++// 2015 Augustus' Arena \\++ EVENT ENDED

I , the Psycho, challenge the esteemed Brother Heinrich to build, paint, and base a Ferrum Infernus Chaos Dreadnought. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory shall be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

All right. Jus' throwin' my hat into the ring.

I, Kurama formerly of the XIIth Legion formerly known as the jaspcat, accept the challenge set to me by Rushbold, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing not only 5 recon marines but also a dereddeo before March 15th, Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/giphy-7_zpskgjhleuu.gif

Okay, you have from 1/122015.M3 (now) until 1/202015.M3 (end of March 15th).

80 imperial chrono-units and counting... tick whirr... tick whirr... tick whirr...

I can't wait to see the Dereddeo. Are these for a new legion then?

It's all for the ultras

I, Grizzly_bear, challenge Midnight Runner to paint and base 5 Death Company, by March the 31st. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

I, Biohazard accept the challenge set to me by Krautscientist, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing Brother Captain Malek Deimos before March 15th. Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer. There will be a reckoning for Lorimars craven actions during the Skalathrax incident.

Alright! Challenges are flooding in! Check the Challenge Listing for the list of challenges - perhaps yours is waiting for you to accept?

Challengers should PM their quarries and inform them of the challenge.

I've updated the post so that everyone willing to be challenged is listed, with a hyperlink to their personal page, so prospective challengers can easily PM them. 

MANY ARE IN THE ARENA

But some look like a bunch of freshmen at their first high-school dance: all waiting until someone asks them.

MAKE YOUR MOVE AND CHALLENGE EACH OTHER!!!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT

I , the Psycho, challenge the esteemed Brother Heinrich to build, paint, and base a Ferrum Infernus Chaos Dreadnought. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory shall be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

All right. Jus' throwin' my hat into the ring.

Sorry the Psycho! Brother Heinrich has already been challenged! I'm making a ruling here that if Frater get two or more challenges, they must first decline the first to accept the second, etc.

Atia, Biohazard, Black-out, Brother Chaplain Cage, Brother Heinrich, Flint13, Kastor Krieg, KrautScientist, Khârn the Bloody, Kurama, Midnight Runner, Stoneheart, you have now earned the right to bear a Chaotic or an Imperial Challenged Banner. 

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10383/gallery_29004_10383_38246.jpg http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10383/gallery_29004_10383_880.png        http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10383/gallery_29004_10383_9079.jpg  http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10383/gallery_29004_10383_1175.png

I, Kurama formerly of the XIIth Legion formerly known as the jaspcat, accept the challenge set to me by Rushbold, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing not only 5 recon marines but also a dereddeo before March 15th, Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

I can't wait to see the Dereddeo. Are these for a new legion then?

It's all for the ultras

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_8832/sml_gallery_8429_8832_7747.jpg All for the Ultras. That's all Guillimann would ever want from any of us.

Ah, but I'm curious... are you using FW recons or 'scouts'? Their entry in HH mentions recons use power armour, but they can be upgraded to using 'recon' armour. Perhaps this was phrased so scout armour could be used? Just a thought.

1/124015.M3 tick tock...

Someone should really challenge that ballsy Rashbold. If only because he uses an unsanctioned 'Bring it on' Banner. ;)

Brother Excedis, everyone has something to offer to their brother Frater. You don't need to have 'Eavy Metal skills in modelling or painting to offer useful advice to another. We've all looked at beautiful miniatures for countless hours, so we all know what works and what doesn't. And you don't need hobby skills to encourage someone. Just be bold and all will be alright! :tu: :d Perhaps you can challenge Rashbold?

Someone should really challenge that ballsy Rashbold. If only because he uses an unsanctioned 'Bring it on' Banner. :wink:

Brother Excedis, everyone has something to offer to their brother Frater. You don't need to have 'Eavy Metal skills in modelling or painting to offer useful advice to another. We've all looked at beautiful miniatures for countless hours, so we all know what works and what doesn't. And you don't need hobby skills to encourage someone. Just be bold and all will be alright! :thumbsup::biggrin.: Perhaps you can challenge Rashbold?

but i need to admit ... i like the banner :P i know it's work for you, but it would be awesome to have a Horus-Heresy banner too :P

Part of that might be some (like myself) are rather fresh faced or inexperienced and hoping for someone with experience and talent to challenge us. While we balk at challenging concerned that we won't be of much use or help to the challengee.

I didn't let that stop me. I'm inexperienced in the hobby, but I'll do the best at being encouraging.

Someone should really challenge that ballsy Rashbold. If only because he uses an unsanctioned 'Bring it on' Banner. :wink:

Brother Excedis, everyone has something to offer to their brother Frater. You don't need to have 'Eavy Metal skills in modelling or painting to offer useful advice to another. We've all looked at beautiful miniatures for countless hours, so we all know what works and what doesn't. And you don't need hobby skills to encourage someone. Just be bold and all will be alright! :thumbsup::biggrin.: Perhaps you can challenge Rashbold?

Noticed that, eh?  :tongue.:  I'll change it to the 'legit' banner if someone challenges me.

I figured it wouldn't have been fair to just challenge someone and stay out of the line of fire myself.

They say a man who represents himself has a fool for a client. Well, I AM SUCH A MAN!

If midnight don't accept because he's a girls flesh eater I'll challenge Rashbold

R'uh r'oh. I think my dance card is getting filled.

I blow my nose at you, so-called chaos-powers/emperor-king, you and all your silly Astartes kaniggets

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_8832/gallery_8429_8832_820.jpg

Now, go away or I will taunt you a second time...

Right, here we go again: Here's my "Before" Picture:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/2/15/687211-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Lord%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt.JPG

More pictures here. Ongoing updates for this challenge will be posted in my WIP thread, of course.

Noticed that, eh? :tongue.: I'll change it to the 'legit' banner if someone challenges me.

I figured it wouldn't have been fair to just challenge someone and stay out of the line of fire myself.

Careful what you wish for ;)

Also, so you're aware you're alteration of the banner has also hidden a copyright text.

OK I'm going to be ballsy myself here: Forte, I ask you on behalf of the entire HH forum, would you please make all four banners and medallions in the HH style - (like Rashbold's but with the copyright text)?

Pretty please, with sugar on top? If you do, please PM them to me and I'll put them up in the first post. 

Noticed that, eh? :tongue.: I'll change it to the 'legit' banner if someone challenges me.

I figured it wouldn't have been fair to just challenge someone and stay out of the line of fire myself.

Careful what you wish for :wink:

Also, so you're aware you're alteration of the banner has also hidden a copyright text.

Ah, IP, my old friend. I always knew it would be you in the end...

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_8832/sml_gallery_8429_8832_63339.jpg

My apologies, Forté. And it would certainly teach me a lesson

if you rubbed my face in it by making a more glorious heresy version

of the banner than I ever could.   (pleasepleaseplease) :rolleyes: 

I, Beachymike123, step into Augustus' Arena with pride and hereby proclaim my participation. Challenge me if you dare - and PM me beforehand so you know what I can accept. 

I could do with some motivation - think of it as a warm up for the next ETL :biggrin.:

I, Mehman, lowly servant to He Upon the Throne, challenge Kierdale to build, paint, and base a Shrineworld Garrison Tech Priest so that his forces may shine from the light of the Emperor through his visage as the Omnissiah. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory shall be his in this paltry realm of existence. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame and draw ire from the heavens until Midsummer.

If midnight don't accept because he's a girls flesh eater I'll challenge Rashbold

...what's wrong with being a girl Flesh Eater? ... You say it like its a negative.

... Punk :P

I, Reclusiarch Kastor Krieg of the Black Templars, hereby challenge Brother Mehman to adapt and overcome in the name of Him on the Golden Throne. He will crusade this and prove his + ZEAL + by the means of building, basing and painting what passes for a Chaplain in the lesser Chapters of the remnants of the 6th and 10th Legions of Terra's Astartes. He will do this or yield and bear the mark of shame on his signature until Midsummer and a mark of disgrace on his honor for eternity.

This I challenge.

http://i.imgur.com/OdBcdrk.jpg

Archived