Fighting your army would be fun. It would be like playing in 4th edition again. Kind of makes me want to build an army like that. 

First off, thank you for the compliment! Second, as I started playing toward the end of third, and played more games during 4th edition than any other edition, I have no doubt that the 3rd/4th editions loom large in my mind when putting together an army, even if I'm not aware of it. And if rumors are true that seem to indicate 8th edition will be a bit of a throwback to simpler times, perhaps you'll get the chance to build such an army. :wink:

Well, as I feared, I should have pledged another unit to Call of Chaos. So, I was able to complete my other Maulerfiend the other day, with still a month left during the challenge. Oh well, burned too many times made me too cautious. But that aside, here come the pics:

First Maulerfiend, completed, front

First Maulerfiend, completed, profile

First Maulerfiend, completed, rear

First Maulerfiend, completed, side

This one cause me some grief. After shading with Nuln Oil, I made some brush mistakes on the gold highlights and ended up having to do some clean up. After applying the base color, then the shade again, that created a patch on the armor plate of a different tint. So I had to go back and do the whole thing. That took more time then I expected. Still, painting for this model went relatively fast and I'm glad to have the two Maulerfiends added to my army. 

Next up, I'm working on a Skull Cannon which is one of the units for summoning with my Khorne Daemonkin. Can I finish that one before Dec. 15 as well? We'll see. :cool.:

• 1 year later...

Well, it's been a while since I posted in here. Since I'm taking part in this year's ETL, I'm going to post progress reports on my vow(s) here. The first part of my first vow is a squad of Plague Marines. I'm painting them in the same scheme I've used for my old metal Plague Marines. I've got them pretty well along:

Plague Marine squad with highlights

I'm going to base and varnish them, which will finish things up. Hopefully that shouldn't take too long. My other two units in this vow are a Chaos Spawn and a Lord of Contagion. I'll be posting my progress on them as I work on them. 

Cheers!

I've been able to complete my squad of Plague Marines, the first part of my vow for ETL. The Plague Marines came out pretty well, and I think I became a little more skilled on doing the guts and the antlers while working through these guys.

Plague Marine, 2nd squad completed

I've got just a couple more models to do to complete the vow, so I'm confident I will be able to complete this year's vow. I'll post up more pictures as I have them.

• 1 month later...

Wooo boy! Cutting it extremely close here, but I've had ever so slow progress on these two over the past month. That's been thanks to... a number of things.

Lord of Contagion and Nurgle Chaos Spawn, midway through

One more wash on the Spawn before I think it's ready for highlights. Luckily, I'm using Duncan's method to paint the Lord of Contagion, so that cuts out any "thinking" and "deciding" time. 

Anyway, no more excuses. Time to sprint to the finish!

Archived