+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Avast ye Chaos lovers! Finally (after a very painful few months of work and painting) I have finally completed my vow. Sorry it isnt much, but 60 models was not fun and morale was low. But at last I have finished, so here they are, 30 cultists and 30 bloodletters

Before

IMG 1652

Look at them. All black not very well painted. It makes me sick. Khone gives 0/10

After

IMG 0051

Oooh shiny new cultists/imperial traitors

IMG 0049

Aaaah Bloodletters with shinny banners of blood

And last but not least, the 30th cultist. (You know, the shotgun one from the dark vengeance starter kit). While painting him I realized his head had been painted too many times and he not had no recognizable face. I looking in the box and SHABAM! This guy (Im rather pleased with myself about this one).

IMG 0057

Well Khorne my debt is payed. I shall go back to painting in quiet again.Quick thanks to the heathen Dark Angel friend of mine who pushed me to finish these models when the process seemed daunting. 

Blood for the blood god ect.

-Drii

Well, well, well...

A lot of completions and some minions... :lol: Excellent tribute Kilofix! ;)

As we approach the finishing line I'd like all of you to check the forst page and make sure it correctly represents your status.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Unfortunately my grandpa is in the hospital and we don't know if he is going to make it. We are headed out to him in MN for the forseable future. My vow status is very uncertain.

Damn. I'm sorry to hear that Steve. Best of luck with that and I hope he pulls through.

My money's on the big yellow fella.

You always say that. :P

There's plenty more I say. Just can't post it in family friendly forums ;)

Unfortunately my grandpa is in the hospital and we don't know if he is going to make it. We are headed out to him in MN for the forseable future. My vow status is very uncertain.

best of luck to you and your grandpa steve. Hope he pulls through.

Shields, our thoughts and wishes go out to you and your family.

Semper, given Shields' family emergency, is there anything that could be done about his second vow?  I'm not asking for it to be lifted, but could the rest of us on the forum perhaps split it up and paint it for him, in addition to our own vows, as a show of support?

for the record, this is his second vow:

Abaddon

11 Chaos Lords in Power Armor

1 Chaos Lord on Bike

2 Chaos Sorcerers

1 Dark Apostle

Fateweaver

8 Demon Princes (1 Slan, 2 Tzeentch, 1 Khorne AoBF, 4 Nurgle one with black mace)

Demon Prince of Mammon

Elite

1 Helbrute with ML LC

3 5 Man Squads of Chosen in Rhinos

2 5 Man Plague Marine Squads in Rhinos

1 5 Man Noise Marine Squad in Rhino

Fast

Heldrake

2 Units of 3 Bikers

Heavy

1 5 Man Havoc Squad in Rhino

Land Raider

Basilisk

Manticore

Super Heavy

Angrath

Lord of Skulls

Chaos Knight Titan

Fortification

Fortress of Redemption Corruption

Aquila Heretic Strongpoint

Of that, I myself could probably take on:

1 Chaos Lords in Power Armor

1 Chaos Lord on Bike

1 Chaos Sorcerer

1 Dark Apostle

1 Demon Prince(Nurgle with black mace)

1 other daemon prince (unsure alignment, whatever a wingless FF ifrit figure would acceptably suit?)

Elite

1 Helbrute with ML LC

Fast

Heldrake

2 Units of 3 Bikers

Heavy

1 5 Man Havoc Squad in Rhino

Land Raider

And if I super pushed, if absolutely nobody else could take it, maybe the Lord of Skulls. (main issue there is the hit to my bank account).

Heck, if Steve was able to mail me some of these models, with some close up pics from his first vow for color scheme reference, I'd pain them in his colors, and mail them back, and could probably take on another couple chaos lords..

I would be willing to put my own vows on the line for this, and do so only after completing my second vow.

Obviously, everything, including my second vow, would be basecoats only, rather than my usual standards, if this were allowed, and would be dependent on others on the forum being able to take on the rest of steve's vow between them.

A friend of mine says that he has an angrath for me (I believe that is what he meant by forgeworld blood thirster) that if he can get it to me I might be able to paint up. Also my next vow was going to be a chaos lord in power armour anyways. (that would be 4 for those counting, I still need to finish three though.

Hang in there mate - I sure hope everything will work out in the end! Don't worry about the vow now - this is really nothing compared to the real issues you're facing! Be strong and supporting to your family in this difficult time. 

@ malisteen: Your stance is commendable and I'm really happy that the ETL gets such great sense of camaraderie among the frater! But the rules of the ETL cannot be bend to this extend. Real life happens and having very large vows means you assume an extra risk.

I think the best show of solidarity to steve's difficult situation is not for others to finish his vow but others to finish their own vows. Right now Chaos has a total pledge of 126kpts. Even without steve's vows (complete or incomplete) Chaos has almost 100k(!) points pledged - by far the most than any other faction. All Chaos need to do is deliver on their pledges with a reasonably high completion rate. That way you'll express your solidarity to steve and win the day for Chaos regardless...

Don't take unnecessary risks - just finish what you originally pledged and there is nothing stopping you from getting on top. 

Second vow.  For Steve.

I, Faelchu, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX III and vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Daemons: one Tzeentch Daemon Prince with wings and one Tzeentch Daemon Prince without wings of total value 380 points on or before August 1st. Success will be Just As Planned.

They are built and primed. Have been for months, for Tzeentch's sake! Sheesh. 

They'll have at least three colors on them and be designated "complete" by August 1st.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o315/Duhave/E%20TENEBRAE%20LUX%20III/vow2before_zpsa96ef5db.jpg

well guys, im in the process of looking for models to paint in my collection and i do have this. its an out of comp vow as i finished by 5 vows and have done 2 other OOC vows in the IG forum. here is my 3rd OOC vow.

OOC vow #3

I Arizonajirt answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the below out of competition list from Warhammer 40,000 escalation of total value of 1,013 points on or before August 1st

Khorne Lord of Skulls with Skull Hurdler and deamongore cannon 1,013 pts

Sorry to hear that Steve. Hope he pulls through.

Dragonlover

P.S- How come we keep having rubbish things interrupt people? I thought vows traditionally got screwed by happy things like weddings and babies?

Sorry to hear that Steve. Hope he pulls through.

Dragonlover

P.S- How come we keep having rubbish things interrupt people? I thought vows traditionally got screwed by happy things like weddings and babies?

We are chaos, happiness is not our mistress, only misery.  

Hang in their guys only two more weeks.  

Archived