Full disclosure: Ace is currently having computer problems. As such, I have edited his post on the final battle because he cannot at the moment - I ran an edited version by him a few days ago and he green-lit an edit of his own post. If any of you wish to re-read the story, then more power to you. I believe, in total, I may have added an extra seven hundred words to the tract.

• 6 months later...

For some unfathomable reason, I've had the sudden urge to crack on with the EWC's conclusion, which is something I haven't touched for months. In the middle of orchestrating the Iron Gauntlet, too. Isn't it strange? But let's not lament productivity. 

There's a couple of things I'd like to talk about or maybe even ask some of you to provide content for. 

First of all on a bright note, I had a little epiphany today - I now suddenly have a zip-lock bag with bits to make a Doomsayer Deathwatch marine. Yay for me. It's only because I found the right legs for him. I'm now scratching about for bits to do others (like a Conflagrator, for example). No promises on where this particular distraction takes me. :wink:

Second, would anyone care to exercise their writing talents and describe the destruction of the Sons of Calderon? I'd prefer it if Conn took the wheel as they're his baby after all but any volunteers would be welcome. 

Lastly, I'm having a devil of a time finding which write-ups go in the second wave. At the moment the third wave is definitely accounted for and I have quite a few links for the stuff in the first wave. But the second? I have three links at the moment. Just three. Tonagish, Venet and the second battle for Evin Prime. There's was definitely more than three last time I looked... If anyone can help with that, then I'd be grateful. Oh, and I've added one in on behalf of the Sereiki Lions (Zavatista).

Second, would anyone care to exercise their writing talents and describe the destruction of the Sons of Calderon? I'd prefer it if Conn took the wheel as they're his baby after all but any volunteers would be welcome.

The original intent was for there to be nothing written on the Sons' destruction itself, only the unreliable narratives of those who ultimately fail to find or understand.

Lastly, I'm having a devil of a time finding which write-ups go in the second wave. At the moment the third wave is definitely accounted for and I have quite a few links for the stuff in the first wave. But the second? I have three links at the moment. Just three. Tonagish, Venet and the second battle for Evin Prime. There's was definitely more than three last time I looked... If anyone can help with that, then I'd be grateful. Oh, and I've added one in on behalf of the Sereiki Lions (Zavatista).

I'm not sure the links, but the assignments I have notes showing completed are Cenicika, Tonagish, and Zyngeith. Incomplete assignments are Evin Prime, Venet and Andalus.

Maybe that'all help you search the thread.

Much obliged, brother. Also, fair enough on the Sons. Maybe I can do an excerpt from a memoir or something. I'll make it an unreliable source, of course. 

The first battle for Evin Prime has an end piece from an admiral's account of the second battle, if you want to take a look at it.

One thing that would be good to have is a look on their history up to that point. The original leadership, as the forgers of brotherhood between the varied Chapters. The Lords Inviolate may rise to primacy thanks to their talents in macro-coordination of multi-theatre campaigns (thank you, Inferno), but the Sons of Calderon were first granted it and within only two centuries fully earned it.

But a deeper look into the events of Evin Prime is good too. Either as an expansion of the account I gave or an alternative.

Liber Cluster, might I inquire about constructing a 6 man Devastator Squad? Do I need to make small entries for each character or could I just roll it into one?

Secondly, I wouldn't mind being apart of an active Chapter currently engaged somewhere... So if anyone is looking for a Devastator Squad, I'm your man. If not I'll probably grab up on the Eagles or Blackjaw, not sure which, yet.

Liber Cluster, might I inquire about constructing a 6 man Devastator Squad? Do I need to make small entries for each character or could I just roll it into one?

Secondly, I wouldn't mind being apart of an active Chapter currently engaged somewhere... So if anyone is looking for a Devastator Squad, I'm your man. If not I'll probably grab up on the Eagles or Blackjaw, not sure which, yet.

If you fancy making some models based on one or several of the Chapters in the Cluster, then by all means go right ahead brother. 

As for active Chapters... there's one or two that you could contribute to, in terms of writing, purely because their own authors are in absentia (and have been for quite some time). Be advised, as with much of the work in the Liber, the efforts on the Liber Cluster are primarily written rather than modelled. Models would be a nice contribution, though, if you wish to do that instead and probably would make the Frater who made the Chapter proud.  

Part of me wants to reply to threads yet I keep going through all the Liber Cluster pages. My god, the Sereiki Lions overview and that colossal battle Debonair wrote... Well, my treacherous heart has been rekindled. I'd love to contribute to those grimy bastards, more than anything. If he's still kicking around, I wouldn't mind working out a Chaos Warband similar to how he introduced his Lions. Not their own individual but an allied force.

When and if I start getting models, I was actually leaning towards the Blackjaw or Conflagulators (Spelling?). The color schemes are glorious!

Part of me wants to reply to threads yet I keep going through all the Liber Cluster pages. My god, the Sereiki Lions overview and that colossal battle Debonair wrote... Well, my treacherous heart has been rekindled. I'd love to contribute to those grimy bastards, more than anything. If he's still kicking around, I wouldn't mind working out a Chaos Warband similar to how he introduced his Lions. Not their own individual but an allied force.

When and if I start getting models, I was actually leaning towards the Blackjaw or Conflagulators (Spelling?). The color schemes are glorious!

If you're looking to make an allied Chaos band of some sort, then we have a small variety of input so far (I believe Vesper contributed somewhat). I suggest searching the thread (very top, top right of every B&C page next to where the announcement banner is) for the word 'Chaos' and see what pops out. ;)

I also suggest reading Hyaenidae's original post on the Sereiki Lions. Very cool stuff.

Also, it's 'Conflagrators' (thank you for the compliment). ^_^

There's already so much variety, it feels like another homebrew is unnecessary. I'd rather write about a Warband who integrated into the Lions, adding their own might... Or a Liniamite's garrison skirmishing Dark Eldar Raiders.

One day I'll get models but until that day, I must satiate myself with what's within my own means... Killing too much time writing nonsense for the sake of nonsense. Hehe

There's already so much variety, it feels like another homebrew is unnecessary. I'd rather write about a Warband who integrated into the Lions, adding their own might... 

Here's a link to, currently, the one documented warband that (briefly) fought under the banner of the Lions, The Untaken. I could say I'm showing it to you for inspiration but we all know I'm a sucker for attention. :lol:

Conflagrators have no shame. :P

Clearly. :p

Regardless, it warms my heart to see blood, new and old, taking an interest and seeing the old gal exhumed from the mouldering crypts of inactive threads, to be returned to her rightful place in the sun. I'd be more than happy to take up the reins of His Imperial Majesty's Scarlet Sentinels once again, not to mention finally write up that Cluster Deathwatch story I talked about before, Kill-Team [iNSERT NAME HERE] will have their day!

Read the Untaken, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's mildly amusing that I'm utterly and totally against Loyalist Chapters having Star Fortresses. There's absolutely no plausible explanation besides being a former Legion. (Imperial Fists) HOWEVER! When renegades and greased up barbarians are floating through the void hucking their javelins at loyalists; nothing but props and salutes from me.

The Fortress was STOLEN! Whoever commanded the fortress had a serious case of Brown Trousers before that Untaken drop kicked him out the Bridge Window. Now if only they and the Lions were mingling during that final battle. Maybe that overcompensating fleet might've balanced the scales... But enough of my bitter non-sense.

I DEMAND MORE TRAITOR PAGES!... Please.

I'm glad you liked it, brother. Also... I had never actually considered exactly where and how the Untaken got that starfort. Obviously, they stole it. But from who? :happy.:

• 2 weeks later...

They stole it from someone who obviously had no right commanding it... Either that, or carved it out of a Space Hulk infested with Gene-Stealers. Personally, both of those have ample opportunity for muffing everything up. I personally enjoy the idea the Imperium was so incompetent, their painstaking bureaucracy grinding through distress signals, they just never got around to sending reinforcements to the besieged fortress. A solid four-five years later, after the signal was bumped up the list, it's long gone.

Probably a little silly yet all too plausible. Hehe

Also, do you have links to the other traitor pages? I like to leave tabs open to I can read through them when I'm home.

If you mean Chaos-affiliated traitors, then these links should help:

The battle for Colvin Majoris (You'll find much of the rest of the posts related to this if you search for the word 'Colvin' in this thread)

Lord Sero and his warband, by Vesper (with extra stuff here, here and here)

s'Sephon Ixava, also by Vesper

This post by Tiberius Cato is also worth a look

Ba'adike by Conn Eremon

Brother Maynarr by me

Renegades of the Tempest by me

The Wartorn by incinerator950

I'd also suggest searching for the Angels Exultant, as they were one of the group's stable of Liber Chapters that ended up falling to Chaos. Here's their original entry into the Cluster project.

As for non-Chaos stuff, I think we were limited to the Untaken and the Sereiki Lions, really. For reference, here's the original post for the Lions by the incomparable and talented Hyaenidae (fka 1000heathens). Sadly, he's been off the grid since last October. 

The Sereiki Lions and Untaken are my favorite Homebrews, traitor wise. The Void Brotherhood (PHRAKMAAAAAAAT!) and the Impalers have to be their loyalist counter parts... In my own little head, anyways.

Yesterday I re-read that glorious last battle with the Sereiki Lions and the overview pages of the Lions and Untaken... Part of me feels like I'm depriving myself by procrastinating on the others. Heh

Do you know the pages where all the main operations transpire? I don't need them immediately or anything but they're fun to read. That, and when/if the Liber cluster revives, it'd be nice to know the history before diving in.

Do you know the pages where all the main operations transpire? I don't need them immediately or anything but they're fun to read. That, and when/if the Liber cluster revives, it'd be nice to know the history before diving in.

Those will be included in my conclusion post when I eventually get around to posting it, brother. :)

Brief update: I have edited my Conflagrators post after having plugged it in Kastor Krieg's thread for those that abhor witches. The layout has been tarted up and information added from elsewhere in this thread. It looks a little bit more like a proper IA now but there's much to be done still. And, seeing as this is a community project, if anyone has a good idea for the Conflagrators, let us know. :tu:

• 1 month later...

OLIS! CONN! 

YOU FILTHY BETRAYERS! HOW? HOW COULD YOU BOTH DO THIS?!  

http://pre03.deviantart.net/9f67/th/pre/f/2017/120/3/4/chapters_of_the_liber_cluster_by_blazbaros-db7ns0m.png

HOW COULD YOU BOTH COMMISSION THIS MASTERPIECE AND NOT TELL ME?!?!

:tongue.: 

(But seriously how did you not mention this?!)

Archived