+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

Fashionably late to the party here but here I go.

I our_baz answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to
complete 1st platoon of E Company of the 7th Levalloisian Life guards  from the Imperial Guard of total value 445pts on or
before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Regiment and
failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

P5140091

CCS Officer w/ shotgun, 1x Hvy Flamer 3x flamer 85pts

P5140088

Commissar 25pts

P5140089

Vet Squad one: Vox, flamer 70pts

2nd Squad w/ grenade Launcher and Vox

Vet Squad two: Vox Grenade Launcher 70pts

Missile Hvy Weps

Heavy weapon squad 1 3 x missile launchers 90pts

Lascannon Hvy Weps

Heavy weapon squad  2 3 x lascannons 105pts

#Transmission Incoming#

#Haven't updated in this thread for a while so here goes#

#Sit Rep 15/7/2014#

CCS Done

CCS complete

Commissar Done

Completed Commisar 7/7/14

Vet Squad 1 Done

Completed Squad 2 7/7/14

Vet Squad 2 Done

Completed squad 1 7/7/14

Also 2/3 way through missile team and have second HWT basecoated. Updates to followw

IG Army

I Sinthos117 answer the call of f E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1 CCS- Straken, Regimental Banner, Medic, Plasma Gunner, Vox Caster, Astopath, Master of Ordnance, Officer of the Fleet>>> 305 pts

1st Platoon

1 PCS- 4 Grenade Launchers>>> 50 pts

1 IS- Melta Bomb, Plasma Gun>>> 70 pts

1 IS- Melta Bomb, Plasma Gun>>> 70 pts

1 IS- Melta Bomb, Melta Gun>>> 65 pts

2nd Platoon

1 PCS- 4 Grenade Launchers>>> 50 pts

3rd Platoon

1 PCS- 4 Flamers>>> 50 pts

1 IS- Melta Bomb, Flamer>>> 60 pts

1 IS- Melta Bomb, Flamer>>> 60 pts

4th Platoon

1 PCS- 4 Flamers>>> 50 pts

1 IS- Melta Bomb>>> 55 pts

1 IS- Melta Bomb>>> 55 pts

1 IS- Melta Bomb, Grenade Launcher>>> 60 pts

Support Cadre

2 Ministorum Priests>>> 50 pts

2 Primaris Psykers>>> 90 pts

1 Lord Commissar- Emperor's Benidiction>>> 70 pts

1 Commissar>>> 25 pts

Vehicle Pool

4 Chimeras>>> 240 pts

2 Leman Russ BAttle Tanks- Hull Lascannon>>> 330 pts

1 Leman Russ Punisher- Heavy Bolter Sponsons>>> 180 pts

3 Deathstrike Missile Launchers- Dozer Blades>>> 510 pts

for a total of 2755 pts.  This I pledge on my sacred honor.

Pics to follow.

I give you Knight-commander Pask in a Vanquisher with hull lascannon (the squadron mate -painted years ago- is NOT part of ETL, but is included as a reference for Pask's paint job)

Before:

med_gallery_13203_9402_95426.jpg

After:

gallery_13203_9402_304963.jpg

WIP pics can be found in my PLOG (numerican night watch, in this sub-forum).

I hereby suspend my first vow, since my super-heavy is not scheduled to arrive until Friday (and the bonus sponson sprue is back-ordered), and declare a second vow:

avenger strike fighter with dual missile launchers 190

ten stormtroopers with dual melta 150

stormtrooper command squad with four plasma 145

two valkyries 250

an autocannon heavy weapons squad 75

For a total of 810...

sml_gallery_13203_9402_375464.jpg sml_gallery_13203_9402_660014.jpg

med_gallery_13203_9402_351881.jpg

Captain,

I'll be completing  both vows, I'm merely moving on to work on the new vow while I wait for the shadowsword to arrive.  I'm not sure that it makes any difference whether the new vow becomes the first vow and the original vow becomes the subsequent vow...it's your contest, I'll abide by whatever makes the most sense to you!

March

/edit/  It looks like the backordered baneblade sponsons are now back on offer...I might be able to get them at the same time as the rest of the model...failing that, a week later.

Hi Cap'm Heckus, good vow there... I work it out to 301pts. Just a couple of things to clarify:

1. The "two more" I assume refer to a future vow.

2. Make sure that both the Forward Sentries and the Demolitions doctrines are properly represented as only things that can be phsically represented will earn you points. So melta bombs and demo charge should be there... (they may already be - can't tell from the pic). ;)

Yes. Sorry. The other 2 refers to 2 further vows. Tanks most likely.

As to the demolitions, one of the vets has the demo-charge arm from forge world (I apologize for the black primer). As for stealth gear on the forward sentries, the majority of the squad has night vision goggles from the SM sniper scout sprue. If that is insufficient, I inderstand.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. Not used to posting from my phone

Some WIP pics:

New regimental standard bearer underway:

http://i.imgur.com/pffmuLq.jpg 

http://i.imgur.com/zV3bIFJ.jpg  http://i.imgur.com/2JyYfZX.jpg

Commissar with powerfist and the plasma gunner getting base colors put down:

http://i.imgur.com/8KxulQz.jpg    http://i.imgur.com/sCVD5nD.jpg

I Spafe answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a total value of 540pts on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Regiment and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

ccs, powersword, plasma pistol, vox, banner, 2 grenade launchers-120

Heavy weapon squad, 3 mortars-60

Heavy weapon squad, 3 lascannons-105

Heavy weapon squad, 3 lascannons-105

Heavy weapon squad, 3 heavy bolters-75

Heavy weapon squad, 3 autocannons-75

total points-540

total models-1 officer, 34 men, 15 crew served weapons

My aim is to get this vow done within 2 weeks, with my total model count to reach over 150...we will see how closely this goes to plan...

Wip pics of the intial vow (sorry, only have a camera on my phone...):

med_gallery_33656_9593_2911.jpg med_gallery_33656_9593_728271.jpg

med_gallery_33656_9593_408293.jpg med_gallery_33656_9593_607207.jpg

I am just waiting on the points costs then will edit the above post, Hope thats alright

march10k, on 05 May 2014 - 21:47, said:

Captain,

I'll be completing both vows, I'm merely moving on to work on the new vow while I wait for the shadowsword to arrive. I'm not sure that it makes any difference whether the new vow becomes the first vow and the original vow becomes the subsequent vow...it's your contest, I'll abide by whatever makes the most sense to you!

March

/edit/ It looks like the backordered baneblade sponsons are now back on offer...I might be able to get them at the same time as the rest of the model...failing that, a week later.

You cannot have two vows running in parallel. It has to be a linear progress, moving to a new vow only after you have declared completion to the previous one.

Now given the above and the baneblade sponsons availability, I suggest you amend the vow that I have already linked in the first page to include everything you want to do... That'll be the easier way - just give me a heads-up when you do so that I amend the first page points' value. msn-wink.gif

Cap'm Heckus, on 05 May 2014 - 21:55, said:

Captain Semper, on 05 May 2014 - 10:21, said:

Hi Cap'm Heckus, good vow there... I work it out to 301pts. Just a couple of things to clarify:

2. Make sure that both the Forward Sentries and the Demolitions doctrines are properly represented as only things that can be phsically represented will earn you points. So melta bombs and demo charge should be there... (they may already be - can't tell from the pic). msn-wink.gif

As to the demolitions, one of the vets has the demo-charge arm from forge world (I apologize for the black primer). As for stealth gear on the forward sentries, the majority of the squad has night vision goggles from the SM sniper scout sprue. If that is insufficient, I inderstand.

Sounds good to me! smile.png

I have also added spafe's vow (good luck smile.png ) but let me know when you come up with a total value. Same applies with Walter h. let me know when you work out the value of your vow!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Nothing completed, but a WIP update:

Through the Warp, to near and far,

To Tallarn, Lethe and Ultramar,

The Emperor points and we obey,

Through the Warp and far away.

med_gallery_63428_8145_10412.jpg

Decided to do the four flamer-wielders, Lord Solar (thought not in quite the `official` colours) and the skull-kisser (as Elmo named him) first. Should have them finished this week.

http://i.imgur.com/d2nhs7D.jpg

Soon done. Only the last layer of rust and damage left. You know, the (painted) holes, the blood and rust and the Chainsword and gun powder on the Battlecanon. Also the decals on the crotch flag, but I am still studying the symbols in the Knight Companion so give it a bit. Then there's the terrain and he's done. Give it a few more days.

Started on the Vets and Tanks already. They should be done soon enough to get the 2nd vow rolling msn-wink.gif

I firewind answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following units from Codex: Astra Militarum of total value 455 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Catachan 516th Artillery Regiment and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

Company Command squad with bolter and carapace armour on the colonel, 2 sniper rifles, missile launcher, officer of the fleet (100 points)

Command Squad 1

Ministorum Priest (25 points)

Techpriest Enginseer (40 points)

Support HQ 1

Heavy Weapons Squad with 3 autocannons (75 points)

Autocannons 1

Heavy Weapons Squad with 3 missile launchers (90 points)

Missiles 1

Basilisk (125 points)

Basilisk 1

This basilisk didn't strip that well, but I think it will turn out all right with a coat of primer

Hopefully it will stop snowing soon so I can prime these guys, since I need them for a tournement on June 7.  Also, bonus points for anyone who can identify the model I'm using for the officer of the fleet.

march10k, on 05 May 2014 - 21:47, said:

Captain,

I'll be completing both vows, I'm merely moving on to work on the new vow while I wait for the shadowsword to arrive. I'm not sure that it makes any difference whether the new vow becomes the first vow and the original vow becomes the subsequent vow...it's your contest, I'll abide by whatever makes the most sense to you!

March

/edit/ It looks like the backordered baneblade sponsons are now back on offer...I might be able to get them at the same time as the rest of the model...failing that, a week later.

You cannot have two vows running in parallel. It has to be a linear progress, moving to a new vow only after you have declared completion to the previous one.

Now given the above and the baneblade sponsons availability, I suggest you amend the vow that I have already linked in the first page to include everything you want to do... That'll be the easier way - just give me a heads-up when you do so that I amend the first page points' value. msn-wink.gif

>>

Cap'm Heckus, on 05 May 2014 - 21:55, said:

Captain Semper, on 05 May 2014 - 10:21, said:

2. Make sure that both the Forward Sentries and the Demolitions doctrines are properly represented as only things that can be phsically represented will earn you points. So melta bombs and demo charge should be there... (they may already be - can't tell from the pic). msn-wink.gif

Sounds good to me! smile.png

I have also added spafe's vow (good luck smile.png ) but let me know when you come up with a total value. Same applies with Walter h. let me know when you work out the value of your vow!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hmmm....didn't know that was possible...if you can amend the original vow to add stuff, the limit of five vows seems superfluous...but ok, I'll just add the second vow to the first one, it's all the same to me...Ok, updated...total 1590, details are in the original vow post.

Hmmm....didn't know that was possible...if you can amend the original vow to add stuff, the limit of five vows seems superfluous...but ok, I'll just add the second vow to the first one, it's all the same to me...Ok, updated...total 1590, details are in the original vow post.

Normally, when you make a vow you cannot change it (apart from some fine-tuning). You have to finish it and then move to the next one. However in this case it seemed to me there was a misunderstanding of the rules, and since we are still in the recruiting phase of the event I did not want to constraint you that way. I want people to vow what they want - not be entangled to technicalities.

So now your first vow is in - if you want to do more stuff you have to declare completion to this vow first. msn-wink.gif

@ firewind: Welcome to the ETL and good luck with your vow!

AS THE FIRST UPDATE APPROACHES, PLEASE CHECK THE FIRST PAGE TO MAKE SURE YOUR STATUS IS CORRECTLY REPRESENTED. LET ME KNOW IF YOU SEE ANY DESCREPANCIES.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived