+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

@Captain Semper:

got a question about a future vow. I have some Terminators on square bases that i use for Space Hulk (they fit on the board better and it's easier to tell facing). Could i use these as a vow? I don't see anything saying i had to use round bases but maybe i missed something

I have a quick question for my vow as well... Can we use counts as models for the challenge?  Such as using the new Sanguinary Priest as Corbulo?

Let me refer you to a relevant quote fro the rules (So I will not have to repeat it :P)

Special Characters and “count-as” Special Characters

Special Characters are kind of a problem for ETL. They usually cost more than normal characters of similar stature due to their special rules or stats – both of which have no bearing in the ETL. However, such Characters exist in all factions so the effect is averaged out while the extra detail on the miniatures themselves ensures the effort to paint them is worth the premium. But what about Special Characters that do not have an official miniature out (tons of them in FW lists) or what if participants want to make their own version of a Special Character that may already have an official miniature out?

In that case we expect people to play in the spirit of the ETL and do the extra effort to present a miniature that will unmistakeably represent the Special Character in question. Kit-bash/convert the mini to the best of your ability not only with the correct loadout but with the extra attention that will make them stand out as true heroes of the faction. You also need to comply with the “irregularities” that certain Special Characters have. For example a DIY Azrael is expected to have the Watcher (apart from a combi-plasma and a cool sword) and Redmaw must have both the Werewolf and the “normal” version… If in doubt feel free to raise the issue with me before you commit.

After that, you are only entitled to submit out of competition vows until ETL V. If you are still pondering, now is the time to act. If you can't begin painting until mid-July, now is the time to get that vow in. All it needs is one small unit that you can find the time for; it doesn't matter how little it seems, every bit helps us.

For Sanguinius!

About time I actually did this then I guess:

I Leonides rise to the challenge of the E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete a Librarian Dreadnought with heavy flamer and a Furioso Dreadnought with Frag Cannon and Heavy Flamer from Codex Blood Angels with a total points value of 295pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and all their Scions and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Edit - i'll take it as an auspicious sign that this was my 5,000th post!

okay so its taken me more than an hour to find all my minis i want to paint for BA and add everything together so here it goes!!

I Just4ucupcake rise to the challenge of the E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete a Terminator Captain with two thunder hammers digital weapons and veritas vitae (185 pts), A legion Sicaran Battle Tank with Heavy bolters (155pts), Mephiston (175), Furioso Dreadnought with frag cannon and heavy flamer (140 pts), Libby dreadnought with psychic pilot lvl 2 and a heavy flamer (185 pts), 10 man tactical squad 1 with Power sword hand flamer melta bomb Serg and A flamer and multimelta marine (185 pts), 10 man sanguinary guard with 4 power fists 2 plasma pistols and 2 inferno pistols (420), 10 man Assault Terminator Squad 3 with TH n SS (415 pts), 5 scout squad with camo cloaks sniper rifles a missle launcher with flakk missiles (94pts), Imperial Knight Paladin (375 pts), 10 man tactical squad serg with melta bombs power claw marines with heavy flamer and meltagun (180 pts), 10 man vanguard vets 2 thunder hammers 4 power swords (310 pts), 5 man death company squad thunder hammer and hand flamer and jump packs (155 pts) from codex blood angels and codex imperial knights FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF 2,974 pointscool.png on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and all their Scions and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of Oathbreaker until the year-end.

This is my entire unpainted collection I have available currently Ill be ordering more soon. FOR THE EMPEROR!!!! I DECLARE I SHALL COMPLETE THIS VOW !

edit to make my vow exactly 3,000 points to get the special award captain semper so kindly let me know i shall add

Add power fist to the death company squad to make the vow 2,999pts then add One Death mask to the Sanguinary Guard to make the total vow 3,000 pts

thank you cpt semper for the chance to edit a wee bit

WP 20150511 16 49 11 Pro

WP 20150511 16 48 05 Pro

WP 20150511 16 48 52 Pro

WP 20150511 16 48 33 Pro

WP 20150511 16 47 50 Pro

WP 20150511 16 47 17 Pro

WP 20150511 16 50 05 Pro

WP 20150511 16 54 40 Pro

WP 20150511 17 00 57 Pro

WP 20150511 17 03 29 Pro

WP 20150511 17 04 30 Pro

WP 20150511 17 05 17 Pro

WP 20150511 22 22 59 Pro

Congratulations Just4uCupCake! It'll be great if you were to edit all your completed units of Vow 1 in your completion post. That way everything will be linked in the first page. Good luck with your follow-up! :)

Welcome Leonaides, it wouldn't be complete without you! Good luck!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Perhaps a bone colour? A light, neutral canvass that will make the detail "pop"? Perhaps with some gold and/or purple embroidery thrown in? Just yesterday I asked a similar question regarding a banner and I got a couple of replies which may be of some help :)

I gav1892 rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete Mephiston, Librarian Dreadnought, Librarian, Terminator Chaplain and Brother Corbulo from codex Blood Angels with a total points value of 690 POINTS on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and all their scions, and failure will doom me to wear the badge of Oathbreaker until the year end.

FINGERS CROSSED i might have some Forgeworld stuff to add onto the list as well cash allowing.

Okay so I've decided to do 5 Death Company for my first vow. Going for something small and easy to ensure completion as I'm having a bit of a 'hobby wobble' at the minute and so don't wan't to vow something I'm not sure I'd get done.

I Chaplainmikey rise to the challenge of the E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete 5 Death Company with Jump Packs, one armed with a Power Sword, from Codex Blood Angels with a total points value of 230pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and all their Scions and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Starting pic-

gallery_26383_7868_33689.jpg

Congratulations Just4uCupCake! It'll be great if you were to edit all your completed units of Vow 1 in your completion post. That way everything will be linked in the first page. Good luck with your follow-up! smile.png

Welcome Leonaides, it wouldn't be complete without you! Good luck!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

okay did i do it right this time?

After that, you are only entitled to submit out of competition vows until ETL V. If you are still pondering, now is the time to act. If you can't begin painting until mid-July, now is the time to get that vow in. All it needs is one small unit that you can find the time for; it doesn't matter how little it seems, every bit helps us.

For Sanguinius!

Is that for additional vows as well or just for people who haven't started any vow?

More to the point, if I'm still working on my first, in 3 weeks I won't be able to submit a second?

Thanks for clarifying!

For Sanguinius!

Is that for additional vows as well or just for people who haven't started any vow?

More to the point, if I'm still working on my first, in 3 weeks I won't be able to submit a second?

Thanks for clarifying!

time limit is just for the first vow and subsequent registration into the ETL.

@ gav1892 & ChaplainMikey: Welcome aboard gentlemen! Good luck to both! :tu:

@ Just4uCupCake: Perfect! 

@ Orogen: People can sign up for the ETL until June 1st. The way to sign up is to submit your first vow by that time. After that, you have until Aug 1 to complete it. If you manage to complete it earlier then you can vow again and so on. You can vow 5 times in total. Hope that clears it? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

small update from me while I actually have internet at home (had a few issues the last week or so).

Have the upper part (i.e. the cannon) done on the plasma obliterator.

Finished off my take on Captain Karlaen

gallery_33706_8353_60838.jpg

I'll post some more pics of him to my thread when I get the rest of the vow finished up.

Oh man! I just moved and all my stuff is in boxes I don't want to miss out on this years event! I'll have to do something small to lock in my vow.

I Psychodough rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 5 man squad of scouts with bolters from Codex Blood Angels of total value 55 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and all their Scions and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Archived