Well, that's the way it goes though. Look at ALL the primaris units, eldar aspect units, ork units, and so on, they all come with the weapon type of the unit. I actually thought it was wierd the champ didn't also get a heavy wep.

I'm not sure that T5 is that much help, especially on a small squad your opponent will want dead. They probably won't get a great deal of small arms sent their way? Probably want a couple of squads to help absorb hits.

Making decent progress on the Cultists:

gallery_30308_10249_31139.jpg

Added a couple of lines to the coat to make an eight pointed star:

gallery_30308_10249_11644.jpg

Not bad work, hopefully be getting them done soon :) Though that said, daylight doesn't last quite as long now :confused:

The coat is from the Escher kit, but if I remember right isn't quite intended for a walking body so required a little bodging. I also did some chopping on the left arm so I could change that, though I can't quite remember what that was exactly. I think it might have been the upper left collar bit was attached to the bolter arm? Otherwise the right arm is just a simple weapon swap at the handle (it's part of the coat too) :smile.:

It's the fabulous hair that sells it, the bright colours just complete it :tongue.: Not to mention plenty of weapon choice in pistol or rifle builds :) I was mulling over Cultist choices just before they came out so maybe a bit of Tzeentch at play too - this after originally not wanting any Cultists at all (but then I also originally planned to just do a Kill Team...) :laugh.:

Not sure why it took me almost the last model to add in some dyed hair, but there's one more model's hair to do and another 10 after that :wink:

Not sure why it took me almost the last model to add in some dyed hair, but there's one more model's hair to do and another 10 after that :wink:

Various hair colours help a lot with making a squad pop. I paint a multitude of colours on my Sisters and I think it's a lot better than them all having the same colour as model-wise it makes them a bit different and I think makes more sense fluff-wise too!

As the Sunder's lore (such as it is) is a bit outdated I'm taking part in the Liber's swap challenge, but first things first time to also update the colours with the help of the painters! A bit of mixing and matching gets you:

gallery_30308_10249_37946.png

Sadly no MkIV helmet but it still works as the Sunder make use of MkVI too. Or more accurately they make use out of whatever they can find, hence the mixing and matching... maybe Yjun finds MkVII helmets displeasing :tongue.:

I'll update the opening post too, about time it was changed for the title as the Daemonettes have their own home now too (all these armies flying the nest...).

Yeah it's always difficult to find the exact paint match in the SM Painter. Unless it's white or black or one of the main basic colours (like a bright red) I always find it looks a little off to me! Oh and you forgot the soft armour, pretty sure that's black on the Sunder :)

Getting the hexcode of the colour you used is pretty easy with a proper picture and a pipette tool like in photoshop and such, however the main problem is that the painter has some kind of filter over the whole thing that distortes the tone of the colour a lot to give it a metallic sheen.

Also fun fact the hexcode for the bright red on the Rhino picture two pages ago is #E24B36 ;)

I grabbed the colours from pictures of the models, I played with different shades of it but none could match it properly. Same with the white - that's pure white on the painter but there's only so much it can do. I missed some of the soft armour anyway so I need to adjust it, I'll probably play with some filters to try and better replicate the melon :)

• 1 month later...

Clocks have changed, and darkness looms... fortunately I got some decent sun during the day at least so progress has been good:

gallery_30308_10249_57210.jpg

I'm playing around with a bit of paper to help the pictures but I need to source some new paper that's bigger. Managed to get a decent picture of the leader at least:

gallery_30308_10249_28420.jpg

Arm is finally glued on :smile.: There is still a reasonable amount left to be done however, aside from inevitable touch ups. The remainder of the basing will wait until last but I've still got lots of gems, bracers, belts, gloves, feathers, hairbands etc to go before I get to that...

It's good to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, not just to see this squad complete but get them on the table! It'll help me to fill out my battalions with fewer points plus in anticipation I've already written them into a list. All 56 points of them :laugh.:

Perhaps opponents will feel bad and spare them... probably not though :tongue.: I'll try and pick bits off during the week where I can but I expect to finish them off on the weekend. Having the flesh and partial bases made a huge difference to how far along they look - bases and faces as the old saying goes :smile.:

I've tweaked the list a bit too so it's all ready for their first game, all going well they'll be ready for it in good time :D

Thanks chaps, they're good models with decent options - nice to build and paint (though packed with detail so not quick to paint as we can see :tongue.: )! I think they'd be good fodder for some Khornate conversion too so I hope to see that soon :thumbsup:

Time is short currently so I've not had chance to do any more unfortunately, but with the time I've allocated over the weekend should still be on course for completion :smile.: This will mark the end of my outstanding Chaos projects which is exciting - I've two more small ongoing projects to complete afterwards and then my queue is empty and the project world my oyster... :biggrin.:

The Cultists are finally done! :smile.:

gallery_30308_10249_5962.jpg

Not including the bits I've inevitably missed and will find later :tongue.:

gallery_30308_10249_3991.jpg

The squad is now ready for the table top; may opponents tremble before their 56 points...

gallery_30308_10249_15213.jpg

With this my Chaos backlog is clear - just two more (Marines and Guard) to go and my project list of shame is finally slain. Still feels strange to be this close to doing it, must be missing a loitering project somewhere :tongue.:

While I will almost certainly be focusing on my Daemonettes once I've got my clean start it won't be exclusively, other armies will feature to progress and keep the project list spicy :smile.: For the Sunder I'm pondering a Discolord, maybe a Venomcrawler too. I'm curious about trying out more daemonic elements. I'd really like to get some Oblits but it seems a kit release is a way off yet still! Maybe the new Sorcerer can be kitbashed a bit into a Master of Possession.

Alternatively I have some Raptors, might be a good in-between project while I muse and it'd be good to get some more mobility? Maybe it's time to do those Chosen instead...

5 autoguns (or equivalents) and 3 pistol and CCW (4 including the leader), it's a chem thrower in Necromunda but painting it as flames is a clean way of making it a flamer :D Though there's nothing specifically chemical about it so you could easily snip the barrel clean for the same result :) That was my plan for the next squad before I got the Forge World upgrade sprue which comes with a flamer, there's a heavy stubber too - might depend on if I decide to get a third squad.

I think they came out nicely which is just as well considering the time involved. I will be hunting for bits I missed in the week and seeing if there's anything to add, for example I'm considering a bit of a scorched barrel on the flamer, help it fit the "fuel change" more :tu: