++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b533/Flint1324/Slide1_zpsbb46d7d7.jpg

*Children of the Darkest Night! Your father calls you forth, that the universe may know your name and weep to hear it. Midnight falls throughout the segmentum, as the sons of the Night Haunter begin to gather. Step forth and roar your oaths so that the galaxy may know who stands against them, invincible in midnight clad. False prophets of the Corpse-God, we are your nightmares made manifest and we have come for you!*

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b533/Flint1324/NIGHTLORDS_1024_zps46cd0d9f.jpg

(To all the Nightlords of Bolter and Chainsword, both full and part-time, join us in our project to document the full might of our legion. One of the things that we have heard repeated among Nightlords hobbists are the difficulties of the initial search for a company number that hasn't been "taken." To help new and returning midnight clad faithful alike, we ask you proclaim the name, deeds and number of your company to be recorded here in what will be an ongoing roster, organized by your company number. We've even gone first to start to provide a good template. We'll be updating this roster in the first post with new members as long as the mods will allow, so that we may record all Nightlords faithful, both casual and hardcore for future projects and other fun stuff in our little community.)

---I am Flint13, and I stand in midnight clad. I command the 28th of our father's companies, Saeva Nocte: the Savage Night!

Jackals need no queens. Only an Alpha murderess. I am she.

--I am Brother Heinrich, and I stand in Midnight Clad. I command the 15th Company of the mighty VIII Legion.

I am the armored fist of our father's vengeance, Ave Dominus Nox!

For all of our Honored Brothers, claim your badge of allegiance to proudly display your heritage and let all know your true standing as fear itself!

For our Terran Brothers

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/Terran_zps971683eb.png

or

For our Nostraman Brothers

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.png

**Want to bedeck your 8th Legionaries in this season's hottest Nostraman fashions? Try Augustus B'Raass' amazing flayed skin tutorial! **

**Want to let those other, lesser legions know how you really feel about them? Try learning our homebrew Nostraman runic alphabet, so you can insult and threaten your enemies in style! **

**Want to paint your Legion to their midnight clad best? Try Elstonation's tutorial for painting VIIIth Legion Astartes and the Night Haunter. Part 1Part 2, and the Part 3 finale.** 

**Looking to paint your murderers just like the production studio? Try FW's official VIIIth Legion color scheme**

The Red Record of The Eighth

**Though we hunt through the valley of the shadow of death, we shall fear no darkness, for we are why the dark is feared.**

1st Company - "Atramentar," Commanded by (debatably) Jago "Sevatar" Sevatarion - A D-B

2nd + 16th Company - "Screams of Despair," Commanded by Pythas Wolfbane - Wicced W.I.P.

3rd Company - Commanded by Halasker - A D-B

3rd Company - "Scourges of Quintus," - Brother Nihm

3rd Company - "The Beasts of Old Night," Commanded by Etrigan Martikhor - Carnivore

4th Company - "The Ruthless Lords (Immitius Dominus)," Commanded by Sabinus Tarkus - Terimus

4th Cohort - Commanded by Oleksandr Diabolun "Tyrant of Carpathia" - NeopoleonOz

5th Company - "Slaughterhost," Commanded by Bibaculus Vatia - Imperialis_Dominatus

5th Company - Commanded by the Shadow Master - Dark Bjoern

6th Company - Commanded by Nigh Seer Kilvain - Night Talon

7th Company - "The Head Takers," Commanded by Silren Voss - Fracture

8th Company - "The Dark Vanguard," Commanded By Azanael - DarkVen

8th Company - "The Circle of Inclemency," Commanded by Sah Vassago - Rain

8th Company - "The Marked," Commanded By Var'koth - Luther- the fallen

8th Chapter - "Lords of Terror," Commanded by Damon Chyld - Hellchyld

8th Company - "The Muderous Brotherhood," Commanded by Lord Captain Arius Draken - Celtic_Cauldron

8th Company - Undesignated - Massacre Page 102

9th Company - Commanded by Malithos - A D-B

9th Company "Crimson Sons" - Massacre Page 107

(Mysterious!!) Company - "The Crimson Sons," Commanded by Gresh - Brother-Chaplain Kage (and kinda 1000Heathens)

10th Company - Commanded by Decimus the Tenth - A D-B

10th Company - Crimson Sons - Nocturn's Stalker

10th company - Malcharion "The War-Sage"  - Malcharion

11th Company - Commanded by Artebius - Doghouse

12th Comany - "The Hounds of Tsagualsa,"- Brother Akkyshan

13th Company - Commanded by Naraka the Bloodless - A D-B RedMoon

14th Company - "The Forsaken," Commanded by Barbastellan Lasiurus - Balthamal

15th Company - Commanded by Hashec Tor - Brother Heinrich

16th Company - "The Final Breath," Commanded by Tor Val - Noctus Cornix

17th Company - Commanded by Molossus - PhantomZero17

17th Company - "Lords of Tempest" - Massacre Pages 96 and 109

18th Company - "The Immortal Terrors," - Dan the Daemon

18th Company - Commanded by Nero Maytheron "Harbinger of Fear" - NeopoleonOz

19th Company - "Et Excoriator Dominantium" - Loken86

19th Chapter - Regent Balthasar Sul - Massacre Page 111

20th Company - "Joy in Darkness," Commanded by Kyll Eston - Spaz431

21st Company - "Wraithborn," Commanded by Ashiroth Narakyr - Xin Ceithan

22nd Company - Commanded by Zar Orpheus - TheReaper17

22nd Company - Commanded by Vibius - Cowboy3569

22nd Company "Night Scythes" - Massacre Page 106

23rd Company - Commanded by Tesra Varek - Koriel

24th Company - "The Baleful Dusk," Commanded by Decian Rhakul - Ave_Dominus_Nox

25th Company - Commanded by Tol Calos - Demon2027

26th Company - "Noctis Infernae," Commanded by Aliksandr Saevus - Barabbas Sogalon

27th Company - Commanded by Var Jahan - A D-B

27th Company - "The Shattered Skull" - Massacre Page 99

27th Company - Var Jahan, Kyroptera member – Malcharion

28th Company - "Saeva Nocte," Commanded by Jhadek Redcrow - Flint13 W.I.P.

29th Company - "Warband of Al Ahn," Commanded by Al Ahn - nhaunter

33rd Company - "The Mongrels," Commanded by Justinian Vorbis - MrBear

35th Company - "The Claws of Sedition," Commanded by Veer Zhoste - Plague of Sedition

37th Company - "The Shadow Sworn," Commanded by Zar-Helek - Armond

39th Company - Commanded by Ophion - A D-B

40th Company - Commanded by Kar Zoruul - A D-B

41st Company - "The Winged Skull," Commanded by Haelim Lev - Lord Haelim Lev

42nd Company - Commanded by Vezis Shan - Deadman Wade

43rd Company - Commanded by Cel Herec - A D-B

43th Company - "The Void Lords," Commanded by Alpplordrin Gruharius - Hellios

44th Company - Commanded by Kysrae of the Othriii - Tenebor

47th Company - "The Night's Reapers," Commanded by Contemptor-Captain Tol Zhaeqal - Augustus b'Raass WIP + Showcase

48th Company - Dread Ascension - Commanded by Kryvan the Descendant  - Ghorgul

51st Company - "Architects of Atrocity," Commanded by Voruun Fux – Dardl

52nd Company - "The Terrorborn," Commanded by Valaghurst Nyxanos - YFNPsycho

55th Company - "Warband of Al Ahn," Commanded by Csaba "Necromancer" Cszimandia - nhaunter

56th Company - The Blooded Hands - Commanded by Belthzar - Psykic_scribe - Belthzar's Nightlords Host 

57th Company - Commanded by Xamuel Tral - Brother Khairon

64th Company - Sergeant Garathor, acting commander - Kaptain Von

66th Company - "The Terror Storm," Commanded by Otto Vaamon - Bruegel

71st Company - "The Crimson Judges" - Massacre Page 99

74th Company - "Nocte Varacolaci," Commanded by Corum Varagosi - Gordon Shumway

75th Company - "Invidos Umbram," Commanded by Xhant Mohn

77th Company - "Harbingers of Nocnitsa," - Brother Kirus, - Massacre Page 104

82nd Company - "The Midnight Sirens," Commanded by Talos Vandri - CaptainAsmodai W.I.P

83rd Company - "The Blood Bound," Commanded by Seifer Moldoro - Jaspcat

88th Company  "The Erinyes Brotherhood " Seynivarian N'kaal "The scaly-one" – Malcharion 

88th Company – no details – Pipistrello

91st Company - "Tenebrous Winter," - AlanofAngels  WIP 

96th Company - "The Fallen Knights," Commanded by Carmine Marcellus - Capitano

100th Company - "The Bloody Centuria," Commanded by Marek Vanya - TheWarmaster

101st Cohort - "Nocte Canibus," Commanded by Lucifex Aeterna - Aeternas WiP

102nd Company - "The Bloods of Heresy," Commanded by Belix Rathart - Balthius

103rd Company - Commanded by Krukesh the Pale - A D-B

104th Company - "The Sable Brothers" - Massacre Page 99

105th Company - "The Blood Born," Commanded by Kalsha the Burdened - Balthius

106th Company - "The Broken Silence," Commanded by Sepp Demir "The Ruthless" - Corsovitt

111th Company - "Tears of Night," Commanded by Syndahl Vas - Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

112th Company - "The Blades of Night," - JasoX

113th Company - "Shadow Talons," Commanded by Davian Octiz - Forte

114th Company - Commanded by Tovac Tor - A D-B

117th Company - "The Faithless Arbiters," Commanded by Kal'o Necridincos - plasmaspam

123rd Company - Commanded by Vikan Prixus - Helterskelter

184th Company - "Angelus Interfectum," Commanded by Lowmar - 200plus

781th Company - "The Partakers," Commanded by Sar Horr-al and Xas Horr-ast - Haakon Norsal

Unknown Designation - "Caradara Armoured Claw" - Massacre Page 100

Unknown Designation - "The Bonekeepers," - RoguePanda

Unknown Designation - Terror Squad Commanded by Balthazar Kald - Excessus

Unknown Designation - "The Blessed," Commanded by The Revered One - RapatoR

Unknown Designation - "The Tempest Hounds," Commanded by Ambroz Saytsev - Tanith Ghost

Unknown Designation - "The Nightmare Princes," Commanded by Anko Harrada - UndeadTaxman

Unknown Designation - "Warband of Evicerated Truth" Commanded by Zagar Kal Druga The Untainted - Noctem Cultor  W.I.P

Unknown Designation - Remembrancer Corvus Alis, "The Scroll Keeper," Formerly of the Adeptus Administratum - Pirokoksik

Unknown designation - Venek'tor Nox -  Trysanna 

TheWarmaster stands, in midnight clad, ready to bring death to those who follow the myriad banners of the False Emperor.

The 100th Company of the VIII Legion is mine to command, the Bloody Centuria. Chief amongst these pawns, is Captain Marek Vanya, Slaughterer of Gherstgan, Goremaker of the VIII.

I will echo our First Captain: DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!

96th Company stands in Midnight Clad.

Hodie Si Percutimus - Today We Strike

11 Claws stand in Midnight Clad

5 More Claws stand with red hands

The Horus Heresy was never about Horus.  Chaos knew that the part of the Emperors plan was to reunite man, but also to rid the universe of the Four Powers of Ruin.  Thus he outlawed religion, because he knew religion was mans weakness.  So the ruinous powers retreated or so it seemed and slowly worked their way back into those from history.  But did you ever stop and think that Chaos got what they wanted."  The Night Lord leaned in close to the flayed Cardinal and continued "They never cared that Horus would fail.  They just wanted the war to continue forever, and they know how man is."  The Night Lord laughs through his speaker helm as the Cardinal lays there without eyelids.

Standing up he turns and walks towards a wall with a collection of knives some known to man others never seen by mortal man before.  Picking up another knife he walked back to the Cardinal and continues "Those little miracles done by man during the Heresy that were the founding of your little religion.  Think about it for a second Cardinal with this question as I continue my work.  How were they done by the Emperor while he was not yet put on the Golden Throne."

+++Night Lords Legion+++

++113th 'Shadow Talons' Company++

++Current Lord: Davian Octiz++

++Current location: Unknown++

-Little is known of the Shadow Talons but what is is that they have been under the same commander since the times of the Horus Heresy. Records show Davian was there on Isstvan V fighting the Salamanders along with his Terror Squads. They have also been recorded since terrorising many Imperial worlds. Turning cities into charnal houses in one night. These attacks seem to be completely random, with no recognisable pattern.-

-Chaos worship is unknown but no mutations or noticable worship have been noted during any recent years.-

-Equipment is rarely heavily adorned with cosmetic modification but trophies are commonplace. Looks like they salvage armour and equipment where possible with current Imperial Astartes piece being noted.-

++Ave Dominus Nox++

+++End transmission+++

Edited by forte

Warband of Al Ahn Aglaeca former captain of 29th company with accompanying elements of 55th company led by Csaba "Necromancer" Cszimandia.

- Unknown number of Claws

- Strong pressence of Dark Mechanicum

- Worship of Dark gods is present but rarely use of Daemons and almost not existent mutations 

Looks great so far, guys! Let me know if you have anything you'd like to add or edit.

It goes without saying that anyone who has a friend, acquaintance or frenemy that plays Nightlords is duty bound to try to drag them in here ^_^ 

The Brethren of the 111th Company

Answering the call, the "Tears of Night" are present!!

-Syndahl Vas Commands in Darkness Clad

-3 Claws

-company uses heavy Raptor (2) and Bike (2) units 

-No chaos worship but slight mutations shown

The tears of night will streak down your face, like the blood of life will flow from your neck

Born through a wound cased by lies,  and to a world where we all must die

Sorrowful words in a dour and endless time

Come follow us down these stairs, from this life to the next...

End of Line

*whispering with voice caught frog in the throat*

I am Azanael.

I lead these soldiers considered to be dead. So face them dead. My 'Dark Vanguard' is ready for fight.

Fear be our arms. Darkness be our armor.

-----

Presumably part of the former 8th company, about 50 heavy-mutated psychopaths, plus 10 pure terminators (known as 'burax' among company members). Numbers are probably false. Act as high-qualified mercenaries.

The Tempest Hounds

Leader-Commander Ambroz Saytsev, former Atrementar Sergeant

Origin-Various claws from a great number of different companies.

Strength-Unknown number of claws.

Doctrine-Outright worship of the ruinous powers present. Extreme distain noted for their fellow legionaries who still venerate their father.

Tactics-Use of overwhelming force and any tactics necessary to achieve objectives.

Edited by Tanith Ghost

Indeed! Glad to see you come back out of the shadows, Ven. Heinrich and I were just having a conversation on how much you did to inspire us both. You're totally like the Sevatar to Dan's Curze :happy.:

Edited by Flint13

Hail, mighty Astartes of the VIII Legion;

Though I serve as an envoy of his Majesty, Lord Zebulon Hellshrike, formerly Captain of the World Eaters Legion 11th Assault Company, now Master of the Maelstrom and Red Right Hand of the Gods, my lord maintains a valued alliance with several forces of the prodigally ruthless Night Lords Legion. I shall see to it that your brethren receive word through our various lines of communication that other forces of the VIII Legion are seeking each other out, the better to more efficaciously rend and tear the Imperium's flesh from its rotting carcass.

Furthermore, in his beneficence, my lord has commanded me bring news of his latest edict, of a nature... clandestine. In the past he has allied with forces of the Word Bearers Legion, out of respect for their status as a Legion and in recognizance of their capability to further his cause. It is unfortunate to say, but some members of the XVII Legion were not so... respectful of the bonds we ought to have maintained with one another at the outset of our Long War, and heaped petty slights upon the forces of the Night Haunter due to matters of faith.

While we understand that the bleating of sheep can hardly find a chink in the armor of your pride, his lordship has of now deemed those forces of the Word Bearers who erstwhile fought for him to be a waste of his time, with their endless prattling of obedience to the Gods and spreading their Black Gospel. He may arrange for certain of their assets to be lightly defended, if you are willing to provide reciprocal assistance regarding certain items of import held by one whom you may have been in the employ of at times recent... an usurper, Huron the Youngling, who has encroached much upon my master's rightful realm while he was in communion with the Empyrean.

I await your response to this communique with anticipation and duty, as befits your most humble servant.

Epistolary Karlhaus of the Scourged, envoy of the Prince Zebulon Hellshrike of the Maelstrom, Keeper of the Vaults, Master of the Warptouched Slave Cohort

Hey all, I_D here. Got directed to this thread by Flint13 after he saw this thread and thought my forces were in midnight clad! They currently are clad in nothing quite so grand and rather not clad at all, but I do have plans to introduce Night Lords into my warband, as you may have gathered (as well as Word Bearers, World Eaters, Black Legion, Violators, Scourged, Hakanor's Reavers, zombie Loyalists... and so on). I'm not sure quite how many, but at least a squad of Chosen/very veteran Chaos Space Marines, a squad of Raptors, and probably at least one of each a Lord and Sorcerer. Perhaps some vehicles too, and maybe poor, poor Bibaculus and his squad of tormented Warp-cursed. I will fill you in when... well, when Karlhaus' communication receives a response from your brothers (when I paint some up).

I guess you could throw him up there. His official title is Murder-Master Bibaculus Vatia of the Night Lords 5th Slaughterhost, formerly Captain of the Night Lords 5th Assault Company. Estimated strength is probably a few dozen, with lots of "cultists" (civilians forced into battle with bomb collars) though if he runs into Acerbus' brood he might get a few converts.

A fitting quote might be, "If any mortal can grant us an end, let him try. If any God wishes to answer my pleas for one, let It do so. If this must go on... then I shall lay as many heads in their bed of blood as may satisfy my appetite."

Ave Dominus Nox, brothers.

Edited by Imperialis_Dominatus

You two haven't sat on your hands, Heinrich and Flint, haven't you :) though I'm more of a Sahaal type. Disappear for a few decades and then reappear when everyone but very few have forgotten me.

The blood bound (83rd company)

Centurion champion Seifer Moldoro

Location unknown

Disposition unknown

Capabilities full company strength

Lost pre siege of terra post tharmis scattering

Look to the future as we are night born and clad in shadows

Edited by Jaspcat

Void Lords (43rd)

Admiral Alpplordrin Gruharius

Last Imperial sighting: Near the Maelstrom.

Estimated strength: Around 200 Astartes, and larger regular (non-marine) forces.

Gruharius,  self-styled admiral, is the chaos lord responsible for an increase in piracy in the shipping lanes near the Maelstrom. Currently the Imperial Navy is carrying out operations in the area in an effort to put and end to his raids. It also seems that he has caught the attention of the Black Heart, and that his forces have clashed with those of the Black heart. So far the Imperial Navy has been unable to successfully engage his naval assets. Most of his activity is based around void combat, something his astartes seem to specialize in. When he has carried out ground actions his forces seem to rely on stealth and infiltration, before taking their foes off-guard with ambush attacks. As of yet we have been unable to determine any pattern or reason for his attacks. They appear random with no objective other than to cause chaos and disruption.

Looking great so far guys! I love that we even pulled Jaspcat out of his Deathguard closet. That makes me super happy.

@ DarkVen - Well... I know exactly what you mean. My hobby hiatuses tend to last a couple of weeks. I guess I'm just more of an emotional hobby roller coaster than you Ven, ^_^

Aaaaand I just realized I really have to include the company's that good 'ol A D-B mentions in his works... Ok, I remember the 10th company, led by Vandred (the Exalted)... but I know there were a ton of them mentioned in Prince of Crows and Savage Weapons. Anyone want to help me catalog? ^_^

Okay, from Savage Weapons is Sheng the Equerry of Curze and Sevatar, First Captain.

In Prince of Crows, we get

-Malithos, Ninth Company

-Var Jahan, 27th Company

-Cel Herec, 43rd Company

-Naraka the Bloodless, 13th Company

-Ophion, 39th Company

-Krukesh the Pale, 103rd Company

-Tovac Tor, 114th Company

And mentioned in Soul Hunter is Halasker of the 3rd Company.

I will be making fluff for the CXIII Airmobile/Penal Company, but there may or may not be minis. It mostly depends on how the next year or so goes.

Nice! That's amazing Kol. You totally get all my likes for a week!

**EDIT** Mk, got all of those companies taken down. Thanks again! Let me know when you'd like me to take down the info for your 113th, Kol.

A thought occurs... how super sickly bleached do you have to be before *other* Nostromans stick you with the sobriquet of "The Pale?"

Edited by Flint13