Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Sons of Barbarus : A Death Guard Tactica Thread

• Please log in to reply
1163 replies to this topic

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 440 posts
What do we think of my new 4k list I'm working to? Just need one more malcador and the lascannon dread and I'm good to go.

4k reaping

Rask
M.o.s aa,RF

2x tact squad. Srg aa, rad, mb, power axe and vox
Rhino with mm

2x 5man lascannon squad. Srg aa, as
2x 5man volkite culvetin. Srg aa, as

Mortis contemptor with khernes
Mortis contemptor with lascannons

2 rapier mortars with shatter

2 medusa with extra armour

Dreadeao with autocannons, missiles and armour cementite.

2x malcador. Battle cannon,demo cannon, lascannons, pintle mm, flare shield

Typhoon, armour cementite

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,740 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Be happy to show you 3 and 4k lists I run. I started with bigger squads but found that the split firer of double small squads seemed to be more effective especially if lots of targets.as much fun as rolling 40 dice for the culverins is lol.
I also bring medusas, mortars, and dreads etc to bolster fire power. Always max out the heavy slots

That's true, splitting up some squads could definitely help (and avoid overkill!). I think the Volkites would definitely be the fun factor more than anything too! Interesting to see your list to contextualise this!

What do we think of my new 4k list I'm working to? Just need one more malcador and the lascannon dread and I'm good to go.

4k reaping

Rask
M.o.s aa,RF

2x tact squad. Srg aa, rad, mb, power axe and vox
Rhino with mm

2x 5man lascannon squad. Srg aa, as
2x 5man volkite culvetin. Srg aa, as

Mortis contemptor with khernes
Mortis contemptor with lascannons

2 medusa with extra armour

Dreadeao with autocannons, missiles and armour cementite.

2x malcador. Battle cannon,demo cannon, lascannons, pintle mm, flare shield

Typhoon, armour cementite

I think I might just worry about scoring, but then six units and forty bodies could still be quite flexible! That said, it's not as much as I'd be used to - but the fire output and number of templates would be incredible! Have you used something similar? Also, I've not seen anyone use a Malcador before, so having two of them would be really different from what I've seen previously. Be very keen to hear how this plays!

L_T_3_2017_Badge_06_Magos.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei05.jpgETL_2016_Badge_09_Badge_of_the_Martyr.jpCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.pnggallery_29004_9903_10777.pnggallery_29004_10383_9506.pnggallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_07_CoC_2013.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013E.gif

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 440 posts
The malcadors are a new thing to me. Got one I'm painting now so will be appearing in the next game. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll show you my recent go to 4k list too. It's played few games and utterly destroyed both a alpha legion and iron warriors(with Ferris) to the point both gave up with minimal casualties. There is 6 troops so not worried about scoring. In fact if nothing lives I don't need to worry either lol

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 440 posts
Reaping 4k

Calas
Rask
M.o.s aa, RF

Mortis with khernes
2 mortars with shatter
1 mortar with shatter

2x12 marines. Srg aa,rad,axe,mb and vox
2x5 lascannons . Srg aa as
2x5 volkite culvetin. Srg aa as

Leviathan. Melta Lance, drill, volkite,phosphex,AC
2x medusas. Extra armour
8 wardens 7 chain fist. Spartan.ac and flare shield

Typhoon. AC

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,740 posts

I like it LtDan! How often does the Leviathan survive to get close? It's definitely a very different sort of list to what I'd normally play - so always good to contrast Rites and lists! 

I've now upped my Grave Wardens to ten-strong, so tempted to give them a good go imminently if I can. Whether that'll be in either my Orbital Strike list or for the Reaping, I'm not too sure just yet - but I'm conscious that both builds should provide different mechanisms for getting them where they are needed. 

L_T_3_2017_Badge_06_Magos.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei05.jpgETL_2016_Badge_09_Badge_of_the_Martyr.jpCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.pnggallery_29004_9903_10777.pnggallery_29004_10383_9506.pnggallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_07_CoC_2013.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013E.gif

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 440 posts
Tbh he has never died before cc. He always walks. Last game he punched a Spartan and killed it first hit and then went toe to toe with Ferrus and 5 chainfist terms for 4 rounds before he died lol..... Then again there was nothing left of the rest of the iron hands by then hahaha just Ferrus. 🤣
I do have ten wardens and ten shroud. Then wardens will pretty much always come to play first. Also due to shroud not getting a dedicated Spartan if over 5 🤔.
I normally play reaping. It's the rite that works for me. Unless run pride in zm

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 440 posts
So my deathguard are expanding further to almost the 10k point. (7500 fully painted) does anyone use many other row apart from our own and pride that find fun?? I've prob got enough dreads for a fury list any thing else?? More fun then competitive 😁

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,740 posts
Expansion sounds very cool LtDan - what are you adding?

As I’ve stated previously, I tend to nearly always gravitate to Creeping Death over any other (hence now wanting Orbital Assault and a dedicated Reaping list for variety!). I would definitely be interested to hear of others utilising alternative Rites too: I love the thought of a Dread only list via Fury, although my understanding of the mechanics means narrative games are probably best suited (perhaps against an infantry heavy list without too much AT, if one could set that up).

Pride is definitely appropriate for ZM: are there any we haven’t considered?

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 440 posts
I've finished the pair of malcadors, a legion Mortis(autocannons), dual fist contemptor. Got a lightning washed(first air in heresy for me). Pair of rhinos, a damocles, Scorpios, Proteus, squad of vets with combi flamers, plasma cannon support squad, heavy flamer squad, another contemptor with chainfist and last cannon, another medusa(makes the squad up to three). O and a converted mortarian...... Not too much hahaha

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 440 posts
Have thought about a fury list. Got three boxnaughts. Three contemptor a leviathan and dreadaeo. So prob need a few more. Pride in zm Def works best. I'm still yet to try creeping death as don't see is benefits that good? Can you change my mind on that?

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,740 posts
Plenty then! I think that might work for a Fury list, although perhaps you may want more for additional Talons? We could certainly look at possible lists: I’d like to use my Deredeos at some point, and they’d add an alternative shape to the visual aesthetic as well as anti-air capability.

RE: Creeping Death - I think I like it due to the lack of limitations, and the type of lists I tend to use that make it viable. Troop-heavy, slogging lists benefiting from possible cover (and Apothecaries!), and playing to the typical fluff around our Legion (with Medusas and Quads) adds to the theme. I’ve rarely played on forest boards mind, but I think it generally covers everything I have needed. Naturally, the Reaping can also accommodate similar lists, but I’ve not needed those additional support or Heavy squads, so is just something a bit different! Might just be something to try depending on your list composition, as an alternative.

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 440 posts
I love bring the heavy weapons squads so reaping always fit my style with deathguard. I can see the cover save being of use on a more open board.
My dreadeao comes out to play ever other game maybe and performs OK. Never a real wow. But good at killing the few fire raptors he sees. Last game I played raven guard and brought him. Didn't do much really as it was all infiltrating power armour lol.

Arbarbalus

Arbarbalus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts
Wow missed a bit of stuff here! Like the army lists.
Would you recommend the 5man las cannons squads then? Just looking at expanding my seige/destroyer company and was pondering some...

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 440 posts
I personally love them and they do great. Better then one big unit as ten lascannons is o.k and expensive. I always sit a m.o.s or siege breaker near them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users