+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Sock I have to say, I saw the pistols and my eyes lit up at the thought of a potential Cypher counts-as in that gorgeous black and white. Then I scrolled down and saw that it was. Awesome work. 

@ captain Angel: Welcome to the ETL - a great vow too! Big vows such as yours are sorely needed in the BA camp. Good luck! As regards this irregular Termie squad the answer is yes but it will be done at minimal value - i.e. any upgrades will not be counted (this is not so much about the dead guys on the chair but rather the fact that the Sang Priest is not a Termie.

@ vahouth: The rules prohibit any changes in a major way... Now if it is a piece of wargear or say adding another marine in a squad, I would normally allow it. If the two more models are expensive Characters or Vehicles, I'd say wait for the next vow. Besides that's why the 5 vows are for! smile.png

@ sockwithaticket: I have never felt ashamed for running out of "likes" before! This more than deserve it! You have definitely perfected your technique Sock and I have to say the highlighting of the black area is top notch. Now tell it to those who think black is easy to do right...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Two weeks to go!

Then that is it for another year for formally registering your interest in participating. If you are sitting on the fence as to whether or not to join, by all means, post your thoughts so we can assist you with a decision.

I know everyone is different. I know everyone's situation is different, and I know anecdotes mean nothing but last year, I had to leave my house due to renovations that lasted five months. My stuff was boxed up and packed away, and I was living in a house without internet blink.png However, I still found the time to paint up a unit of Sternguard for our Faction's push. I don't say this to pressurise but to say that it is possible to fit in something small to help and who knows? Today might be terrible but in July you might have all the time in the world.

After two weeks can we not make more vows? Or is that it?

1st June is the expiry for registering your participation. Those who have already made a vow, can pledge again and again (up to five) until the event closes on the 1st August.

After two weeks can we not make more vows? Or is that it?

1st June is the expiry for registering your participation. Those who have already made a vow, can pledge again and again (up to five) until the event closes on the 1st August.

Excellent. I've already vowed to paint up some fallen brethren and have made progress on them so I've got more to vow yet :) my scouts could do with a repaint ;)

WiP. 1/5 done, 4/5 pending. Plus some distractions loitering at the edge, for those days I can't face the vow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/IMG_20150517_172447_zpsgcsgganm.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150518_121147_zpss37pmc8c.jpg

Bit late, but that Cypher conversion/counts-as pretty much wins all my "likes" for the week.  It really is an impressive piece; he almost begs to have his own converted squad of akimbo-wielding VV's or something!

Sock... He's beautiful, you must be so proud :')

Thanks, man.Yeah, honestly, I am quite pleased with myself. I think he's the closest I've coming to painting a mini in my style absolutely perfectly, there are a couple of blemishes, so I'm not there yet, but he's easily one of my best attempts.

Sock I have to say, I saw the pistols and my eyes lit up at the thought of a potential Cypher counts-as in that gorgeous black and white. Then I scrolled down and saw that it was. Awesome work. 

Cheers! Glad you enjoy the take, I love trying to adapt existing special characters and create something (hopefully) unique.

Very nice (as usaul) work sock!

Thank you, brother, appreciate it.

@ sockwithaticket: I have never felt ashamed for running out of "likes" before! This more than deserve it! You have definitely perfected your technique Sock and I have to say the highlighting of the black area is top notch. Now tell it to those who think black is easy to do right... 

Thank you, Cap, you're too kind.

Yeah, although black is easier to correct than many colours it's really unforgiving when it comes to even slight errors when it comes to the kind of edge highlighting I like. At least I get to paint white when I want to do something easier! Oh wait...

Bit late, but that Cypher conversion/counts-as pretty much wins all my "likes" for the week.  It really is an impressive piece; he almost begs to have his own converted squad of akimbo-wielding VV's or something!

Well thank you ever so much for the kind words. Now that you mention it I have had a unit of gun-slinging VVs in the back of my mind for a while (plasma vet, hand flamer vet, infernus vet, grav vet and bolt vet);  they won't appear during the ETL, though, I wouldn't want to shame the forum by failing to get them done in time.

But, yeah, cheers guys, really glad you all liked him!

@ vahouth: Well, as I have shown some leniency elsewhere, I guess it'll be fine. However, I will only count the basic value of the DC marines - no points for their special load-out (if any). Let me know how the new total works out.

@ Charlo: You have one month to declare participation. You do that by submitting your first vow and after that, you're in! That means that you can re-vow (after competing your first vow of course), at any point until the end of the event in August 1st. 

@ deathspectresgt7: Congratulations! A well timed completion and some much needed points added to the BA faction! Now it's time to consider the future! :D (this is my preferred BA succesors btw)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT! 

Hey guys, I'd like to submit my vow but my 5 man assault squad (primed with Army Painter's pure red) have their yellow helmets basecoated and some chainswords have some black paint. I have these guys laying around for ages so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. Are they still okay to enter? Otherwise I'll just pick something else smile.png

I Bukimimaru rise to the challenge of E Tenebra Lux and vow to complete one Space Marine Bike Captain with StormShield and Powerfist,  one Terminator Assault Squad with Lightning Claws and a Banner of The Archangel Host, and one Devastator Squad with 4 Plasma Cannons from Codex Blood Angels at the cost of 510 Points on or before Aug 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal Glory to the Order of Redemption and further tip the already unbalanced ego of Chief Librarian Black Maru. Failure will doom me to bare the badge of oathbreaker until the year end.

ETL   Terms

ETL   Devs

ETL   Bike Cptn

I Keravnos rise to the challenge of E Tenebra Lux and vow to complete one Lord of Thunder, Keravnos (count as Dante). One Sanguinary priest with jump pack, extra weapon and power weapon. One Chaplain with jump pack and Valor's edge. One Chaplain with a powerfist. 10 death company,with jump packs, armed with 6 bolt Pistols, 4 bolters, 3 Chainswords, 3 power weapons and 4 thunder Hammers. Drawn from Codex Blood Angels at the cost of 946 points on or before Aug 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal Glory to the Carnitaurs and Legacy of Sanguinus! Failure will doom me to bare the badge of oathbreaker until the year end.

W. I. P. Thread

Quick question, if I take an Imperial Knight or an Assassin as part of my Vow, does that still go towards our Blood Angels total?

If so I have a Knight and an Assassin ready for my next vow once I complete this one.

Archived