Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Happy Krampus Day ^_^

Hope you guys and girls like him!

The Skulltaker

U'Zuhl, the Sacred Executioner, Daemonic Herald of Khorne

gallery_79873_11473_104547.jpg

It is said that when Khorne created U'Zuhl, the first thing it did was decapitate the first creature it saw, another Bloodletter, which pleased the Blood God immensely. When U'Zuhl finally took its 888th skull for Khorne, it was anointed as the Sacred Executioner of Khorne and took the title Skulltaker.

In the midst of every battle he participates in, Skulltaker seeks out the mightiest foes on the battlefield so that he may slay them himself with his serrated Hellblade. Those who flee this confrontation are cut down without remorse, while those who stand their ground usually suffer the same fate, though at a slower and far more painful pace. Skulltaker likes to take its time with foes, dismembering them limb by limb yet not taking their life until the end to prolong its pleasure in the slaughter. Only when its opponent is a limbless horror upon the ground does it offer up death, grabbing their head, intoning the eight Words of Sacrifice while it uses sorcery to wreathe the victim's head in hellfire, burning away flesh and muscle until only a bare, charred skull remains. Skulltaker then rips the skull from the body and places it within the grisly sack it carries, which contains all the other skulls it has liberated from their owners during the battle.

When Skulltaker returns to Khorne's Brass Citadel within the Realm of Chaos in the Warp, it presents its newest trophies to the Blood God. Khorne impales these skulls upon the brass spikes of his keep. The skulls of opponents who presented a particular challenge he allows Skulltaker to keep as trophies. Skulltaker then weaves them into the horrific Cloak of Skulls he wears using fleshy sinew taken from the bodies of other victims.

gallery_79873_11473_68667.jpg

gallery_79873_11473_44555.jpg

gallery_79873_11473_111727.jpg

Bloomin 'eck! It's incredible. Absolutely superb. I can't fault that Atia. Marvellous :biggrin.:

Hehe thanks ^.^

Cool skull cannon Atia. I like the area behind the front wheel with the skulls. Looks neat. :thumbsup:

:thanks:  i could play with my blood paints, was pretty fun - next time i want to try some Tamiya Clear Red too! 

You Khorne stuff is immense Atia, love your heralds (esp Skulltaker) and considering I don't like Skull Cannons, well, yours is aces.

Nice fluff as ever :cool.:

Glad you like them! Wasn't a huge fan of the Skullcannon model either, but atleast it doesn't look as bad as the Bloodthrone *shudders*

Cool Skulltaker the red on his horns look great on the black.

I have Tamiya clear red but haven't used it much. Can't wait to see what you do with it. :smile.:

Glad you like him!

I want to use the clear red for bloody threads, just need to experiment with that (probably after CoC is over ...)

Nice gribbly skull taker m'lady!

Now do some Khornate Heresy Astartes :tongue.:

Thanks Charlo ^.^

Khornate Astartes? Sure, as soon as GW releases new plastic 'zerkers xD

Little teaser on what I'm currently working, still early WIP ^^

med_gallery_79873_11473_265823.jpg

Edited by Atia

Hummmm leathery bat wings. Could it be the feared a thrice cursed spawn of Khorne?

He that stalked Vraks?

The lieutenant of the throne of Skulls?

The Guardian of the Skullthrone, the Lord of the Abyss, Khorne's eternal failure ... i mean he got beaten by Lorgar pre-ascendense ... Aaron, why do you hate FW's daemon lords? xD

Khorne's Sacred Executioner

You mean Leman Russ? :laugh.:

However well painted it may be, the skullcannon still looks dumb. And Skulltaker is trying just too hard to be as hard as Angron. :tongue.:

As hard as Angron you say? Wait ...

med_gallery_79873_11473_80386.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_115720.jpg

med_gallery_79873_11473_106178.jpg

still a LOT to do !!

Edited by Atia

Angron is an axe wielding yardi murderer... But he got owned in the first war of Armageddon by 109 grey Knights, even though he had a dozen blood thirster body guards. My money is on the other guy...

AN'GGRATH!!

Edited by Col.hertford

Angron is an axe wielding yardi murderer... But he got owned in the first war of Armageddon by 109 grey Knights, even though he had a dozen blood thirster body guards. My money is on the other guy...

AN'GGRATH!!

Angron benched pressed a warhound titan.

That is all.

Awesome stuff Atia, just keeps getting better and better :)

^ Small pedantic point,

Angron overhead squatted a Warhound Titan.

Physiologically and biomechnically that's more impressive than bench pressing it.  

Edited by Flint13

You know, now I really look forward to how you would paint Daemon Prince Angron when FW releases him.

:happy.: Good thing, Angron *should* be the first Daemon Primarch :tongue.::wink:

Oooo I love that shoulderpad. He looks cool. Not Angron cool but still cool. :smile.:

Thanks ^,^

AN'GGRATH!!

Angron benched pressed a warhound titan.

That is all.

Awesome stuff Atia, just keeps getting better and better :-)

Well, i just need to say it again and again ... read Aurelian, you will cry xD

Oh wow.

Those FW Bloodthirsters are pretty huge. Can't wait to see him come along :-D

^ Small pedantic point,

Angron overhead squatted a Warhound Titan.

Physiologically and biomechnically that's more impressive than bench pressing it.

Thanks girl! Yeah he is indeed a big boy, makes me wonder what they will do with Angron and Ka'bandha :happy.:

Seeing yours make me want to paint mine!!

Thanks Chaeron! You should do it, it's indeed an awesome model :smile.:

I see a duel coming... When he's finished, duel Angron and An'ggrath. You know you want too!

Hehe, I definitely want to make an Ang'grath vs Lorgar game once both are finished ... and send Aaron the pics and game results :tongue.:

But yeah, I could do some "what Khorne daemon is the hardest" games in the future :biggrin.:

Little update on Anggy, still a lot lot lot to do, just finished all the base-coats and working on the armour/trim atm:

med_gallery_79873_11473_75746.jpg

Edited by Atia

That would be cool, just don't fight An'ggrath and Skarbrand. Khorne wills it!

He's defininatley coming together! Can't wait too see him finished.

Hehe, true, forgot about the "Ang'grath and Skarbrand may never met" rule - gnah, guess that means they will never be on the same battlefield together Q.Q

oooooo he is going to be so special, really looking forward to seeing him done!

Thanks Midnight Runner! Armour, fur and axe are more or less done, next to do is the skin and horns :smile.:

gallery_79873_11473_204460.jpg

Edited by Atia