ETL IV - What's that noise?

Olis

I have forty-something hours, so I should be able to knuckle up and power through this. Polux and the Destroyers are nearly done, so adding those to the regular squad and the Moritat means I only need to focus on eighteen more (partly done) models and I'm golden. The most tedious part is painting the bonding studs, really.    

Lore to come later today. msn-wink.gif

Hidden Content
Patrol Group Arachne - 7th Infantry Demi-Company

Formed from the remnants of the 77th, 82nd and 85th companies that saw action at Phall, Patrol Group Arachne temporarily saw action under the direct command of Alexis Polux after events drew both Polux and Patrol Group Arachne to Macragge. This situation lasted briefly, with events in wider Ultramar drawing the 405th and Arachne to opposing corners of the Imperium Secundus.

Arachne itself is composed of eight demi-companies, the first two respectively bearing the concentrated armoured and flying elements still available while the remaining sections were made from what contiguous infantry elements were available. Nominally commanded overall by Captain Chulian Sorgul, there are scant few officers scattered amongst the Demi Companies, with the seventh commanded directly by Wallach Duphresne - a Moritat and officer with well over a century of experience.

Wallach Duphresne himself, a Terran born of the rad-wastes in Merica, learned the use of pistols at a young age - his own bloody childhood directly contributing to his recruitment into the Seventh Legion. This skill benefited him later on in his transformation into a space marine, aiding his secondment into the destroyer cadres and forming the basis of his combat repertoire once he was made a Moritat. Short on strategic finesse, Duphresne is a consummate tactician, capable of securing urban terrain even from the most canny of opponents. Duphresne, though well respected on the ground, knows full well he has reached his command potential and knows his superiors are wise to the fact, too.

The men directly under Duphresne come from the 77th, still billeted aboard their cruiser Hammerfall, form one of the line elements of Sorgul's formation and have taken to calling themselves the "Seventh Sons". Along with the third and first demi-companies, the seventh are expected to come in direct contact with the enemy and, if possible, counter or overcome whatever units they can. To the seventh the overall objective to their mission is plain and simple; attrition. They are expected to bleed the enemy dry, as Sorgul is fond of saying, and each man is encouraged to record his kills.

As of their last documentation before the Siege of Terra, the Seventh Sons were known to be operating in the vicinity of Magniat.

Your completed vows have been notified in the OP, brothers, and I urge anyone who either has finished their vow this year and not posted here yet or sees a discrepancy in the points values to speak up. 

Your completed vows have been notified in the OP, brothers, and I urge anyone who either has finished their vow this year and not posted here yet or sees a discrepancy in the points values to speak up.

@Olis - I know that mine was an OOC vow, but I did complete it. The OP show's me in the light of Oathbreaker which is not true.

I vowed this year for Adeptus Mechanicus, as I did last year.  I recently submitted my overarching army, the forces of the Forge World of Firmamentum, to Part II of the Liber Challenge.  This year, I'm only aiming for one vow.

I managed to complete my vow in the final days of the competition.  I'm not sure what "counts" for the Liber scoreboard and what doesn't, but you can add me to your list if I fit!

The OP has been updated with corrections and, as of this moment, the percentage completed and the total after penalties have been applied.

@Olis - I know that mine was an OOC vow, but I did complete it. The OP show's me in the light of Oathbreaker which is not true.

The OP has been edited, brother. You are no longer shown as an oathbreaker.

I vowed this year for Adeptus Mechanicus, as I did last year.  I recently submitted my overarching army, the forces of the Forge World of Firmamentum, to Part II of the Liber Challenge.  This year, I'm only aiming for one vow.

I managed to complete my vow in the final days of the competition.  I'm not sure what "counts" for the Liber scoreboard and what doesn't, but you can add me to your list if I fit!

You have been added, brother.

Archived