Inspirational Friday - 19/12/2014 - Thank you!

Tenebris

Greetings people and fellow Helbrute enthusiasts. Unlike the past weeks this week I will not present an Inspirational Friday title but I will have a look back and see what have we accomplished together in the past months.

Inspirational Friday begun as an experiment by brother Nihm in order to spill some creative juices in the Chaos forums. Back then it was mostly doom and gloom as some frater remember and the topics were interesting but they did not gather a following.

In my case I have opted to begin an Inspirational Friday series in order to show the B&C community that we of Chaos are creative people, with a love for our fluff and a group of frater who like to explore the myriad interpretations of Chaos, the Dark Gods and the age old legion themes.

I must say that the past months have been a very interesting time for me here on the boards. Not only together we have explored many different aspects of Chaos and wrote about our warbands but we have also seen that there is a keen interest in our faction and the lore accompanying it.

In the Inspirational Fridays we have explored Chaos Worlds, we have read about Chaos Knights and we have even developed our own Chaos Cults and the like. The participation was always good and for such a small scale project I am honored that so many of you applied and worked your keyboard magic for us, your fellow Chaos enthusiasts.

All I can say is that Inspirational Fridays  have become something big here in our part of the B&C board and though them and other similar initiatives we of Chaos showed that we can step away from the all too common doom and gloom and we can really produce works of fiction, miniature painting and static modelling which are the hallmarks of a mature and enthusiastic community.

For 2014 this is this. We have traveled across dimensions, far and wide, we have talked to daemons and we have created mighty engines of war. Yet this is just the mere beginning. Next year we will have many more things going on the Chaos boards and it is you, our fellow frater and Chaos Lords that make it possible that our boards are so rich in content.

The next Inspirational Friday will begin past 15th January, in order to allow the frater to concentrate on the Call of Chaos and Uprising's challenges still ahead of us as well as the ring ding ding of Christmas holidays. We have a lot of content to explore and many more topic to write about. I hope that you had as much fun as I did this year with Inspirational Friday and feel free to post here your impressions on this "project of ours". In particular I would thank my fellow daemon princes, Insane Psychopath and Forte who were kind enough to assist me with the column when I was tackled in work and other duties which prevented me from reaching the boards. I will also thank all the good people who embraced the spirit of this column and presented each week an awesome piece of fan fiction and their own insights on Chaos, the Legions and the Dark Gods.

Thanks

Tenebris 

As it is proper the announcement of the best post in Inspirational Friday 12/12/2014.

The award for best post and theme goes to A Kvit Ghost and his awesome rendition of a Word Bearer Helbrute. Not only Kvit showed us an insight into the mind of a ancient of the legions but he also gave us insight into a Helcult and a pitched battle between two of this adamantium clad walkers. All in all a great piece of fan fiction and truth be told I would really like to find out who really was Khurvash.

http://shrani.si/f/e/r4/KG83M5z/13/friday-award.png

A honorable mention goes to Kierdale and the tragic story of Zenelaisus and his daemonic lover an a surprising new entry, Zhaharek and his Helbrute Kiocharo, the Chaos Dragon. Both stories were very good and I see why many people have a soft spot for their Helbrutes. It is always a great experience writing about this ancients of the legions, the undying Hlebrutes. 

I'll add my thanks to Tenebris (and IP for filling in a couple of times) for running these events, and to the members who have entered. It has been years since I wrote any fan-fiction of any kind, and this was the first 40k I've ever written, so it has been very interesting for me. I haven't always been able to read everyone else's contributions, and when I do it's usually after having submitted my own, but those I have read have always been interesting. More than a couple of times I've kicked myself wishing I'd included this aspect or that, or wishing I'd had similar inspiration.

Here's looking forward to continuing Inspiration Fridays through 2015 :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived