Night Lords WIP (My First WIP Log)

Enigami

Hey all,

I'm posting a WIP log for the first time hoping that it will continue to keep me motivated and painting. I have recently started a new 30k force, the Night Lords.I currently have my whole army in various stages of production, but wanted to post my test mini on here to see what you all think about him. More will be coming soon, possibly slowly, but coming none the less. Without further ado.

At first glance I was going to say they're too bright for my tastes but upon further inspection I will retract that statement. The blue is quite lovely.

Is the skull on the helmet done free handed?

Also, any plans to add lightning to their armor?

Your first statement was my exact thought when I finished him. Fortunately, he is a little darker in natural light. The skull is not free-handed; I wish I had those kind of free-hand skills, but sadly no. The helmet has the skull molded to it and is a night lords upgrade helmet produced by Forgeworld. I do have lightning on the armor, but I have just realized that none of my pictures focus on. If you look in the first picture you might be able to make out the lightning on the shoulder pad and the right leg of the miniature. I kept the lightning light, because I didn't want it to take over the whole model. I'll have to get some better pictures later. I apologize to all for the low quality pictures. Unfortunately I only have my phone to take pictures with at the moment. 

Thank you for your comment. Its much appreciated!

Well done Enigami!thumbsup.gif i know the feeling about keeping motivated.... I am currently in the process of creating a WIP for the same reason wallbash.gif.

If it helps, there is a great spot on B&C for Night Lords to chat and bounce ideas off of each other:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/285762-the-murderers-call/

Hope to see more of your work soon :D

Always glad to see new blood enter the fold.

Your first shot at midnight clad looks pretty darn good. A couple larger pics would not go unappreciated, however ^_^

Here are some more pictures of the test mini with weapon and base. They are larger images! I think I may do some weathering to him. He is a bit too pristine.

That is indeed better, but with larger I think Flint meant: more detailed, i.e. Close-ups. Your lighting is pretty good. Most camera's, even phone camera's, have a close up or macro setting. Hit that and you'll be scouring us with high res mini's. It's also best to use a photo service like photobucket to upload your pics to in stead of the BnC server. :tu:

Archived