+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Do bases need to be finished for a vow to be complete? I usually like to paint all of my bases at once for consistency reasons, so I hope not. I've had a look through the ETL rules but couldn't find an answer.

If an unpainted base isn't a problem, I'd like to declare my first vow complete!

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2929_zps3f141439.jpg

Almost done with the Sicaran, just gotta let the oilwash dry ohmy.png

Also, epic stuff here on the HH forum as always.

This was a fun experience to paint, and it certainly wont be the last Sicaran on my table.

The obligatory VIP shot, which I almost forgot to take:

Sicaran VIP

And here is how she ended up:

Sicaran 1

Sicaran 2

Sicaran 5

Sicaran 4

Sicaran 3

And with that my contribution to the HH sub forum is done... Unless FW goes ahead and releases some more IW!

So here's where I'm at with my vow

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/290429-blood-wrath-endurance-update-1605/page-3?do=findComment&comment=3701584

Preparing for vow 2 as well sorry about the lack of updates only just got home from 2 weeks away for work and needed down time with the misses pizza & beer

Impressive how fast people are pumping out quality models.

Progress have been really slow on my part, but I expect that to change when I'm done with my exam next week. Just six more days and I can start contributing to the war effort again.

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Poster_V6.jpg

=][= FOURTH WEEKLY UPDATE =][=

ON SUNDAY, JUNE 1ST AT 17:00 GMT THE DOORS WILL CLOSE TO NEW PARTICIPANTS FOR EVER! MAKE SURE YOU REPORT IN THE RELEVANT STRATEGIUM BEFORE THE DEADLINE!!!

@ kizzdougs: This is too awesome for words! The epitome of less is more... Everything works: the purple, the metallics, the white... This is outstanding... And the unpainted base is a problem only if it's a problem for you! ;)

@ Brother Captain Lucian: This Sicaran is sick. Look forward to see it done.

Amazing output guys, from the poses to the painting this is really a celebration of the Heresy! Keep it up :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

These are unofficial vows made by the ETL participants and are collectively known as penance vows. I record them in the first page for fun but have no real bearing in the ETL if they remain unfulfilled... But it's great motivation!

I see. We could do Oaths of Moments.

Good idea:

Oath of Moment

Here I swear for the Honour of the XIV Legion, the Warmaster and the Primarch, that I will at least double my pledged points and will complete my vows before the end of the ETL III. (For a total of at least 3000points)

Should I fail my Honour and my brothers and sisters of the Horus Heresy forum, I will pay for my hubris the most fitting punishment imaginable by painting a Squad of the Emperor´s Children Legion.

Here is mine.

I swear, on my honour as a Son of Angron, that I shall complete at least 1,000 points before the ETL has finished. If I fail in my duty I will paint one Vlka Fenryka standing over the dead body of a World Eater, a final reminder of the Night of the Wolf. This is my Oath of Moment.

I kizzdougs answer the call of ETLIII and vow to complete one Lord Commander (Praetor) of the IIIrd Legion on or before the competition deadline.

Praetor: Paragon Blade, Iron Halo = 150pts.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2930_zps63eb9dc0.jpg

Slightly over the top with the bling, maybe sweat.gif

I kizzdougs answer the call of ETLIII and vow to complete one Lord Commander (Praetor) of the IIIrd Legion on or before the competition deadline.

Holy tapdancing crap, that's badass.

I demand you take a vacation to Alaska, and bring these boys with you, sir.

I, Zoatibix, heed the call of the E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete a five man Blood Angel Legion Tactical Support Squad with Rotor Cannons (125pts from HH Book 1) on or before 1 August 2014.

Should I fail in my duty to the God Emperor, Sanguinus and my battle-brothers I will bear the mark of shame as penance until the year's end.

Pictures will be posted later today.

I invoke the right of ro sham bo

He stole gabriel seths backpack which I'm using on my praetor

I, Brother Molokai, answer the call of ETL iii and vow to complete ; one spartan assault tank, one falchion super heavy tank destroyer, and two Armageddon pattern medusas.

Spartan 295

Falchion 505

Medusas 310

Total 1110

If I fail I will wear the badge of shame until my penance is served.

Thanks Heathens. I'm actually taking a holiday in the UK soon, but if I'm ever in your region I'll be sure to look you up. Id love to see your Marines Malevolent/Astral Claws/IWs in the flesh.

I invoke the right of ro sham bo

He stole gabriel seths backpack which I'm using on my praetor

Hahaha, you know the back pack looks much better on a true son of Fulgrim. Only we deserve such pretty things ;)

Looking forward to seeing your Praetor :)

Welcome to the new recruits and good luck to those who revowed (yes, there is no such thing as too much blink for the III Legion)! 

I have also made a section about Oaths of Moment in the first page, so feel free to add to them... They have no real bearing for the ETL if they are unfulfilled but it's good fun! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thanks Heathens. I'm actually taking a holiday in the UK soon

I would offer you a game if I had more then 8 models and didn't live in a part of Surrey I doubt you would visit. I do work at Heathrow Terminal 4 though so if you heading through that way let me know. I work in a place that sees everyone so if I'm I could potentially say hi.

Wait, maybe it is early morning idiocy on my part, but can I no longer make any more vows after June 01? Or is that just the cutoff for new participants and has no bearing on those of us who have already completed vows?

And that III Legion Praetor is awesome! I would love to murder him! Yes yes, visit Alaska lol!

Wait, maybe it is early morning idiocy on my part, but can I no longer make any more vows after June 01? Or is that just the cutoff for new participants and has no bearing on those of us who have already completed vows?

And that III Legion Praetor is awesome! I would love to murder him! Yes yes, visit Alaska lol!

Archived