Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Order of the Blushing Maiden

WIP Homebrew

30 replies to this topic

CommissarZac

CommissarZac

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 310 posts
  • Faction: Joutinhiem 798th Armored

*I hereby declare this challenge complete* Jumping headlong into the Liber challenge I present The Order of the Blushing Maiden

sister2_by_63mh8-d8mswtg.png

Order name: Order of the Blushing Maiden

Home planet: Joutinheim

Name of its Founder: Hospitaler Coulette

Notable Sisters:  Saint Isabel, Sister Mary

Notable Allies: Joutinheim 798th Armored Regiment.

History:

Spoiler

Significant battles joined:  Repelled the Arch-enemy's invasion of Joutinheim, currently fighting the Foul Xenos Orks on 
Oricron VI.  Read up on their battles here   

Command squad
1st Squad
2nd Squad
Exorcist

Comments, critiques, Advice, is always welcome.

Edited by CommissarZac, 17 April 2015 - 10:35 PM.

• Bukimimaru likes this

*Furyou Miko

*Furyou Miko

++ PROPUGNATRIX REGNUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,874 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Sacred Tome (SoB)
It's, uh, certainly colourful.

Are the origins of the Order's colour scheme/name detailed in that other post?
  • CommissarZac likes this
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

There is no knowledge
that is not power.
Power corrupts.
Ignorance is Innocence.

Just call me Miko.
Sisters in 7th: W2 L0 D0

Tzeentch: Change you can believe in.

CommissarZac

CommissarZac

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 310 posts

LOL  I haven't come up with the fluff for the colors yet.  I just started a few months ago LOL.

CommissarZac

CommissarZac

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 310 posts

The basic fluff I'm going with is the Order's Founding Hospitler, was keeping a Commissar from Hypothermia in the "usual" fashion. (No hanky panky just legitamit survival)

• KhorneFlakes likes this

KhorneFlakes

KhorneFlakes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 130 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers

A great way to troll a friend of mine is go on about how Sisters are all about the "hanky panky". Never gets old msn-wink.gif biggrin.png cool.png

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!! MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!!!"

CommissarZac

CommissarZac

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 310 posts

I like the idea of trolling by making an awesome army and naming it something frilly.  Everyone expects to be beat by the Bulldawgs, or the wolves, etc.  No one will live down being beat by the Hello Kitty Brigade.  LOL

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,010 posts
Quality scheme dude. Whoever can't appreciate battle nuns with flamethrowers in blue armour and pink robes with aqua green hair screaming "BURN THE HERETIC", well, I feel for them aha!

KhorneFlakes

KhorneFlakes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 130 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers

Quality scheme dude. Whoever can't appreciate battle nuns with flamethrowers in blue armour and pink robes with aqua green hair screaming "BURN THE HERETIC", well, I feel for them aha!

Now it all makes sense. This is an anime.

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!! MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!!!"

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,010 posts

Now it all makes sense. This is an anime.

I would pay GOOD money to see a repentia based anime. Uriah Jacobs filling in the standard old perv role
  • KhorneFlakes and CommissarZac like this

CommissarZac

CommissarZac

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 310 posts

LOL

drawthread_10_10112013_by_lutherniel-d6t 

Not mine BTW

Edited by CommissarZac, 16 March 2015 - 11:01 AM.

*Furyou Miko

*Furyou Miko

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,874 posts
I can't be the only one who finds the idea of a guardsman in flak armour protecting a Sister in power armour an amusing commentary on the folly of chauvinism, can I?
  • CaptainHelion, Son of Carnelian, Flint13 and 1 other like this
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

There is no knowledge
that is not power.
Power corrupts.
Ignorance is Innocence.

Just call me Miko.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,729 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves

Best counter to chauvinism: turn it around.

Sister of Battle (lifting the guardsman off his feet, and holding him before her like a shield): "Thank you for protecting me. I really appreciate you taking these wounds in my place. Oh, here comes a Traitor Marine of the World Eaters Legion! You might want to close your eyes."

• Jacinda, KhorneFlakes and CommissarZac like this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

*Furyou Miko

*Furyou Miko

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,874 posts
That wasn't intended to start a discussion on chauvinism, which would be against board rules, but yes.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

There is no knowledge
that is not power.
Power corrupts.
Ignorance is Innocence.

Just call me Miko.

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,077 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)

That's a funny picture.  I'd figure he's probably just used to fighting with other men and didn't realize or think about it, but maybe I'm looking too much into it.

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

vonny

vonny

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 412 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

That's a funny picture.  I'd figure he's probably just used to fighting with other men and didn't realize or think about it, but maybe I'm looking too much into it.

True. There's actually a series of these pictures forming a small story, also including more guardsmen (including female guardsmen), and I believe a commissar and a space marine.

Been a while since I read it.

march10k

march10k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,223 posts
  • Faction: 5th Company, First Legion

I guaran-fething-tee you that when the bolter shells start flying, the last thing the guardsman is thinking about is ceramite-encased mamaries!!!  Now, the night before, safe in his bedroll at the bottom of a trench...different story.

• Bjorn Firewalker likes this

Path_to_Redemption_08BP_zps61931afa.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifgallery_29004_6198_9307.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012D.gifgallery_30308_9518_3663.png

MrFlutterPie

MrFlutterPie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 276 posts

I can't be the only one who finds the idea of a guardsman in flak armour protecting a Sister in power armour an amusing commentary on the folly of chauvinism, can I?

It's funny because on the tabletop she would be tanking all the ap4 and lower wounds for the guard squadlaugh.png

"Let me show you how a REAL servant of the Emperor does things!"

*Tanks a whole enemy squads of boltgun fire*

"As you were privates."

*Edit* I wanted to add that I like the colour scheme.  It's got an awesome anime feel to it and is very unique.

Edited by MrFlutterPie, 17 March 2015 - 02:19 PM.

KhPFO6N.pnggallery_51296_10593_8492.pngY4wv64l.jpg

#CelestineReborn2017

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,729 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves

From what I saw on the artist's gallery, the guardsman didn't turn his head towards the person he was keeping out of the line-of-fire, until the next scene- he didn't realize the Sister was there, until he felt something different.

• BlackTalos likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

*Furyou Miko

*Furyou Miko

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,874 posts
The whole comic is heretical though. Cute, but heretical.
  • CaptainHelion likes this
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

There is no knowledge
that is not power.
Power corrupts.
Ignorance is Innocence.

Just call me Miko.

Jacinda

Jacinda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,237 posts

From what I saw on the artist's gallery, the guardsman didn't turn his head towards the person he was keeping out of the line-of-fire, until the next scene- he didn't realize the Sister was there, until he felt something different.

Which should tell you that he is not using cover correctly. If he were facing towards the wall he would be fully aware of what was on both sides and not be in danger of being outflanked or having his arm removed by an upset Battle Sister.

[eta]
In simple terms, never turn your back towards the enemy.

Edited by Jacinda, 17 March 2015 - 06:07 PM.

• Bjorn Firewalker likes this

Duke Danse Macabre

Duke Danse Macabre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,080 posts

Also i will say in all fairness power armour are not our sisters struggle with wearing Helmets and lets face it, they don't have the density of bone that marines have to stop round peircing thier skin. :P

"In all my years of Study and Contemplation on the Imperial Truth, as close as I can figure out, it has something to do with Being on Fire."

Direct Quote from Chief Scribe Sweideger Steiger, Shortly before being burned to death by Sister Superior Larisa for Crimes of Heresy

BlackTalos

BlackTalos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts
  • Faction: Our Lady Tyche Fortuna

That comic is amazing! lol

Pretty heretical, will have to admit... Alcohool and all...

gallery_51296_10593_88842.png

Duke Danse Macabre

Duke Danse Macabre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,080 posts

Nothing is wrong with a good drink now and then, after all nuns and monks of old used to brew beer and make wine as well as partake. ;)

"In all my years of Study and Contemplation on the Imperial Truth, as close as I can figure out, it has something to do with Being on Fire."

Direct Quote from Chief Scribe Sweideger Steiger, Shortly before being burned to death by Sister Superior Larisa for Crimes of Heresy

CommissarZac

CommissarZac

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 310 posts

updated

vonny

vonny

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 412 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

stupid as it may seem, I get the point of sisters in power armour going unhelmeted. The increased morale boost of seeing the sisters fight by your side, and see that they, too, are human (and not just a walking suit of armour) could possibly be a huge boost. Piety is hard to convey through a helmet's eye-lenses. 

And of course, going without a helmet is no problem for the sisters. The Emperor Protects. ;)

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WIP, Homebrew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users