++// 2015 Augustus' Arena \\++ EVENT ENDED

Unless you have some sort of allergic reaction to break fluid it's not very likely to harm you. Prolonged contact can cause some harm, but then you're not likely to soak in the stuff! :wink: Just wash it off if you get any on you. :smile.:

Ha ha ha. No. I wore two pairs of rubber gloves AND a pair of washing gloves (pink ones, if anyone's interested) and even the drops that dripped in (which were diluted by the running tap water underwhich I was holding the soacked mini) caused my skin to slouch off a couple days later. :ohmy.:  I'm not saying this to be a wise-ass. I'm saying this for your safety. Don't frack with brake fluid. Seriously.  

The hubrol one went very sticky almost straight away. Maybe I will give the tamiya a go instead

Yup, Tamiya is way better than Humbrol when it comes to clear paints. Humbrol over Tamiya with spray cans though. 

^^Awesome work again by all. The deadline is creeping closer and closer - while there are still quite a few Frater that need to complete their challenge!

I also encourage everyone who has NOT met their challenge before previous deadlines to make an effort to complete. Even though you won't be awarded a VICTOR badge, it still is a finished unit, and it'll have you start with a clean slate before the start of this year's ETL. ShVagYer's beautiful Thousand Sons squad is a prime example of the rewards of sticking to it and making the effort.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT

THREE DAYS TO GO, EVERYONE!!! Let's make them count!

Unless you have some sort of allergic reaction to break fluid it's not very likely to harm you. Prolonged contact can cause some harm, but then you're not likely to soak in the stuff! :wink: Just wash it off if you get any on you. :smile.:

Ha ha ha. No. I wore two pairs of rubber gloves AND a pair of washing gloves (pink ones, if anyone's interested) and even the drops that dripped in (which were diluted by the running tap water underwhich I was holding the soacked mini) caused my skin to slouch off a couple days later. :ohmy.: I'm not saying this to be a wise-ass. I'm saying this for your safety. Don't frack with brake fluid. Seriously.
Were your golves some kind of Nitrile? That would be like the kind of gloves you see at doctors offices. We used those in the automotive industry (bit thicker then the typical doctors type), but never around brakes because brake fluid will actually eat the nitrile gloves and can cause chemical burns beacuse of that. It could be a regional thing too though, I know different countries have different safety requirements. I can safetly say that in over ten years of daily work with dot 3,4,5 fliud I've never had any problems. Ymmv though :)

Edit: It's been a while since I did that work so might be latex gloves actually, I can't remember which ones were good and which were bad now. But one of those reacts poorly to brake fluid. :/

Five Knight-Templar down, one champion badass to go.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303762-fury-zeal-honor-the-worthy-pg6/?p=4011339

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/905/XaafNm.jpg

Pictured left to right, Knight-Orator Levasque, Knight-Carnifex Eskabae, Knight-Paladin Harkonnen, Knight-Vexillum Alemain, Knight-Arkus Mallenborne

@AndrewChristlieb: oh yes, they were the rubber gloves doctors use. And they were cheap. So that might have been it... haha live and learn. I'll won't be using those anymore! ;) Thanks!

@Flint13: After binge-watching three seasons of Archer I can now with confidence and knowledge of the reference say *sploosh*. Holy crap. That squad is looking particularly epic. Impressive. Most impressive.

...and the Firedrakes are done!

ID'd as follows:

• Firedrake Master - green base, flames on helmet
  • Firedrakes - black base
  • Primus Medicae - red base and left arm/torso, narthecium

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10505/gallery_80588_10505_224970.jpg

Progress on the Praetor.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_8946/gallery_73590_8946_62803.jpg

I only have a few clean ups, details, a bit of freehand, final touches and the damned base left before he is done, tomorrow is going to be a busy day. And I'm not too sure if I should add part of an autocannon barrel to base or not.

Took you long enough Flint. :laugh.:

The Champ looks pretty solid.  I'd consider painting the tabard a different color, though, just so it doesn't weirdly blend in with the chest piece.  Although it didn't occur to me til I saw a white chest and tabard with a red cross just how similar your pattern is to the historic Knights Templar.

Also, no color for the eyes?

Now that you've started out, you just need a few dozen more and you'll have a proper Crusade under way :wink:

And about as finished as he is going to be for the challenge...

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9971/gallery_36568_9971_52142.jpg

Not overly happy with him and he will recieve major overhaul in the not to distant future. So allow me to present Brother Captain Keros Valant of the Star Leopards 2nd Company.

Took you long enough Flint. :lol:

The Champ looks pretty solid. I'd consider painting the tabard a different color, though, just so it doesn't weirdly blend in with the chest piece. Although it didn't occur to me til I saw a white chest and tabard with a red cross just how similar your pattern is to the historic Knights Templar.

Also, no color for the eyes?

Now that you've started out, you just need a few dozen more and you'll have a proper Crusade under way ;)

"Pretty solid" is steep praise doing from you concerning Templar :D

Glad to hear that he comes off all historical. I really wanted a slightly different look for my Templar-Brethren, so after mcuh googling, I settled on something that I thought was close to the pattern for the Knights-Hospitaller, or the Knights of Malta. These bros:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/450x300q90/673/jLbTBJ.jpg

Which is why mine have red Maltese crosses on everything but the combat shields and feature a lot more white, to kind of mimick that tabard look.

MK3 helms look weird when you paint those recessed little eye slits :x

I agree with firepower. A parchment or yellowed look might be just enough

Yeah, I'm thinking the same. Tried to break it up a bit with the muddying up at the bottom, but not quite there yet.

Archived