Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

"Samus. That's the only name you hear..."

Looking forward to your update! :smile.:

Hehe yeah - who would have thought that Samus is so cute back then reading Horus Rising ;)?

Wow nice Ron, I'm stuck on mine as I can't work out how to finish him with my skill set :furious: 

Nice to find people attacking the box set

Thanks! The box set is awesome as a base, but it needs some FW upgrades for most Legions imo^^

I'm truly surprised Samus isn't next, he's cuter than the crushers?

He is buuuut ... I still try to fulfill my Call of Chaos Oath (or otherwise I'll get turned into a Fleshhound by the Captain ...)

Samus... is here? Looking forward to this a lot, but also to the BaC box contents!

Thanks! Probably going to make the Word Bearers first, just need to figure out what to do with the runes (since i want to go with the metallic red scheme from FW)

I haven't seen the transfer sheet yet, what colour are the runes?

If black then you are sorted. WB done in a leadbelcher/ black mix, then highlight up to runefang. Apply runes and then spray the tamiya clear. The runes are visible and you get the metallic red with highlights at the same time. Mybe edge highlight the armour and the runes with some silver and voila, done :)

Your Khornate daemons are looking great btw

I haven't seen the transfer sheet yet, what colour are the runes?

If black then you are sorted. WB done in a leadbelcher/ black mix, then highlight up to runefang. Apply runes and then spray the tamiya clear. The runes are visible and you get the metallic red with highlights at the same time. Mybe edge highlight the armour and the runes with some silver and voila, done :smile.:

Your Khornate daemons are looking great btw

Thanks Dantay :)

I'll probably either use the FW scheme, or a similiar one, exchanging the Tamiya red with Schmincke brilliant red:

WORD BEARERS Red

1. THE MODELS WERE UNDERCOATED WITH GW BLACK SPRAY

2. THE MODELS WERE DRY BRUSHED WITH RUB AND BUFF PEWTER, BRINGING THE BLACK UNDERCOAT UPTO A SILVER COLOUR.

3. AIRBRUSH ONE COAT OF CARRABOURG CRIMSON

4. AIRBRUSH 3 THINNED COATS OF TAMIYA CLEAR RED

5. AIRBRUSH 1 COAT OF CARRABOURG CRIMSON

6. SILVER – BASECOAT WITH LEADBELCHER

7. WASH WITH NULN OIL

8. HIGHLIGHT WITH LEADBELCHER IN STRIKING MOTIONS TO CREATED CHIPPED AND WEATHER APPEARANCE

9. HIGHLIGHT WITH IRONBREAKER

10. BRASS – BASECOAT WITH RUNELORD BRASS

11. WASH WITH AGRAX EARTHSHADE

12. HIGHLIGHT WITH RUNELORD BRASS IN STRIKING MOTIONS TO CREATE A CHIPPED AND WEATHERED APPEARANCE

The transfers aren't my problem, but the physical runes on FW's models - but yeah, i want to go with black, just not sure if it looks good enough ^,^

There's also the more recent FW scheme they've been using. It seems to just use their airbrush paints, and they do an orange/yellow in the runes that makes them kind of look like they're glowing (and matches the Ashen Circle dude in Tempest). It's been on Zardu's slaves and more recently one of the painted up Leviathans.

I can't tell which one I like more, the flat crimson with the airbrush paints or the older metallic crimson, as they both look great. I'm personally leaning towards metallic crimson as you are, but I also want to do the Thousand Sons in a metallic candy apple red when they get released and I'd like the armies to stand out against each other more... It's a tough call

There's also the more recent FW scheme they've been using. It seems to just use their airbrush paints, and they do an orange/yellow in the runes that makes them kind of look like they're glowing (and matches the Ashen Circle dude in Tempest). It's been on Zardu's slaves and more recently one of the painted up Leviathans.

I can't tell which one I like more, the flat crimson with the airbrush paints or the older metallic crimson, as they both look great. I'm personally leaning towards metallic crimson as you are, but I also want to do the Thousand Sons in a metallic candy apple red when they get released and I'd like the armies to stand out against each other more... It's a tough call

Yeah, metallic red is the way to go :thumbsup:

For Thousand Sons red vs Word Bearers red, you should check out my MotL models for both:

gallery_79873_10425_5045.jpg

gallery_79873_10425_31578.jpg

gallery_79873_10425_45499.jpg

you see, I went with a more strawberry tone instead of the darker gore-red^^

Have t looked in a month and a half and you've produced some cracking models. The daemons are really nice.m, I'm looking forward to seeing Samus. And where's the knight you teesed a while back?

Thanks! The Knight(s - I have three here!) are planned to be painted alongside my Ultramarines :smile.:

An interesting idea for runes would be to use Nihilak Oxide or equivalent and to paint them that way. A nice light-blue on red contrast.

Well, the problem is the metallic red is pretty choosy, and Nihilak Oxide is a paint that dislikes mistakes ^^ also, not sure if I want the runes to be that flashy (atleast on normal dudes)

These artworks pretty much show what i want to achieve:

med_gallery_79873_11473_274892.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_1004.jpg

Another thing to decide - which chapter?

Edited by Atia

I think the Chapter of the unspeaking are wicked.

If cute is what youre looking for, look no further than the Unspeaking's leader Zardu Layak:

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/Crimson_Apostle.jpg

Plus, Zardu Layak and his blade slaves would be a nice tie in with your daemon forces.

I think the Chapter of the unspeaking are wicked.

If cute is what youre looking for, look no further than the Unspeaking's leader Zardu Layak:

Hidden Content
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/Crimson_Apostle.jpg

Plus, Zardu Layak and his blade slaves would be a nice tie in with your daemon forces.

True, and Zardu Layak is already on my shopping list ^.^

Looking at the transfers, I'm considering either the Unspeaking, Graven Star - or the Serrated Sun (:wub.: Aaron!)

med_gallery_79873_11473_135995.jpg

Paint the runes in then use some Tamiya liquid mask over the runes to protect them while you paint?

reading through Tempest again, it seems text is always white, runes are either black, gold, or white

I've already cast my vote so my next comment will be geared towards your previously finished models.

The Bloodcrushers are a thing of beauty, the gradient red to black looks wicked on what could be some of my favorite models as well. The paint on the Bloodletters is great as well an excellent red and I love the horns!....now if only I didn't hate the Bloodletter models..... (though this is obviously no fault of your own)

Howdy Guys and Girls :)

It is decided - the Chapter of the Graven Star shall bring death and destruction about Calth and beyond! Big thanks @ everyone who helped me with this :)

Word Bearers Legion - The Chapter of the Graven Star

med_gallery_79873_10492_152479.jpg

The Chapter of the Graven Star is recorded as operating in strength at the Betrayal at Calth, and it was noted that his chapter had made a speciality of boarding actions and gunship-carried assaults, which may have been a tactical expediency of Lorgar's battle plan.
Of all the chapters of the Word Bearers Legion, the Graven Star was known to field the highest number of armoured units. Aggressive use of these had led the chapter to many victories in the Great Crusade, for which it also acquired a reputation for ruthless efficiency on the attack, and bloody-minded stubborness in defence.
They were known to have largely retreated from the planet's surface during the final hours of the war, and would go on to further infamy in the Shadow Crusade ...

med_gallery_79873_10492_262638.jpg

I've already cast my vote so my next comment will be geared towards your previously finished models.

The Bloodcrushers are a thing of beauty, the gradient red to black looks wicked on what could be some of my favorite models as well. The paint on the Bloodletters is great as well an excellent red and I love the horns!....now if only I didn't hate the Bloodletter models..... (though this is obviously no fault of your own)

Thanks Black_out!

What do you dislike about the Bloodletters? They are pretty cool to paint, and i love the slender look :wub.:

Howdy Guys and Girls :)

It is decided - the Chapter of the Graven Star shall bring death and destruction about Calth and beyond! Big thanks @ everyone who helped me with this :)

*snip*

Thanks Black_out!

What do you dislike about the Bloodletters? They are pretty cool to paint, and i love the slender look :wub:

I'm not entirely sure! The models just never really did it for me, I do really like the swords they use though! Maybe it's the tongues lolling out of their heads? Lol.

The Bloodreaver

Spa'curt'zah'acul, Herald of Khorne

It is said that this Daemon was one of many born after a huge slave rebellion during the ancient times of old Terra - a slaughter so great, it turned a river deep red. Although the slaves fought well, they were defeated, their leader slain by a mighty warlord, six thousand men crucified and countless more butchered. Indeed, it is believed that said battle created some of the first heralds of Khorne, Tzeentch and Nurgle - an early triumph for chaos in mankind's history ...

med_gallery_79873_10492_43681.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_75164.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_126399.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_109741.jpg

Thanks Guys ^.^

Progress!!

Skull Cannon of Khorne

Sark'hazha'khark, Daemon Engine of Khorne
gallery_79873_11473_43672.jpg

There are records that speak of daemonic Skull Cannons, war machines forged in the furnaces at the foot of the Blood God's throne in the Realm of Chaos. These Daemon Engines are so murderously efficient and sinister that some believe that they have been forged by Khorne's own hand. Much like his Juggernauts, the Skull Cannons are monstrous fusions of daemonic spirit and hell-forged construct. Their twisted and clinkered forms burn with the desire to shed blood and crush bones, to exalt Khorne with every trampled foe.

Atop the Skull Cannon ride a pair of Bloodletters, howling with battlelust and chanting Khorne's praises as their armoured steed rumbles towards the enemy. These are the same daemons that oversaw the machine's creation, now charged with guiding it in furtherance of the Blood God's unholy purpose. The Skull Cannon hardly needs encouragement to maim and slay -- the daemon bound within its black heart is as wrathful and murderous as any in Khorne's service. Indeed, a Skull Cannon is more wilful and proud than the wildest of Juggernauts, and pays little heed to the snarling creatures harnessed to its mechanical glory.

As the Skull Cannon grinds across the battlefield, its spiked wheels mangle everything in its path. Those who die the instant as the engine rumbles over them can be counted the most fortunate of its victims. Others, crippled and broken are fed screaming into the Skull Cannon's gaping maw, there to be roasted by daemonic fire and ground into fragments. Most of the remains are ejected at the Skull Cannon's rear in a red wake of bone splinters and blood. Only the skulls are retained, fleshless and scorched, but otherwise whole. They are infused with the Blood God's endless and abiding wrath until their empty eye sockets weep blood and their slack jaws jibber with rage. Only then, with an echoing boom, does the Skull Cannon discharge its namesake payload from its main weapon. The skulls catch fire as they are launched, and roar with evil laughter as they fly. They slam into the enemy ranks, burning them from cover and leaving a trail of scorched and blazing dead.
gallery_79873_11473_32803.jpg
gallery_79873_11473_90926.jpg
gallery_79873_11473_61234.jpg
gallery_79873_11473_81420.jpg