B&C's Deathwatch Roster

Cpt_Reaper

So I was looking for online games of Deathwatch when I realised...trying to find a game of Deathwatch is so very hard. Everyone wants to play Dark Heresy, Only War etc. Well...we have a lot of fans of those power armoured heroes here so I thought I'd start this roster of anyone who plays Deathwatch and what they play.

If you want it, I have a pdf of the Character Sheet that has fill-able sections I can email you

So What I need you to do is in your post, write a brief description of your characters/and or if you wish to GM a session. Skype names, time zones and availability also helps. I'll link your post to this post later.

Games Masters:
- Tyear

Players:
- 11th CDM "Cappy"
- Slipstreams
- Russ Brother 92
- L33TFROG

- Growler67

- Lysere

Edited by 11th Company Dark Master

It's like apples and oranges. Myth-Weavers and other similar sites have seen Deathwatch and such... work, albeit with mixed results. It IS possible however Deathwatch and other combat focused games tend to suffer. PbP is usually superior for roleplay, at least in terms of quality and detail, but Skype/Roll20 works better just for getting combat out of the way. 

Personally, I prefer Skype for Deathwatch/Only War and PbP for the rest.

hmmm. I'd be up to joining, but I'm rather hesitant in taking the plunge since this would more or less be my first RP experience :tongue.:

That said, were I to join, I'd be available anytime every other week but on the subsequent weekdays only from ~6pm East Coast.

Edit: though, I do eat dinner with the family quite late..anywhere from 8pm to 10pm :p

Character I would play would 100% be of Imperial Fists stock (or any successor thereof) and either Assault-ish orientation or Apothecary.

...I'd also have to see about getting a skype account / remembering the acc details (if I forgot I had one) and getting my hands on the rules...

Edited by Slipstreams

I'd also be inclined to sign up - have the core book plus a couple of the expansions so can do that side, have a skype acct.

I'm on GMT (what with living in London, UK and all...) :) as for character/s anything either Iron Hands based (techmarine/devastator) or Space Wolves based (assault marine/tactical) is good for me.

Would realistically be getting online from 7pm to 10pm GMT.

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to take part but I simply do not have the time right now. I've got most of the expansions and plenty of characters already designed but no time. If that changes I'll be sure to mention it.

Updated post 1.

I myself am having my first game (insert squeeeeee here) this friday. I post up a report on how it went for fellow recent inductees into the Deathwatch, and for the veterans to have a right laugh at.

Oh boy...that was awesome.

So the Angels of Shadow Librarian Vindician (myself), an Imperial Fist Devastator who only mentioned his name once (Matt) and an as-yet-unnamed Apothecary from the Shadow Moon chapter (Jordan). I'll just give a overview of what happened.

- Sent to investigate ship that broke quarantine for possible genestealers

- go to bridge, no power
- find engineseer...nearly shot Jordan
- make engineseer turn on power
- return to bridge. No longer alone
- grab nav data, leave. melta bomb on door as boobytrap. First kill(s) to me
- time to return to thunderhawk. Odd feeling in my brain
- genestealer swipes at Jordans arm. I shoot it dead.

- hear noises of things. Jordan screams in rage to scare them off (rolled a 01 for intimidate)...it doesn't work on them
- SO MANY THINGS
- throw frag grenade...hit something
- keep running, now carrying engineseer (known as little man)
- Devastator catches up, Apothecary caught by...OH GOD EMPEROR IT'S THE BROODLORD (transfixing gaze or something)
- I keep running, devastator shoots at broodlord, hits Apothecary and knocks him over. At least he broke the gaze.

- brief skirmish, Apothecary gets away (wounded) Devastator takes on broodlord
- more running. Get to last T-intersection. Cast Avenger to the right at Unfettered...realise it's a heavy flamer. The right is now clear. Run left to Thunderhawk.
- devastator nearly bites it by broodlord...then places a bolt into the beast's throat
- I open airlock. Nearly dead Devastator is sucked towards us
- he gets up, runs the last few dozen meters as pressure is normalised by docking t-hawk. chased by one last 'stealer
- I shoot. Bolter jams. Given apothecaray's bolter. JAMS. Use my bolt pistol-JAMS. Draws force sword...genestealer behaded by angry Apothecary with a combat blade.
- on T-hawk...beaten, bloody, missing an eye and ear (devastator) but alive. Mission success...compromised vessel blown up by security ships. Back to our ship to heal and prepare for the next mission

Finished part 2 of the prologue ;n;

What we gained:

- currently un-named Black Templar Techmarine (Pete. Also very new to 40k)

What we had to do:

- go to planet

- seek out genestealer hive

- plant 3 bombs

- exit

- kill lictors of we find them

What we did:

- kill 2 lictors

- explode the hive (nearly killing myself and the Devastator (his name is Hiltz...He only ever said it once)

The Apothecary...he did not survive. He blew himself up wit stall the swarm, which set off one of the explosives we set.

• 2 weeks later...