+++Call of Chaos VII+++

Captain Semper

I made a tutorial for creating flayed skin (or parchment) nailed to armour, which might come in handy for any Noise Marines, Khorne Berzerkers, Night Lords, Word Bearers or any other suitable evil Chaos Space Marines.

Here's the link to the tutorial.

Hope it's of help :tu:

OK, here's the first WIP shots of my first entry, the Eight-Legged Lord of Skulls. Wish me luck.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zps28f78bb3.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpsd356ab72.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zps7a21ebd5.jpg

Edit: Apologies for the dreadful picture quality. Only saw this when it was already too late. Ouch! sad.png Way, WAY, WAAAAY better pictures but without gun muzzles, base or flayed skin here.

I made a tutorial for creating flayed skin (or parchment) nailed to armour, which might come in handy for any Noise Marines, Khorne Berzerkers, Night Lords, Word Bearers or any other suitable evil Chaos Space Marines.

Here's the link to the tutorial.

Hope it's of help :tu:

Link Will be added to the Chaos Resources thread when I update it next :tu:

Capt. Semper....I would like to modify my vows.

Instead of my original vows, I offer:

4 marines dedicated to Father Nurgle, armed with bolters (primary weapon), pistols and knives [have 6 so far]

3 Word Bearer marines armed with bolters [have 7 so  far]

2 Word Bearer marines armed with pistols and chainswords [have 5 so far]

2 generic Khorne marines armed with pistol and chainsword (one of these is an unbuilt marine from a previous squad) [have 5 so far]

The offerings above are all legally viable, as each will be an expansion of an existing unit.

Thank you.

@ Prot...just a couple ideas.

Maybe build Squad Constantinus from the Novamarines' 4th Company? You could either do them still in their loyalist gear, just before their fall from the Emperor's grace (ie the doomed squad) or in CSM gear, possibly with hints of their old Novamarine colors still visible - though maybe want to shave off a few of the normal details since I don't think they lasted long enough for their wargear to become as warped and corrupted as some of the Traitors.

And then...there's always the Fallen. Since we can't ever decide who fell in the first place. Astelan has one take on it. "Fallen Angels" has another take that's more in line with the usual fluff from the DA codex....

Either of these could count as their respective CSM counterparts.

I DAEMONCLAW late to the party answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete

1.UNIT OF 5 warptalons

2.unit of 3 bikers

3. 3 terminators

4. a terminator lord converted in dedication to the highlord his putrescentness nurgle .

before January 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Pustulant Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!(which i think was lost to chaos a looooong time ago anyway)

4 marines dedicated to Father Nurgle, armed with bolters (primary weapon), pistols and knives [have 6 so far]

2 generic Khorne marines armed with pistol and chainsword (one of these is an unbuilt marine from a previous squad) [have 5 so far]

The offerings above are all legally viable, as each will be an expansion of an existing unit.

Thank you.

Sorry Chaos Rising, the vow should consist by one or more legal units in their own right, not add-ons to an already partially completed squad. Otherwise the "legal unit" clause is irrelevant. Furthermore, given that the awards are graded depending on completed units it'll not be fair to those who built entire squads vs. those who built just a portion of a squad. Of course you are free to show us your work as an out-of-competition entry but your official vow should consist of legal units in their own right.

As such I'll leave your original vow unchanged for the moment. Given you were under the wrong impression you can modify your original vow if you wish (please note this is an one-off as changing your vow defeats the point of having a single vow) but please make sure any changes contain legal standalone units.

Can you expand your vows if you complete it?

I'm afraid not. All you got is a single vow. Make it as big or as small as you like (consisting of legal units as stated above) but that'll be your commitment for the Call of Chaos. No further vows will be taken into account.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I'm afraid not. All you got is a single vow. Make it as big or as small as you like (consisting of legal units as stated above) but that'll be your commitment for the Call of Chaos. No further vows will be taken into account.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Apart from Newly Released items during the Call IIRC ;)

This may seem like a newbie question but how the heck do I post an image? whenever I do it it says that the extension isn't accepted. 

or try uploading in photobucket - and then pasting the lowest of the four links (seen in the upper right corner of the screen)

I've updated my WiP thread to include initial states of the models in my vow.

Question for Captain Semper: Should I post pics here, or is it okay to leave them in the WiP thread and just link? Or do you want starting and finished pics here? Just don't want to clutter up the thread with stuff I'm posting elsewhere, but glad to share here if that is what we are supposed to do.  

Thank you.

Sorry Chaos Rising, the vow should consist by one or more legal units in their own right, not add-ons to an already partially completed squad. Otherwise the "legal unit" clause is irrelevant. Furthermore, given that the awards are graded depending on completed units it'll not be fair to those who built entire squads vs. those who built just a portion of a squad. Of course you are free to show us your work as an out-of-competition entry but your official vow should consist of legal units in their own right.

As such I'll leave your original vow unchanged for the moment. Given you were under the wrong impression you can modify your original vow if you wish (please note this is an one-off as changing your vow defeats the point of having a single vow) but please make sure any changes contain legal standalone units.

In that case, I will go back to my original vow, but with a minor change (see...I play by the rules of Chaos.)

So...instead of 2x 5-man Nurgle squads, I will do

5 Word Bearers (3 with bolters, 2 with chainsword & bolt pistol)

5 Nurgle Marines (4 with bolters, 1 with an icon or a weapon upgrade - haven't decided which yet)

I, Fatespinner, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete ONE Chaos Space Marine Heldrake before January 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Pustulant Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

I, Hellrender, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete the following five units of Chaos:

• 5 Siege Breakers (count as Plague Marines)

• 1 Chaos Decimator Engine

• 1 Maulerfiend

• 1 Chaos Vindicator

• 1 Chaos Rhino

I vow to complete these units in the name of the Ruinous powers on, or before January 15, 2015. Should I succeed, I will bear the mark of Pestilent Glory along the path of ruin. Failure is not an option. My deeds shall be recorded here, that the galaxy might weep at the horrors to come... 

Glory to Perturabo, the IV Legion and Chaos!

Ok here's the vow I made, minus a few things mentioned below. 

10710863_778156165577076_259589015082643

Was going to repaint an old unit of Plague Marines, decided to build a new one instead, so that leaves me with the Plague Marines and Glottkin Great Unclean One to buy, build and paint

Update 1 on the Maulerfiend

Chaos area

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/242456-iron-warriors-5th-grand-company-army-log/?p=3846301

Forge area

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/242006-iron-warriors-5th-grand-company-re-born-army-log/?p=3846297

Should start painting the model tomorrow & hopeful finish by the weekend.

IP

I, sishuttleworth, answer the Call of Chaos, and vow to complete:

* Chaos space marine squad (7 marines)

* Chaos bike squad (3 bikers)

* Chaos Lord

before January 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Pustulant Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail, I will receive the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

WIP log will be here: www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/298574-sishuttleworths-call-of-chaos-wip/

Archived