+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

A pity I can't join this. It looks fun, and I must've painted a good 1K of models at least since two weeks after the AM Codex released. Ho-hum, always next year!

The Forces of the Imperium are in a strange situation. On one hand there is the Imperial Guard (it’ll take me some time to get used to Astra Militarum) that is doing virtually all the effort and has a respectable 37% completion rate and the SoBs, GKs that have yet to contribute… This puts a bit more strain on the IG as they are effectively on their own. Progress was somewhat better than the previous week and the IG seems to have a good tempo. Again the focus should lie in completing the first vows as we enter the last month of the event! The IG has a large amount of “small” first vows (i.e. less than 1kpts) so improving on the completion ratio further would not be so demanding. The bet here is to see the SoBs and the GKs contributing - even in the last minute!

Guard doing all the work as usual, eh? Just wait for the Grey Knights to jump in at the last second and sterilise you all. :P

If they can find their power armour nappies and get out of bed that is, even then they'd probably be too tired and have a nap. Don't worry, I'll be more than happy to show them what real ETL commitment looks like in the shape of my shiny new Baneblade...

I'm worried about next year, I might not have any Guard left to paint!

A pity I can't join this. It looks fun, and I must've painted a good 1K of models at least since two weeks after the AM Codex released. Ho-hum, always next year!

The Forces of the Imperium are in a strange situation. On one hand there is the Imperial Guard (it’ll take me some time to get used to Astra Militarum) that is doing virtually all the effort and has a respectable 37% completion rate and the SoBs, GKs that have yet to contribute… This puts a bit more strain on the IG as they are effectively on their own. Progress was somewhat better than the previous week and the IG seems to have a good tempo. Again the focus should lie in completing the first vows as we enter the last month of the event! The IG has a large amount of “small” first vows (i.e. less than 1kpts) so improving on the completion ratio further would not be so demanding. The bet here is to see the SoBs and the GKs contributing - even in the last minute!

Guard doing all the work as usual, eh? Just wait for the Grey Knights to jump in at the last second and sterilise you all. tongue.png

GK and SoB are too busy fighting each other, lol. tongue.png

My 2nd super-heavy will be a magnetised kit (the old Shadowsword one), but alas there is no way I'd get it done in time. I'm off to Seattle on Tuesday so I'll only have enough time to finish my Hydras plus maybe a small 4th vow if I'm lucky as I'm not back until the 18th. Rest assured I'll be juggling my other responsibilities as best I can to squeeze in as much as I can without risking failure ;)

Damn, that's no good. A workman needs the right tools for the job! I keep mine all together with my paints so I always know where they are, just as well as I will soon be having need of them:

gallery_30308_9560_11192.jpg

I'll update my declaration post with the image to make Semper's life easier. With a bit of luck I might even sneak in a first coat of something today smile.png

Those are nice looking models. I think I know what my next purchases will be!

Some progress pics:

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/Odogg242/photo1_zpsf342810d.jpg

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/Odogg242/photo2_zps32b90a32.jpg

Just need to add another coat on the second Chimera, (on the right). Then the treads and weapons. Both should be done in a few days!

A question: The leathery 'Boot" around the hull mounted heavy bolter, what colour do you think it would be? Brown? Same as the hull? Black? 

Yeah, they're quite nice kits once you've got into it :) Good progress sox, I think for your HB material I think I lighter colour would suit like I use. Karak Stone with a nice Agrax Earthshade works nicely for mine and gives a nice contrast such that I'm a bit sad that all the heavy flamers I'm using don't need it :P If you fancy something a bit darker than I think replacing Karak with Baneblade Brown should do it.

There are some good news guys - something stirs in the GK Strategium - no completions yet but at least signs of life...

Now are we going to see any completions from the Guard before the weekly update tomorrow?

so Im not done guys. I know that i have completed by 5 vows for the ETL, but that does not stop me from doing Out of Competition/challenge vows. and how i can do from other dexes that dont count towards the raven guard or any other space marines. 

I have a pile of IG that i got in a trade, alot of old oop stuff that i want to paint and the ETL gives me great motivation. So here is my first OOC vow. a few of the models i started on, but since this doesn't count, here we go. 

I Arizonajirt answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the below out of competition list from Codex: astra militarum and codex: inquisition of total value of 1,079 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to my inquisition force of doom, with no failure or badge of shame, as it is not a vow that counts for anything other than self pride.

Tech priest enginseer 40 

lord commisar, power sword, bolt pistol 80 

commisar, bolt pistol (hand flamer), power axe 40 

Commisar Yarick 145 

Ratling snipers x3 30 

Nork Deddog 85 

Inqusitor, bolt pistol, null rod, 3 servo skulls 59 

Orgyn x 4 170 

IG Heavy weapons teams x 3 lascannon 105 

5 man scion squad, sgt w/ BP/PW, vox, 2 x melta 110 

5 man scion squad, sgt w/ BP/PW, vox, 2 x HS volley gun 110 

taurox prime, hs volley guns, storm bolter, missile launcher 105

Well, Arizona is now backing the Guard, and even as an OoC he should help morale!

C'mon guys we're in the final two and a half weeks - let's see those first vows completing! I'm also concerned with those who have subsequent vows outstanding... Finish it up guys - you got a lot of points in jeopardy there... 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Progress update: I'm getting there, the hellhound is well under way leaving me with just the platoon command squad and the sentinel to do. Hoping to have everything done by the end of the weekend so that I have a full 2 weeks to do my final vow and I have a feeling I'm going to need every minute!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++Incoming Transmission+++++++++

Message limited to guard and Captain Semper.

The forge world the Cadian 171st use has come into disorder, and subsequently a small reaction force of the 171st have had to mobilise to deal with a labour strike action.

Negotiations are still in progress though initial murmurings are that the sentinel left from the vow will be crafted this weekend, and the paint shop may even find time to start work on both that and the wyvern for what will be my last vow.

Your faithful servant,

Lt Titus Custard

Lt in charge 1st platoon 4th Company.

++++++++ End of Transmission. ++++++++++++

Ugh...I have three stormtroopers and a valkyrie left....and I'm out of town till Monday. That means I'll have two weeks to finish, which sounds like a lot, but I'm burnt out on painting fliers, so I may take upwards of a week to finish that last bird. I'll make it, but not with time to spare for a second vow. :(

Great to see progress here - and Arizona is as active as ever! :D

Another piece of good news: Commodus has reported the completion of his second vow in the Mechanicum forum! That means that not only you have another Knight to support your efforts bit it sealed the risk of disqualifying the first one too! The GKs are updating too, so it seems that there might be some positive surprises in the photo-finish!

But that does not take the burden off your shoulders - in fact you now have to seal all your loose ends and make the final push to August 1st! To arms!!!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived