+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

@ Kierdale: This is pretty neat! Does is say "Semper" on the rock? B)

What's that you say?

Squints

Looks like some malingerer graffitied it onto the wall!

Glad you spotted that little Easter egg ;)

are we allowed to make and start on a second vow when the first one is not finished yet? i'm nearing completion of my second hellhound (only detailing and dirtying up to do) and then only need to do another 2 chimeras, however, painting those same tank hulls gets boring after a while and i've got plenty of models i could vow for a second vow!?

Excellent! Well done hendrik biggrin.png When do we get to see a full army shot?

I might take a picture tomorrow if all my units are painted and i don't forget about it,although chances are i might have to cancel the game to help out my father unrooting some trees in our garden. we'll see!

I've been busy getting my 'Nids done and revising for my exam, which is on Tuesday, but I'll be back to painting my ETL vow next week hopefully.

leave those filthy xenos, and focus on your test! any non imperial distraction is heresy in the eyes of the allfather! and you don't want to commit no heresy, do you? ;)

Good luck!

Good Morning Guys :D Last exam was yesterday - now finished my First Year of Uni and ready to take up from where I left off!

First off, here is the completion of my Third Vow - 1 Wyvern.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14303528644/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14304100445/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14302188352/

*And if anyone is interested, the 'Faith, Hate, Vengeance, Truth' is a quote from the Anthony Reynolds Word Bearers Series.

And now for my Fourth Vow:

I Dark_Apostle_XVII answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1 Knight Commander Pask (the Traitor Guard 'Counts-As equivalent anyway) in a Leman Russ Vanquisher with Hull Mounted Lascannon, Dozer Blade and Camo Netting - once again represented by Daemonic Possession and I have an Idea of an almost Chaos Pulpit type thing which could incorporate a mild forcefield to achieve this too. (235)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14304111895/

Veteran Squad with Vox Caster, 3 Plasma Guns, Grenadiers and Forward Sentries - Grenadiers is represented by using the Scion models as they have Carapace Armour and Forward Sentries by the roll of cloth on their backpack painted to look like a Camo-Cloak. (135)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14117487510/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122948524@N05/14303539494/

from Codex: Astra Militarum of total value  370 Points, on or before August 1st.

Success will bring eternal glory to my comrades in the Imperial Guard Forum and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

A nice way to greet the morning, though I've been at work a few hours now :P More good work, I think the guns turned out really well here as well as all the extra details and text. I imagine you're pretty good at cranking tanks out now! It's a bit like collecting Guard in that it's hard to stop ;) Also curse you, I'm putting in an order for more models this weekend and now I have to resist adding a box of Scions to it! :lol: Keep up the great work, it's quite a feat to be at your fourth vow so soon :)

Thanks man :D Yeah, I guess - after the first few tanks they are all the same pretty much so I have my process now and can get through them quickly. It really is!! Like, I have never really been one for tanks, I don't use a single one in my Word Bearers, and I won't use transports in any army (Infantry has always been my thing, and at like 60 points each I could get another IG squad for that), but I have a bit of a thing for Imperial Guard Battle Tanks now and I want to keep painting them. Was only planning on adding one or two as they are rather good, very iconic of the guard and look great as Traitor Guard but I have loved building and painting them so much it has changed my mind completely - plus, the stuff for this ETL has been some of the first models I have fully finished in a long time so that has definitely inspired me to keep it up :)

Haha, not trying to be the salesman here but I honestly think you should get some, they are one of the best kits I have had the pleasure to work with in a long time. And if that's not sold it, I'm about to post my first test Scion in my Traitor Guard thread. He is not quite finished but it gives everyone an idea of the look I want.

Cheers :)

Once you go Guard there's no turning back, this we all know ;) I love tanks, they're quite different to painting infantry and good for your lists so they're well worth getting. The aesthetics and uniformity of the chassis and designs are what makes them so great - 40k being what it is. Once you get ranks upon ranks of Guardsmen with a dozen vehicles to back them up you can really see the strength and awesomeness of the Guard :D

So, that's one more converted to the glorious Order of Tank Treadheads (OTT), it's inevitable really so why resist? The more tanks you paint the higher you rise in the echelons of the Order. You also get a cool hat and you should see the parties we throw on Van Cjester's feast day!

Any plans on painting the clear plastic? 

I started to, no technical issues there, but I quickly realized that the rear canopy would be more than 3/4 "metal" if I painted the "frame" as GW intended.  There would be small side windows, a little gunner's slit to the rear, but almost pure "glass" from the top.  Very bizarre.  For now, it's transparent plasteel.  Someday, I might get inspired to shave off the rivets, glue on new ones, and remake the canopy frame in a way that makes sense...then paint.  For now, it's done.

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Poster_V6.jpg

=][= FOURTH WEEKLY UPDATE =][=

ON SUNDAY, JUNE 1ST AT 17:00 GMT THE DOORS WILL CLOSE TO NEW PARTICIPANTS FOR EVER! MAKE SURE YOU REPORT IN THE RELEVANT STRATEGIUM BEFORE THE DEADLINE!!!

Coming along nicely as always, I like what you've been doing with the bases. Is that just an Agrax wash over white?

I'd like to see a full army shot of your Guard one day Kier :)

The 'dirt' bases are Ushabti Bone washes with Agrax Earthshade. I used to use a non-GW acrylic instead of Ushabti ('ivory yellow' or something like that) but changed to Ushabti to keep things simpler (The other paint needed more coats too).

After the ETL I'll do another army shot :)

In fact, a round of army shots from all ETL III participants might be called for, no?

A parade of honour (if not victory!), if you will.

OK Guardmen - well done so far!

@ Hendrik: You cannot have two vows running in parallel - it's a sequential process in order to motivate people to complete their oaths without having too many distractions (and for me to keep what's left of my sanity...) msn-wink.gif

@ Dark Apostle: you're paitning to real high standards - well done sir! Just don't forget those bases... msn-wink.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived