Solrac's Dark Angels WIP (updated 17/10/2017)

Solrac

Hey guys just some progress shots!

Stuffs a little everywhere at the moment.

The Razorback just needs varnish and decals but otherwise finished him over the weekend.

One of my pods (not pictured) is about 95% done just needs final highlighting and re-wash in the crevasses, varnish and decals.

Got both my other pods and Dev squad + Tac ML marine base coated.

Good progress so far considering I can only paint on weekends atm.

Enjoy!

Progress Pics 13.04.2015 (1)

Progress Pics 13.04.2015 (2)

Looking good :thumbsup:. What / who do you deploy via the pods Solrac?

Cheers

I

This is all for a 1500 point Tourney in May (list is here).

The Tourney is all Maelstrom missions so I'll have 2 Tac Squads podding in onto objectives rather than giving them Meltas and trying to pop Vehicles. The 3rd pod I gave to the Dev Squad but it will be empty (just needed the 3rd pod).

The Tac Squads will be Support by the 2 Vindicators then go from there.

That's the plan anyway I guess everything always looks good on paper lol.

I have a Razorback from a 5 man Tac squad manning a quad gun and 2x Land Speeder Typhoons to grab other objectives if I need to.

I had a practice game last week and it worked pretty well. The Vindicators actually did well as an anti tank team also. 1 lasted all game and the other died in T3 thanks to the Libby with PFG following them around.

So looks like the 1500pt Tourney I was painting all this up for has been cancelled :sad.:

I will however be attending a 2000pt Tourney at the end of May and will  ust adapt my paint list (uses most of the same units anyway)!

Army list discussion is here.

This will give me more opportunity to paint some of this list for ETL! Yay!

Edited by Solrac

So as I've mentioned the Tourney on the 9th and 10th got cancelled. Been painting a big Tactical Production line (up to 30). Got heaps done last Sunday however Monday we had a Cyclone off the coast and we've lost power at home. Power won't be fixed up till this weekend. I'll get some pics up asap!

Hey All!

Finally got power back last Friday but was to busy to get a lot done. I have the next 3 days off work though. The plan is to get these marines, my drop pod and my razorback 100% done and the rest of the army I can knock over during ETL! Need to have my 2000pts ready by the next Tournament 30th May!

This is where I'm up to so far!

Dark Angels Tacticals   Dev Squad

Ok another update! It's all taking me longer than I wanted but from this week I'll actually be painting after work in the afternoons also.

Very close to getting these done so I can smash out my vow with the rest of the army!

Tacticals & Devs 2

I've armed them yay! Tonight I put the mud on the bases cause it pretty much takes overnight to dry properly. I also did the last of the blue on the Lascannons, washed all the silver with Nulon Oil and cleaned up a lot of the green armour.

Whats left with this lot?

• Clean up on all the weapons
  • Washing the mud bases wth Agrax
  • Finish painting the pouches and grenades on the DV models and the Dev Sergeants bolter straps
  • Wash all the armour recesses with Nulon Oil
  • Highlights on armour, weapons and Lascannon coils
  • Mat varnish

After that I can do the final touch ups and final varnish on my pod then transfers on everything. I want to say that I'll get it all done tomorrow afternoon but knowing how I am should finish them by Wednesday!

Edited by Solrac

Hey Guys,

At last I have my Tacticals, Devastators, Pod and Razorback finished. The transfers came out alright, still need to clean them up a bit with a knife as the extra clear bits stick out a little bit but I can do those on my own time.

I used Sternguard models for the Sergeants because butt flaps are better than the robes in my opinion. Also all the Sergeants guns are magnetised.

Took the photos this morning for some better light.

I can now start posting my ETL progress pics!

Enjoy.

DA Sqauds 1

DA Squads 2

DA Squads 3

DA Squads 4

DA Squads 5

DA Squads 6

DA Squads 7

DA Squads 8

DA Squads 9

DA Squads 10

Edited by Solrac

Thanks guys!

So ETL. Here's the pic from my vow:

Solrac Vow 1

This is the rest of my Tournament Army I need to get done by 30/05 (except for Apothecary, Standard Bearer and a couple of others things I added just to meet ETL standards).

My vow consists of painting:

1x Librarian

1x Librarian w/ Combi-melta

4x Land Speeder Typhoon

1x Aegis Defence Line w/ Quad Gun

1x (5 man) Command Squad (Apothecary, Standard Bearer w. Standard of Fortitude, 4x Combi-melta)

1x (5 man) Veteran Squad (4x Comb-melta, Meltagun)

1x (10 man) Devastator Squad (2x Multi-melta, 2x Missiles Launcher)

2x Drop Pod

Plan of attack is to get everything built/magnetised and base coated by Friday night.

Here's my progress so far. The Land Speeder is almost done then just gotta get the other one built and magnetised.

ETL WIP 1

I wanted the Vet Sergeant for my Veterans to stand out, A friend of mine gave me one of the Blood Angel chest pieces so thought I'd make a Roman-esque type look for him. A friend of mine said he looks a bit Ultramarine like but I do have some left over bits from the DA Veteran box so I'll DA him out a little more.

Let me know what you guys think.

DA Vet Sergeant 1

DA Vet Sergeant 2

DA Vet Sergeant 3

Im running out of time to get everything fully painted by the Tournament so thought I'd paint a squad at a time and whatever happens happens. After I get everything base coated I'll start off by paitning both my Librarians and move on from there. Might have to have a sick day or two to finish thing off *cough*.

Edited by Solrac

I like your greenwing :tu:. On the Veterans' Vet Sarge, yes he does look a bit Ultramarinesy -- probably due to the fore-and-aft helmet crest. However, once painted he should be fine I'm sure :yes:.

Cheers

I

Hey guys,

Some more ETL progress photos. Got my 4 Speeders to show.

Should have them finished by tonight and I can work on my 2 Librarians tomorrow night. The Tournament I've been painting all this for is on Saturday so unfortunately didn't get the whole army painted in time but I believe I did a good effort considering them time I have to sit an paint is minimal.

One of my Libby's is half done and the other haven't even started but should be able to get them to at least near completion by tomorrow night. I still had 2 Drop Pod's and 9 vets to paint (they are at least base coated, so they are green and there wont be any confusion). They are in my ETL though and I have 2 weeks holidays starting next week so I should be able to get my ETL vow finished soon.

Depending on when I can get my hands on the new DA upgrade kits I may have to rip some shoulder pads off!

Here are the speeder progress pics. More detail on them than the bare black of one of my earlier photos. Enjoy!

Ravenwing Speeders 1

Ravenwing Speeders 2

Edited by Solrac

Hey guys just thought I'd share a whole army pic of everything that's 100% done so far:

Solrac's Completed DA 04.06.2015

Also this is my latest ETL WIP pic. I've been a little bogged down with relaxing on my holidays but starting to put the hammer down again.

ETL WIP Army

• 2 weeks later...

Just some more progress pics. Getting closer and closer now. Got both my Librarians here almost done, just need a few finishing touches and some highlights.

Gonna try and smash out the rest of the Dev squad once these are done then just got the pods and Command and Vet squads to go!

DV Librarian

DV Libby 1

DV Libby 2

DV Libby 3

Force Axe Librarian

Axe Libby 1

Axe Libby 2

Axe Libby 3

• 8 months later...

So kinda been a bit neglectful of this thread but doesn't mean I haven't been painting!

Below is what I painted up for the tournament that just passed. I'll post some updated pics of my collection very soon!

Still need to do some edge highlighting but got really bored with it so I will call it all "finished" for now.

Solrac's WIP 27.02

So looking at my army list for an upcoming tournament in May (list is here if anyone wants a look), I found I need a Company Master model with Foe-Smiter.

I decided rather than just magnetising a Storm Bolter onto one I'd make it the dedicated Company Master with Foe-Smiter model in my collection and I'd magnetise the other weapon arm instead.

Below is what I came up with. Rather than making Foe-Smiter look ornate I decided to place heavy emphasis on it's rate of fire, heavily inspired by the Pedro Kantor and Perturabo. I really liked how it turned out.

Company Master 1

Company Master 2