Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Those robes have turned out brilliantly, nice blending. The rest of the reaver will be droll worthy too I'm sure.

thanks sheep! 

Wow the robes on the techpriest look brilliant. How'd you do that, Atia?

Have fun with the assassins, they're cool models. Do them first.  Your titan can wait.... preferably until after August 1 :wink::tongue.:  

glad you like him auggi^^ well, it's a pretty simple technique: basecoat > preshading > several thinned layers of nuln oil to get the blending > highlites^^

hmmm, let me think about it :tongue.: ...  nope, i'll do the Assassins after ETL :tongue.: (i'm not allowed to do them for the AoD forum QQ so they need to wait!)

Edited by Atia

Vipras Malaka, Legio Titanicus Tech-priest Enginseer Majoris

Tech-priest Enginseer contingents accompany the Mechanicus' mighty Titan Legions, carefully monitoring these mighty machine's systems and entreating their ancient Machine Spirits to function efficiently with rituals of placation and maintenance. In the heat of battle, the Enginseers will ease the machine's pain, performing damage control and field repair procedures, keeping their charge functional and willing to fight. The senior ranked Legio Titanicus Tech-priests are called Enginseer Majoris, and usual crew the mighties of Battle Titans - the Reaver, Warlord or Carnivores, among others. The biggest Apocalpyse class Titans, like the Emperor or Nemesis are manned by covenants of Enginseers Majoris under the command of a Magos Macrotek.

gallery_79873_10624_80009.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10624_22485.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10624_124943.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10624_137965.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10624_127887.jpg

Very nicely painted model. You've made the blue gem (?) look very good, any tips for it?

I do have one bit of critism though: Why paint such a nice model and then not do the base? Really, the resin block look doesn't work with the model at all. The colours are so flat :teehee:

Legio Fureans Princeps Thorash Ganesa

A Princeps is the senior officer in command of a Titan, and all of its other crewmen are subordinate to him. Princeps are men and women of exceptional willpower, which is required to enter a mind-link with a Titan and maintain their sanity intact amidst the roaring spirit of destruction housed within the Adamantium giants. Although Moderati are also exposed to the Machine Spirit's fury, the Princeps has to bear the full brunt of such a mental onslaught and bind the Titan to his or her will. Individuals like these are a great rarity, and one of the tasks the Collegia Titanica carries out is to discover them wherever they can be found, in either the Cult Mechanicus and beyond, within the broader Imperial population, and train them to serve aboard the Titans. A mindlink is a very intimate connection, and the Titan and Princeps leave an imprint in each other's conciousness that causes them to both grow increasingly alike over time.

med_gallery_79873_10624_40184.jpg

gallery_79873_10624_15663.jpg

gallery_79873_10624_39584.jpg

gallery_79873_10624_55343.jpg

gallery_79873_10624_124384.jpg

gallery_79873_10624_37767.jpg

gallery_79873_10624_26056.jpg

gallery_79873_10624_94122.jpg

Tech-priest Enginseer contingents accompany the Mechanicus' mighty Titan Legions, carefully monitoring these mighty machine's systems and entreating their ancient Machine Spirits to function efficiently with rituals of placation and maintenance. In the heat of battle, the Enginseers will ease the machine's pain, performing damage control and field repair procedures, keeping their charge functional and willing to fight. The senior ranked Legio Titanicus Tech-priests are called Enginseer Majoris, and usual crew the mighties of Battle Titans - the Reaver, Warlord or Carnivores, among others. The biggest Apocalpyse class Titans, like the Emperor or Nemesis are manned by covenants of Enginseers Majoris under the command of a Magos Macrotek.

Very nicely painted model. You've made the blue gem (?) look very good, any tips for it?

I do have one bit of critism though: Why paint such a nice model and then not do the base? Really, the resin block look doesn't work with the model at all. The colours are so flat :teehee:

glad you like him jolemai! do you mean his "i-pad"?^^ it's blue, shaded from dark blue to white, and gloss varnish at the end^^ for the base - well, he's going to be part of my Titan's interior :tongue.: he doesn't need one^^

wow!

thanks DimDim <3

Edited by Atia

Tech-priest Enginseer contingents accompany the Mechanicus' mighty Titan Legions, carefully monitoring these mighty machine's systems and entreating their ancient Machine Spirits to function efficiently with rituals of placation and maintenance. In the heat of battle, the Enginseers will ease the machine's pain, performing damage control and field repair procedures, keeping their charge functional and willing to fight. The senior ranked Legio Titanicus Tech-priests are called Enginseer Majoris, and usual crew the mighties of Battle Titans - the Reaver, Warlord or Carnivores, among others. The biggest Apocalpyse class Titans, like the Emperor or Nemesis are manned by covenants of Enginseers Majoris under the command of a Magos Macrotek.

glad you like him jolemai! do you mean his "i-pad"?^^ it's blue, shaded from dark blue to white, and gloss varnish at the end^^ for the base - well, he's going to be part of my Titan's interior :tongue.: he doesn't need one^^

I thought he came with a base...you know, a rather large base, two arms, two legs, big £604.50 price tag?

^^haha @ Carlson 793's comment! 

Echho echo everyone - the interior and panels are looking fabulous!

edit: did you magnetize the void shields? That's super easy to do and will help you keep track of them during glorious BATTLE!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

• 2 weeks later...

^^haha @ Carlson 793's comment!

Echho echo everyone - the interior and panels are looking fabulous!

edit: did you magnetize the void shields? That's super easy to do and will help you keep track of them during glorious BATTLE!

thanks Auggi^^ i need to admit ... i never worked with magnets, and haven't thought about that as i glued the void shields on >.< but i'll use magnets for my Warlord, i promise it :-)

i made some progress on my Reaver - and will post some pictures later, but for now, i need to read that awesome book:

med_gallery_79873_10492_2242.jpg

if you want to see some leaks of the gorgeous art, i posted some pictures here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/307554-wwgo-hh-news-update-tempest-leaks-page-26/?p=4053485