+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

You heard the Captain - last chance to enlist for glory before the transport ships lift off the for the last time! If you want to join our crusade then all that's required is a small vow to register :)

For my part I've unfortunately not been able to find enough time this weekend to get into much painting but I'm piggling away at it. I've had to delay my model order as a friend wants some time to sort out what he wants but there'll be plenty of time for it to arrive before I'm finished on my Platoon :)

Keep up the good work everyone, the Emperor is surely pleased with all the fantastic vowing that has taken place :D

That's that then boys and girls, no more reinforcements from here on out. It's up to us to carry the day! Load your lasgun and fix bayonets it's time to go over the top and beyond the call of duty! Remember always the Emperor is watching; do not fail Him.

Great progress guys - keep it up!

Now it's important to complete the smaller vows relatively fast in order to capitalise on them. June is the most difficult month because it still seems that the end of the event in August is too far away and that you have plenty of time! Do not fall for that. July will be here before you know it and if you're out of shape you will feel overwhelmed...

So complete your vows early - but not hastily! Do not compromise your quality (thankfully none of that has occured so far) but also keep the pace!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

The longer the journey the more worthwhile the destination ;) Unless you're going down your local pub I suppose... :P

Let's keep pressing on as the Captain says - we're at a great pace for producing good models relatively quickly so we should maintain this. What's the worse that happens - you finish all your vows early? Hardly something to complain about!

For my tanks, I only use 2 GW ones - a detail and fine detail. I just use medium sized brushes you can get in packs for £1 or so in an art shop. Means I can slap the paint on quick and do washes without worrying about ruining them (and the one I have ruined are still good for drybrushing silver chips in my rusted tracks). I would recommend doing the same to anyone, the GW brushes are only needed once we get to details and saves buying loads as they are expensive - although saying that, their brushes are great quality but for basecoats you don't need that :)

You use GW brushes?!?  ~look of horror~  They're absolutely garbage, not worth $3 appiece, and for the price that GW gets for them, you can get the world's best (kolinsky sable) instead.  I use $5 golden taklon brushes for my tank brushes, but then I do the detail with a no. 1 and no. 2 kolinsky.  I favor Raphael brushes, but Windsor and Newton or Da Vinci are great brushes, too. 

Yeah, only their detail ones though, or the Army painter occasionally, not sure where else to get small good brushes in the UK but they have always served me well. Any cheap, big brush will do for basecoats and tanks though.

I'll look into those other brands though as GW ones are very expensive (although I only buy them on online retailers where they are cheaper), thanks.

Archived