plasmaspam's Dark Angels - ETL3 WIP

plasmaspam

I can see an empty can of chaos black spray ahead ;)

Looking forward to seeing you progress.

• 1 month later...

Progress!  Wing pair of Nephilii finished, now onto the finishing touches on the bikes.

ETL3 Nephilii pic1

ETL3 Nephilii pic2

ETL3 Nephilii pic3

I've invented a new USR for myself, "Slow and Interminable" - when the unit attempts to paint anything, roll a D6.  If the result is a number, progress will take ten times longer than expected, regardless of how simple the colour scheme may be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice work - black I find is actually quite a difficult colour to paint as you can't really shade it and highlights can make the model look washed out. You have managed to avoid that and have some very attractive models as a consequence. :)

Thanks both - appreciate the compliments!

All pics were taken with my camera's phone with not a lot of set-up. I've now invested in a decent camera, and after reading up on the tutorials elsewhere in the forum, I'm going to take some more pictures that I hope will be better and do the models more justice.

Hope you can find the time to have a look when I get the pics posted and let me know what you think.

Cheers, P.

I'm not sure how I managed to overlook this thread before now. Those are some groovy land speeders. I really like the icons on the front, and the darkshroud conversion. :tu:

Very nice!  I love your techmarine.

i'm pleased with the end result, but credit for the STC belongs to @Elmo9141, see his original work here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/260687-elmos-seemingly-constant-wip-etliii/?p=3412995

@Cactus - thanks!  my idea for the icons was an identifier across all five speeders as a squadron marking, turned out well I think.  The Darkshroud as well was very much a "hit and hope" effort.  I wasn't keen on the original model, but knew I wanted one, so really just started chopping away at two speeders with the idea of achieving a decent cut and shut.  I went for the servitor as I thought it made in-universe sense having something mind-wiped and ignorant sitting at the centre of a warp field.  The inclusion of Chronus was really a last minute thing, just decided he would make a good squad sergeant-type.

Archived