+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

All Cataphractii, the Grave Wardens and Deathshroud have now been weathered and chipped. I've done all of the metal on the Deathshroud, as well as the green on both them and the Wardens. Started the red on the Wardens too.

Can't wait to see em. I love HH Death Guard.

Cheers, hope I don't disappoint!

Hahahaha lolz/ It looks so good with them indeed! rolleyes.gif

And you did a really fine job on glazing and washing those spots man! I knew it was possible, but this.. please tell us (me) your method. Going to give that a try sometime! thumbsup.gif

I'm not gonna be in time for this weeks update, but I'm about 60% through the last part of vow 5 so I should be done in the next few days.

This is all thanks to the missus who ordered me to stop worrying about her and paint, cos she is awesome :tu:

@ 200plus: All the best dude, I hope your mom comes through this ok.

@ everyone else: COMPLETE EVERYTHING!!!! Let us stomp ALL of the corpse worshipping lickspittles into the dirt, and then moonwalk over their carcasses :devil:

Hahahaha lolz/ It looks so good with them indeed! rolleyes.gif

And you did a really fine job on glazing and washing those spots man! I knew it was possible, but this.. please tell us (me) your method. Going to give that a try sometime! thumbsup.gif

Here's what I did after airbrushing spots. Its complicated so let me know if anyone has questions. Ready?

1. With a big GW brush - coat the edges between the main plate and trim with Nuln Oil. Hair dryer to speed drying.
  2. With a big GW brush - coat the entire surface with Lahmian Medium mixed with a tiny dab of . Abbadon Black.

3. With a big GW brush - coat the entire surface with Hardcoat.

Yeah, I know - that was a tough one. Took me almost 20 minutes.

tongue.png

Thanks for all the compliments all.

I'll be able to complete my first vow this weekend. Done traveling for work and ready to relax with some painting sessions.

Started planning my remaining vows. Think I'm going to break them up into smaller chunks just in case something pops up. My painting speed is glacial compared to a lot of you and don't want to risk over committing here at the end.

Alright guys - tremendous progress in one day! You have managed to keep up with the competition and solidify your position to the top!

@ kilofix: congratulations on your gargantuan completion! This is turning out to be a great Scorpion - look forward to see it done sans the eyes! :rolleyes:

@ daemonclaw: A fantastic completion with a great choice of parts. And the dread? wow!

@ Rayray: I actually made a loud exclamation when I saw the Bloodthirster... family gave me a sad/scared look for a minute then went by their business.... Well done!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

gallery_29004_9303_376881.png

gallery_29004_9703_78134.png

SImply post the quote below and make sure by the time the ETLIII has ended that you have completed double your original vow.

Lets show those deluded corpse followers the true power of Chaos!

I offer my soul to the Gods of Chaos right now!

By the time the E Tenebrae Lux challenge ends on August 1st I will double the points I have pledged in my first oath and crush the dogs of the Imperium!

med_gallery_29004_6198_51314.jpg

And another look at what you will gain.

THIS IS ONLY TO BE USED WHEN THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN MET:

1. THE ETL HAS FINISHED

2. YOU DOUBLED THE POINTS VALUE OF YOUR ORIGINAL VOW

3. YOU COMPLETED ALL VOWS MADE

gallery_29004_9303_5600.png
(Ignore how the tag looks on a mobile browser. The background is transparent.)

And there may be something for those who displease the Gods!

I won't accept any more Soul Vows after this weekend.

Great progress guys! 

There's a lot of stuff going on IRL for me now (need to find a new house, bust @work and need to get fit for a new expedition), so it's going to be a narrow ETL finish for me. But nonetheless I finished one of my land speeders today.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/temporary_zps87d8103f.jpg

@Augustus - Always looking good. That Land Speeder is awesome.

@Semper - You don't like the eyes? That hurts Scorpions feelings. Scorpion Smash! Lol tongue.png

Our will seems to be slacking. The Lords of the Warp demand more. It is not enough to defeat the enemies piecemeal, for they may join together and repel us as a whole. We cannot destroy even the two greatest of them, how are we to defeat the enemy with all of their forces combined and arrayed against us. We must rise up and defeat the imperium together for we have no guarantee of their separation. Fear not, our agents have begun the infiltration of their forces, and we need not worry about the human chaff or the agents of old. But still the ranks of space marines spit on our advance. We must round them together and destroy them once and for all.

I Teetengee, now make a Vow of the Crusade!

If the combined forces of the Black Templars, Angels of Death, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, and Spacewolves exceed the contributions of chaos, I will model and paint a casualty of my warband being defeated by the forces of the corpse god!

I Teetengee, now make a Vow of the Crusade!

If the combined forces of the Black Templars, Angels of Death, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, and Spacewolves exceed the contributions of chaos, I will model and paint a casualty of my warband being defeated by the forces of the corpse god!

Your insane, I like that.  

Keep it up everyone, I should be done in eight days.  

Btw, here's the real reason I have "eyes" on my Scorpion:

14618674814_606b214c7f_c.jpg

Almost done now, just need to sharpen some lines, highlight, add transfers, and re-hardcoat / laquer:

14597752586_1a09e5ce01_c.jpg

THAT IS SO COOL.

If this wasn't already axiomatically the best Word Bearers Scorpion I've ever seen (as it's the first), it would still be the best ever. Those cartography lines are fantastic, Kilofix. You've done a wonderful job of making this daemon engine look Word Bearer first and Khornate second. Spectacular job.thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Still I think the eight eyes up front should stay msn-wink.gif

Okay sod it... Can't bear to see all these completions while I'm not contributing anything new...

So here goes vow 3. It may be small but I hope it helps!

I, TheDevourer, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete  from Codex: Chaos Space Marines 1 Chaos Lord (Terminator armor, nurgle grenades represented by heads, gift of mutation represented with mutations, twin lightning claws, close combat familiar represented by nurgling on base , Mark of Nurgle)  of total value 172 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Grandfather Nurgle and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Now to throw in an hour worth of painting because I'm fed up of learning economics.

Archived