+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

I Herald of Sanguinius rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Commander Dante from Codex Blood Angels of total value 220 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and all their Scions and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. Glory to Baal!

Sorry brothers, time has been getting away from me so I decided to at least make a vow and get my foot in the door, larger consecutive vows may follow based on the amount of time I can dedicate to painting.

I, captainhelion, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Sanguinary Priest (Jumppack, Power Weapon), 1 Furioso Dreadnought (Meltagun, Fragcannon, Magnagrapples), 1 Scout Squad (Camo cloaks, Sniper Rifles, Veteran Sergeant, Heavy Bolter), 1 Tactical Squad (Heavy Flamer, Veteran Sergeant, Combi-flamer, Power Weapon, TLAC Razorback), and 2 Vindicators with Siege Shields from Codex Blood Angels of total value of 768 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and all their Scions and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. Glory to Baal!

The Priest, the Furioso Dreadnought, and the Tactical Squad (without Razorback), pre-primer

http://i.imgur.com/fGMXWf0.jpg

Scout Squad and Razorback (Also a visiting assassin, giving the scouts some pointers)

http://i.imgur.com/Kz9jr3x.jpg

The final section of the vow, the two Vindicators. Also shown, the razorback from the earlier picture.

http://i.imgur.com/Pkr3LWC.jpg

Awsome, guys!

Quick update for me, got all but the chaplain base coated. A little under half have the bright red coat done. I would be done with these steps but my new airbrush jammed and I was in no mood to paint after that. I should be done with this vow by Wednesday and will have my next vow in after that.

Also, I know how to properly clean the airbrush now so this won't happen again.

Ahhhhh I'm seriously lacking motivation!!!! What do you guys to for a proverbial kick in the arse?

I find the more I paint, the more I want to paint, once you start seeing the progress you're making you get a real buzz. I also try to avoid playing computer games and paint instead.

If practical, get your painting station set up in front of the tele, so you can watch a film whilst you paint.

D

Ahhhhh I'm seriously lacking motivation!!!! What do you guys to for a proverbial kick in the arse?

I find the more I paint, the more I want to paint, once you start seeing the progress you're making you get a real buzz. I also try to avoid playing computer games and paint instead.

If practical, get your painting station set up in front of the tele, so you can watch a film whilst you paint.

D

I've always got my phone or tablet set up to watch some bat reps on YouTube or the like. IMMERSE yourself in the hobby :P

I "The Unseen" rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete an Imperial Knight Titan Warden Class, from Codex: Imperial Knights, of total value 390 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Charnel Guard, and all true-blooded Sons of Sanguinius, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Evidence:

20150526 043858

Equipped with arm mounted Gatling Cannon, Heavy Flamer, torso hardpoint Meltagun, and Thunderstrike Gauntlet, for a total of 15 additional points on the base cost.

=][= CONTRIBUTE TO THE B&C =][= 

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2015_Poster_V1.jpg

The B&C has embarked on its yearly fund raising effort. If you want to support the site please DONATE. 

Wait a minute... what is going on? Is this the BA Strategium? 

OK guys this is unprecedented! We're looking at 67 participants so far, that more than the Codex, way more than the DAs and one less than the IFOR... Interesting enough, you have the lowest average vow which means (implicitly) that we should expect a higher completion rate and lots of revowing! :tu:

To put it bluntly, you were never at a better shape to challenge the top! This is your opportunity - if you manage correctly your capacity to multiply your vows and deliver on them! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Evicerator, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Chapterhouse modded Stormraven with all options magnetized from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 255 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the blessed Sons of Sanguinius, his most beloved of Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Was encouraged to enter my Stormraven into this challenge to further the glory of my brothers in blood.

My ready to paint 'Raven.

Stormraven Chapterhouse Build In Progress

IMG 0697

IMG 0700

IMG 0699

IMG 0708

IMG 0707

IMG 0709

IMG 0733

IMG 0738

IMG 0739

IMG 0736

IMG 0735

IMG 0734

Progress Update:

Primed, based, and shaded.

Put a Turbo laser on the back and that's a Thunderhawk Evicerator!

Too small. BTW, there's a link in one of the painting forums to a blog that converts a Thunderhawk from two Stormeaven's and a Vindicator...

Different horses, different courses; but I don't post those updates to add pressure! As it stands, you're on course for managing five vows which hasn't been achieved often in our ranks. Other than that, what motivates you?

Hells yeah my bits arrived yesterday and I'm on track to complete my vow by this weekend :)

I don't want to rush them but I am feeling the hype! I might space the bikes out over the next two weeks so I don't feel the burn.

Then ill make another vow, hurry up friday, my brushes need me!

Wait a minute... what is going on? Is this the BA Strategium?

OK guys this is unprecedented! We're looking at 67 participants so far, that more than the Codex, way more than the DAs and one less than the IFOR... Interesting enough, you have the lowest average vow which means (implicitly) that we should expect a higher completion rate and lots of revowing! thumbsup.gif

To put it bluntly, you were never at a better shape to challenge the top! This is your opportunity - if you manage correctly your capacity to multiply your vows and deliver on them!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I have small projects planned to try and last the whole event but my goal is to make sure I get 5 finished vows more than worry about maxing out any particular vow. Small bits is the key this year. We have a new dex, some nice new models and it looks like we are off to a pretty good start. Keep it rolling folks

Archived