve Shields case...armies!).

Stalker msn-wink.gif

Defo keep the pics coming. I'm certain I'm not the only one who gets fired up seeing how others are pushing their vows (or in Steve Shields case...armies!).

I can't help what pops up in my feed and looks awesome, can I?!

Completely agree - there are quite a few people we need to jostle along anyway...

This is where I'm up to today:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/Daemon2WIP_zpsf8e8f44c.jpg

With a nice close-up of the Decimator:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/photo21_zpsee59650f.jpg

These have both been washed to within an inch of their lives - Decimator will need a bit more detailing, bringing out some of the more intricate details on the armour - but is on the whole progressing nicely. The Forge needs more flesh work done to both tidy and improve the shade - and some more work done to both head and weapons, which need some more colouring! They're really shaping up nicely I feel - and am going to have to work out how best to base the Decimator...

=][= SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT =][=

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Poster_V6.jpg

Brothers,

This is a sad day as our most iconic Brother Argos has decided to step down.

His post announcing his decision can be found here: Brother Argos steps back

This has been a difficult decision for him given how much he has put into this community over the years in terms of time and effort and of course money.

Now as our paymaster steps back it's time for the frater that frequent and enjoy this forum to step forward and try to fill in the gap in order to keep the B&C running smoothly.

You will notice a donation button in the top left hand corner of the home page. If you want the B&C to survive do not turn your back to it now. Any amount is welcome, the B&C survival depends on that!

It's funny, using battle titans for apoc would be a landslide of a one-sided match. I can imagine a warlord or Imperator taking out entir companies and battalions.

Warlord Titans are not unstoppable if you are prepared for them and treat them appropriately. Drop Pods full of melta or grav shots is a great answer as you can use some 'lighter' ranged fire to strip the void shields first before. At 2,500 points, you can easily match that in firepower and some formations, like Predator Assassin Squadrons, are well suited to tearing off loads of hull points quickly once the shields are down. Even without the Titanhammer formation, thunder hammer armed Terminators can put a serious dent in any titan. A combination of demolisher cannon or medusa cannon fire supported by lascannons from a Guard army can also eat through 27 hull points quickly enough once the lighter ordnance manages six av12 glances as well.

Really the secret to killing titans without similar titans of your own (and often even then) is concentration of fire. If you do not focus on dropping them one at a time, chances are you will give them three, four, or more turns to ravage your lines. Of course there is some luck involved as a series of bad rolls, especially with the D weapons, can hurt terribly.

Barring all else, you can always throw your hands in the air and play Dark Eldar. Even a great many standard 40K lists can reliably tear apart titans without changing a single thing as S8 AP2 shooting is cheap and plentiful throughout the codex. I mean seriously, all titans are simply screwed against Ravager Titan Hunter formations; three to five cheap fast skimmers with 5++ saves and -6" to range when being shot at with each vehicle able to fire all three of their dark lances at Marine BS when moving 12". Just to be sure, each formation also has a single S1 weapon that if it hits causes all the formation's shooting (including that from the firing vehicle) to ignoring power/void/holo shields. This means for the same cost as a Warlord Titan you get four full formations, which totals 60 shots needing 4s to glance, 5+ to penetrate with a 2/3 chance for each quarter of those to bypass the void shield entirely. That is enough to drop an Imperator Titan in a single round (albeit with the odds against that happening) and for about 62% of the cost. Best part is most larger Dark Eldar armies could easily manage to "convert" Raiders to Ravagers by placing two dark lance armed infantry models on the deck and calling it WYSIWYG.

I know, but a smart person knows not to put the expensive cannon in the open by itself. However, there is a huge distance gap between Adeptus Titanicus playstyle, Epic, Epic Armageddon, Apoc, and fluff. There were Chaos Imperators (Irae and Rex) that needed demi legions of concentrated fire to take them down.

No where to run, no where to hide, Mon'Keigh.

I sub in a knight with an Armored Core. It was highly effective.

Would it be legal for me to enter in my Chaos Knight to the ETL? Its technically not a Chaos unit.

Yes you can under the ETL rules ;)

I, Clone, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Chaos Knight Errant conversion from Codex: Imperial Knights of total value 375 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Legio Mortis, the Dark Mechanicum and Chaos Undivided, failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I suppose I have to paint the thing now! biggrin.png

That is dead sexy Forte. Mr. Smiley concerns me though as I am not so sure that is a smile of happiness but rather I am going to wear your skin as a hat smile.

The fiend looks great so far.

Gub

Think it may be both. I really should name him.

i used a similar line on a girl once, 'nice skin, i cant wait to wear it'... she wasnt too impressed, neither was her boyfrend

I, Clone, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Chaos Knight Errant conversion from Codex: Imperial Knights of total value 375 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Legio Mortis, the Dark Mechanicum and Chaos Undivided, failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I suppose I have to paint the thing now! biggrin.png

Hate to be a party pooper here, but unless you've vowed after Semper's last update and before the closing of the ETL, you cannot join the ETL according to the strict rules (I don't see your name in the list of Chaos participants). But I think I speak for everyone that if we look into the eyes of our most venerated Dominus E Tenebrae Lux Captain Semper with corrupted bambi eyes, he wouldn't mind one extra Knight being added no? And if so, Forte and I could even count Clone as the fifth Oath of Corruption taker... cool.png whistling.gif

Oh balls I didn't realise there was a deadline for ETL oaths.

Pwease can I join ETL. Pwetty pwease.

http://www.cutekittenz.com/Kittens/Cant%20Say%20No%20to%20Those%20Eyes.jpg

=][= SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT =][=

You will notice a donation button in the top left hand corner of the home page. If you want the B&C to survive do not turn your back to it now. Any amount is welcome, the B&C survival depends on that!

Hey, just wondering if exposure to the Immaterium has shattered my fragile psyche, but does anyone else have the donation button on the top right side of the homepage? I spent an embarrassing amount of time scrolling up down looking at the left side yesterday before being able to donate...

Been on the right since it went on.

Can I add that whoever made the decision to place it on the right knows how to keep people happy. Majority of people in the world read from left to right. This also works with shopping too believe it or not. So by placing it on the right it is there for those looking for it and not being forced into the vision of those who have already contributed (and know where it is for next time). Most sites put the thing they want you to see first in the top left area so well played for putting faith into the B&C users.

Oh balls I didn't realise there was a deadline for ETL oaths.

Pwease can I join ETL. Pwetty pwease.

http://www.cutekittenz.com/Kittens/Cant%20Say%20No%20to%20Those%20Eyes.jpg

Khorne says must ki....er pet fuzzy cuddly thing.

Well, Clone did make the 888th post in this thread. So his Knight should be dedicated to Khorne, no?

If I'm allowed in the ETL I'll dedicate my knightykins to the blood god.

Archived