+++Call of Chaos VII+++

Captain Semper

So I finished my 10 pink horrors

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/teku_01/DSCN2203_zpsa9e2769f.jpg

Up next are my Herald of Tzeentch on a Disk and my 10 daemonettes with icon and instrument.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/teku_01/DSCN2204_zpsf00e3d84.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/teku_01/DSCN2205_zpsc54acb43.jpg

Captain Semper, I have a question: one of the prerequisites of completion is to post pictures of the completed units in our vows into this thread: one pic of the WIP and one of the completed unit. Will you be posting links to both of these posts behind every unit listed in the second post in this thread, like you did in the previous edition? I loved the easy browsing that this kind of recording offered! :tu: Cheers mate! 

Captain Semper, I have a question: one of the prerequisites of completion is to post pictures of the completed units in our vows into this thread: one pic of the WIP and one of the completed unit. Will you be posting links to both of these posts behind every unit listed in the second post in this thread, like you did in the previous edition? I loved the easy browsing that this kind of recording offered! thumbsup.gif Cheers mate!

I know... rolleyes.gif

I'll try to fix this in the weekend. The problem is that many frater post links to their WIP threads (which is totally fine) but it means that I have to go and fish all the pics out and make direct links... But I'll get down to it. Right now I have the links of the original vow (where presumably the initial pics are linked) and a separate link to the completed units. Please note that last year it was a pre-requisite to show three pics - hence the detailed tracking. This is not the case anymore - but I get what you're saying... I'll start editing in the weekend.

Hi all

Please could someone explain how to post pictures into the thread itself? I've tried, but the pop-ups in the editor keep freezing and not letting me do anything. I've had to just put links into my WIP thread. Is that sufficient?

Cheers

Si

It is fine to put the links - if the links work.

I think I know what your problem is... Do you use Internet Explorer 11? There is a problem I faced myself some time ago. If this is the case I suggest you find an alternative browser - either an older version of the Explorer or a completely different one. I use Safari and works perfectly well but I believe any will do.

does that send you to the image? *sigh*

not my best work, mostly color tests, ill remove the mold lines and do some touch ups and base them later. Wow my crappy phone camera really brings outs all the imperfections…

Nope - doesn't work...

You can do two things:

Upload your pic to photobucket or any similar program and copy the "url" of the pic. Then go to the tool bar of your editor toolbar (in the top section of your post screen) and click on the "image" tool (the rectangular blue-ish one). Then paste the url of the pic into the field provided and you should be ok.

Alternatively you can create a gallery here in the B&C, upload the pics straight from your computer and then do exactly the same as above.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Captain Semper, I have a question: one of the prerequisites of completion is to post pictures of the completed units in our vows into this thread: one pic of the WIP and one of the completed unit. Will you be posting links to both of these posts behind every unit listed in the second post in this thread, like you did in the previous edition? I loved the easy browsing that this kind of recording offered! thumbsup.gif Cheers mate!

I know... rolleyes.gif

I'll try to fix this in the weekend. The problem is that many frater post links to their WIP threads (which is totally fine) but it means that I have to go and fish all the pics out and make direct links... But I'll get down to it. Right now I have the links of the original vow (where presumably the initial pics are linked) and a separate link to the completed units. Please note that last year it was a pre-requisite to show three pics - hence the detailed tracking. This is not the case anymore - but I get what you're saying... I'll start editing in the weekend.

Can we do anything to make this easier? Like send a PM with the Wip Pics, and later a PM with the completed pics (while still posting them either in a Wip thread or here?)

Captain Semper, I have a question: one of the prerequisites of completion is to post pictures of the completed units in our vows into this thread: one pic of the WIP and one of the completed unit. Will you be posting links to both of these posts behind every unit listed in the second post in this thread, like you did in the previous edition? I loved the easy browsing that this kind of recording offered! :tu: Cheers mate!

I know... :rolleyes:

Hi all

Please could someone explain how to post pictures into the thread itself? I've tried, but the pop-ups in the editor keep freezing and not letting me do anything. I've had to just put links into my WIP thread. Is that sufficient?

Cheers

Si

It is fine to put the links - if the links work.

I think I know what your problem is... Do you use Internet Explorer 11? There is a problem I faced myself some time ago. If this is the case I suggest you find an alternative browser - either an older version of the Explorer or a completely different one. I use Safari and works perfectly well but I believe any will do.

does that send you to the image? *sigh* 

not my best work, mostly color tests, ill remove the mold lines and do some touch ups and base them later. Wow my crappy phone camera  really brings outs all the imperfections…

Nope - doesn't work...

You can do two things:

Upload your pic to photobucket or any similar program and copy the "url" of the pic. Then go to the tool bar of your editor toolbar (in the top section of your post screen) and click on the "image" tool (the rectangular blue-ish one). Then paste the url of the pic into the field provided and you should be ok.

Alternatively you can create a gallery here in the B&C, upload the pics straight from your computer and then do exactly the same as above.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Cheers Captain - yes, I think I'm on IE11. I'll try using Chrome instead.

I know... rolleyes.gif

Can we do anything to make this easier? Like send a PM with the Wip Pics, and later a PM with the completed pics (while still posting them either in a Wip thread or here?)

Thanks for the offer! :woot:

Let me do a proper round first and then I'll revert to those who have yet to post the initial pic... So don't do anything yet until I get things a bit sorted. Thanks again for your offer! :thanks:

I suggest we all just post one pic in this thread, with a possible link to the pics in your own WIP thread included. This saves Semper an enormous amount of time (which, to be honest, is only fair considering everything he's doing for the forum already).

To answer several Fraters question on a how to to post. For example:

I can only speak from a Photobucket point of view, but other hosting sites function similarly.

1. upload your picture to your picture hosting site
  2. copy the link next to 'IMG'.
  3. paste that link into your comment
  4. press 'done'
  5. DONE! :D

Here's a screenshot of my photobucket, the red arrow points towards the link in step 2.

(this image depicted in the screenshot also functions as the WIP picture in this thread of the second unit in my vow. More pics here in my WIP thread.)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Naamloos_zps159fc4d8.jpg

Does that help? I'll volunteer as the photo-posting-help-guy. PM me if you keep having problems after you tried this.

Can we just create a "how to post freaking photos" sticky already? I'll even take the photos and do a step by step walkthrough for the photobucket side of the house.

There is already a relevant topic in B&C 101... http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/141716-posting-and-hosting-images-at-the-bc/

But maybe we should make a pinned topic here too...

Can we just create a "how to post freaking photos" sticky already? I'll even take the photos and do a step by step walkthrough for the photobucket side of the house.

There is already a relevant topic in B&C 101... http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/141716-posting-and-hosting-images-at-the-bc/

But maybe we should make a pinned topic here too...

I'll add that to the Chaos Resources topic too.

I [Neigorath] answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete [One converted Typhus, a squad of plague marines and a squad of raptors] before January 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Pustulant Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

My Typhus Stand -in is about 80% done. First couple updates here..... http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/253344-the-templars-of-dooooom-call-of-chaos-vii/

But here's a pic for those who don't want to click.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Yip4OCMLNw4/VFI_XjXHHRI/AAAAAAAAB8w/OdVvDHkAUgU/s1600/TyphPIP05.jpg

Great progress guys - personally I'm drowned in work so I'll be updating the first page tomorrow at some point. Please keep you vows and completions coming!

This is going to be the best Call of Chaos yet! :tu:

Okay, with the notion of making things easier on Captain Semper, I'll post my initial model pics in this thread. These are also all in my WiP thread.

Unit of Chaos Spawn, pre-priming:

Full Chaos Spawn unit

Chaos Cultists, primed:

Cultists with autoguns, primed

Black Legion Chaos Lord, pre-priming:

Black Legion Chaos Lord, pre-primed

Black Legion Obliterator, still in the blister:

Black Legion Obliterator, new in package!

World Eater Khorne Berzerkers: 

Khorne Berzerkers, first group, pre-primed

Khorne Berzerkers, second group, pre-primed

And I still haven't got pics of my havoc squad, but will update when I have them.

Captain Semper, let me know if it will be better if each initial unit has it's own post and I will edit as needed. Hope this helps.

Archived