Yeah i will post my full list, batreps and other remarks when i get home tomorrow. Right now i have no wifi (hotel charges $18 per day, :cuss?!?!?)

Yeah I hate that hotels do that. That's part of the incentive to be a "rewards" member where you get the free wifi.

Excited to hear about your experiences. I hope I get to do some cool stuff like that some day where I get to meet fraters and partake in 40k.

Did you two at least get to enjoy a pint together?

Unfortunately not since I left kinda early. I just decide to go last minute this year. I'm planning in attending next year and playing in the tournament. Hopefully we and any other fraters will meet up again next year.

Planning to play my first game in over a year.

My usual opponent has finally agreed to start houseruling stuff for BA so that it makes our games more fun and competitive. So far we tweaked Forlorn Fury to allow usage with Rhinos and Razorbacks and brought the JP tactic back down to the original 1CP cost. We'll play the game and see what other things we can do to make the BA more mobile which I think will make them a greater threat and lead to better games.

Wish me luck!

As an update:

Forlorn Fury: same but includes squads in rhinos and razorbacks

Upon Wings of Fire: changed to 1 CP

Lucifer-Pattern Engines: added 3 CP option to select 2 vehicles

Tried to convince him of a 3CP option for 2 squads for UWoF but that didnt...fly ;)

At least not for this game!

I will be facing off against his EC and we will be using the most recent beta rules of no DS on turn 1

Back from Pax Unplugged. What a blast.

For those who were asking, here is my list:

Blood Angel Battalion

Capt Smash:  Thammer, Sshield, Artisan of War, Angel's Wing.

Libby Dread: Meltagun, Furioso Fist/Halberd, Smite, Quickening, Wings of Sanguinius

5 Tacs: Power Fist

5 Tacs: Power Fist, C-Plas

8 Scouts: Power Sword

Termie Ancient: Lt Claw, Banner of Sacrifice

Razorback: TwAssCannon, StBolter

Razorback: TwAssCannon, StBolter

Stormraven: 2x Hurricane, 2x Lascannon, 2x SStrike Missiles, Twin Heavy Bolter

Imperial Knight Lance

Armiger Warglaive: Heavy Stubber

Armiger Helverin: Heavy Stubber

Knight Errant: Ironstorm Rocket Pod, Thermal Cannon, Reaper Chainsword, Heavy Stubber.  Mark of Omnissiah, Ion Bulwark

All knights, house Raven

Command Points: 11 (8 starting; -1 for extra BA relic, -1 for extra IK relic, -1 for IK warlord trait)

Opponent's Lists:

Game 1: Ryan; CWE, combined Alataoic and Ulthwé

1 Farseer

1 Autarch

1 Phoenix Lord Maugan Ra (who I had never seen in play prior to today)

1x10 Guardians

2x5 Guardian

1x5 Dire Avengers

2x5 Rangers

2x5 Dark Reapers

3 Wave Serpents

1 Fire Prism

1 Crimson Hunter

Not much to say about this game.  My opponent seized initiative, but I had deployed in such a way to make one of his dark reaper squads have limited options.  The map was the one with an open 18" diameter circle in the middle, and each army in opposite table quarters.  My opponent was fairly inexperienced, as he tried to move a Wave Serpent and then disembark; I had to remind him that disembarking didn't work like that, at which point he asked for a tournament organizer and consulted the rulebook. He offically conceded on turn 3, then the TA told him that was generally frowned upon, at which point he unofficially conceded but we did points, I beat him 18-5, but I would have tabled him in turn 4, or by latest turn 5. 

Game 2: Garrett; Imperial Knight Lance + IG Patrol

2x Knight Paladins (heavy stubber, reaper chainsword, battle cannon)

1x Knight Dominus (harpoon, triple flamer, shieldbreakers, battle cannons)

1x Knight Acherus (double chainsword and heavy flamer gun)

House Taranis

1x10 naked infantry

1 company commander with a boltgun

Tabled turn 5, 18-5 Victory to Blood Angels.

Game 3 vs. Steve, Necron Nihilakh Outrider + Superheavy Detachment

Lord with Warscythe

3x5 Canoptek Scarabs

1 C'tan Shard of Deceiver

3x Tesseract Vault

Oh Lord.  You know it's going to be "that kind" of game/opponent when someone brings 3 Tesseract Vaults, and Steve didn't disappoint.  I'll post more details tomorrow, but Steve got tabled on Turn 6 and Blood Angels won 16-8, I believe was final score.

I took 2nd place to a well-played Sisters list (i don't know the army comp he had, but lots of infantry with a Knight Dominus back him up.) that beat me out by a couple battle points.

Finished assembling a kill team.  

Lieutenant w/power sword

Sanguinary Priest (primaris conversion)

Sergeant w/chainsword 

Intercessor w/aux launcher

Intercessor

Looking forward to seeing some pics/WIPs once you've uploaded them :)

Tied 8-8 with a Kraken 1500 list Yesterday. Man, those bugs are fast!!!

Only 3 rounds were played due to time limits. I would have tabled my opponent if we would play through to round 5.

I had: SlamCaptain, Lieutenant, 2xScouts, Intercessors, Aggressors, 2xDevs, CompAncient, Assback, Stormtalon and Stormraven.

My opponent had 2xShooty Flyrants, Old One-eye, Swarmlord, 2xGenstealer blobs, 3xRipper Swarms.

Stormraven whiffed most of it's shoiting throughout the game. Banner of Sacrifice did absolute wonders on the other hand.

Edited by Majkhel

Tied 8-8 with a Kraken 1500 list Yesterday. Man, those bugs are fast!!!

Only 3 rounds were played due to time limits. I would have tabled my opponent if we would play through to round 5.

I had: SlamCaptain, Lieutenant, 2xScouts, Intercessors, Aggressors, 2xDevs, CompAncient, Assback, Stormtalon and Stormraven.

My opponent had 2xShooty Flyrants, Old One-eye, Swarmlord, 2xGenstealer blobs, 3xRipper Swarms.

Stormraven whiffed most of it's shoiting throughout the game. Banner of Sacrifice did absolute wonders on the other hand.

For whatever reason some nid players think genestealers are the way to go. They aren't. That list at 1500 isn't very efficient. I cant believe he didn't field an Exocrine or nuerothropes.

Good game Majkhel! That's awesome.

Lost my 2000 point game last night with the house rules mentionned before. Had to concede by turn 2.

But overall it was fun and showed that a few tweaks can help BA. Just have to find the right ones and make sure that those units do the jobs assigned to them.

Highlights: MSU squads with lascannons being babysat by a priest warlord with the auto morale WT are very useful! Might want to combine them with other JP characters so that they can be deadly on turn 1 and then UWoF those characters to other units in later turns.

Need to remember that SG with power fists near that same priest warlord can attack twice for a measly 2 CP...could have killed his buffed up DP warlord and turned the tide with that one.

DC are underwhelming. I wish i didnt say that but they are.

For the next game, going to suggest some tweaks to units to make them a little more threatening. If you have any ideas i would love to hear them!

-DR

I'd like to know your list and your opponent's list please.

Sure thing Reclusiarch!

My list:

2 battalions

Jump captain with relic blade, relic jp

Stock chaplain

Stock lieutenant

Sanguinary priest with jp, VV, warlord trait that allows units within 6 inches to automatically pass morale

2 stock msu scout squads

4 msu tactical squads with lascanons

Rhino with 8 dc all power swords

5 man sanguinary guard with power fists

Razorback with tllc

2 baal preds full dakka

Dread with tllc and tlac

2 msu assault squads for late objective grabbing

His list:

2 6 man EC shooty squads(all sonics)

1 6 man EC CC squad in a rhino

Posessed squad in rhino

Posessed raptors

DP with relic and wl trait to make it a cc monster

Full las predator

Defiler with lascannon

Hellbrute with plasma

Plasma termies for double shooting fun

I think i got it all down!

-DR

So why did you concede at the end of T2? What am I missing that makes his list so hard to overcome? wrt your list, there are a few suggestions that could improve it which (imo) would eliminate the need to houserule things.

So why did you concede at the end of T2? What am I missing that makes his list so hard to overcome? wrt your list, there are a few suggestions that could improve it which (imo) would eliminate the need to houserule things.

Well by turn 2 the DC, SG, both Baals,both scout squads were wiped out.

And he still hadnt used his termies from DS yet. And he had lost a rhino. Thats it.

I see.

I guess he went first? How was deployment? What else do you have in your collection? What combos was he pulling off? Did you start your SG on the board?

I know you're not a fan of the autopsy route, but there is something awry and we need to work out what it is before we can tweak the list and the tactics. FWIW I run a similar list at 2k which may have some ideas for you :)

I see.

I guess he went first? How was deployment? What else do you have in your collection? What combos was he pulling off? Did you start your SG on the board?

I know you're not a fan of the autopsy route, but there is something awry and we need to work out what it is before we can tweak the list and the tactics. FWIW I run a similar list at 2k which may have some ideas for you :)

Actually no. I stole the initiative and went first.

Moved up dc rhino through FF(house rule) and both baals through OE(house rule) to put pressure on him. Shot all the lascannons at appropriate targets. Took some wounds off but nothing died.

Decided to keep 1 of his rhinos and the dread occupied with my scouts. Worked with the rhino failed hard with the dread. He got first blood.

His turn 1 was painful as it mostly always is. 1 baal blow to bits by the pred, the other taken down to 4 wounds by the daemon forged defiler shooting it. My rhino being torn apart by various units shooting it and the DP smiting it and finally having the DP charge it along with the posessed raptors. Boom. DC, chap and lieut disembarked and got consolidated into by the DP.

More shooting from me from the lascanons. One rhino died to this. UWoF on the priest and DS from the SG to gang up on the DP. All that effort resulted in it still having 5 wounds. His reply wipes the SG.

His turn 2 wins him the game as he full on charges my forward forces and wipes them(aside for the characters as they were outside the cc bubble) including the baal being torn apart by the defiler.

So i was staring down a slow but undauted army that i could not push against. He could chose to consolidate the objectives or obliterate me. Either way he was winning so i conceaded.

Sounds to me like a serious lack of LoS blocking terrain?

Battlefield had lots of it. But i need LoS for my lascannons as much as he does. So we end up with shooting lanes either way.

The set up itself was the short edge zones with 24" between us.

Mission was the 4pt, 1pt and all other objectives 2 pts

He ended up with both the 4pt and 1 pt objective in his zone.

Edited by Dolchiate Remembrancer

Just to clarify, how he his DP fight twice in his first turn? The DP can only consolidate into the DC if he himself kills the Rhino in combat and even then, there's no way he can fight them (from, say, a stratagem) as they weren't the target of his charge.

Just to clarify, how he his DP fight twice in his first turn? The DP can only consolidate into the DC if he himself kills the Rhino in combat and even then, there's no way he can fight them (from, say, a stratagem) as they weren't the target of his charge.

He didnt fight twice. He fought the rhino and when it exploded and the dc left it he was less than 3 inches away from them so he consolidated into them.

I just want to thank both of you for your minds and attention.

Im not bummed out or depressed about the loss like i used to be. And im not the greatest 40k player so any help is always appreciated!

Edited by Dolchiate Remembrancer

There's definitely some optimization possible in your list, but im kinda flabbergasted how he managed to table you by turn 2. 
Looking at the list, either you angered the dice gods or something else went wrong. 
Did you focus fire the lascannons on 1 target or just split them around? 

If you want to, I (and others here) could help you out with the optimization part if you want to :yes: