+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Generally speaking a blood diamond refers to an illegal diamond (usually from Africa) that was originally sourced through violent conflict. (A diamond paid for with blood.) However, I am not sure if in the year 40k, it will still be the same thing. By the way, nice dark scheme on those skyclaws.

My wife told me blood diamond is another name for ruby, a much older name. I've tried to verify her information but all Internet searches lead to a movie or information on African diamond mining. Oh well.

The codex describes the Wulfen Stone as a carved blood diamond. I'd thought to use blood stone, dragons blood or amber and asked my wife how to pull it off. She suggested ruby after the relics fluff. Also her idea to hit a bead shop to find a suitable stone.

Generally speaking a blood diamond refers to an illegal diamond (usually from Africa) that was originally sourced through violent conflict. (A diamond paid for with blood.) However, I am not sure if in the year 40k, it will still be the same thing. By the way, nice dark scheme on those skyclaws.

My wife told me blood diamond is another name for ruby, a much older name. I've tried to verify her information but all Internet searches lead to a movie or information on African diamond mining. Oh well.

The codex describes the Wulfen Stone as a carved blood diamond. I'd thought to use blood stone, dragons blood or amber and asked my wife how to pull it off. She suggested ruby after the relics fluff. Also her idea to hit a bead shop to find a suitable stone.

Works for me. (Not that you need to convince me)

I'm still going to overcoat these guys, and noticed one or two more things I intend to correct during photographing (isn't that always the case), but vow completed!

The entirety of vow 1:

Oort

Occam

Logan

Ragnar

RP on Bike:

Fenrisian Wolves

BTW I have reduced the size of all of the photos, but am unwilling to work with photo bucket further to get them to the appropriate size.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-860_M1Zy-60/VaZ74mflk-I/AAAAAAAAawc/QgWWpi7RcpI/s400/2015-07-15%25252008.14.18.jpg

Murderfang is complete, and so is my vow! Here he is in a family photo, along with the weapon arms I tried to pledge. :-)

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-S2NQcz7pIys/VaZ73m2VDmI/AAAAAAAAawU/f5l6gIEdYtk/s400/2015-07-15%25252008.13.25.jpg

Well, let's see if I can get a small vow or two in.

I, rgr_maddog, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Lone Wolf in TDA with Chainfist and Wolf claw from Codex Space Wolves with a total value of 80 (20+30+15+15)points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Sons of Russ and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a514/rgrmaddog/e313b761-931c-4479-b692-eb03b72a99ef_zpshn6ay3hj.jpg

Hail Brothers,

damn it feels good to be back, especially with all the stunning progress everyone seems to display, great works all around brothers. And yes brother maddog, I do notice, both techniques have worked well by the looks of it.

One thing I forgot to mention is that it pays off not to go for a bottom to top triangle, but to leave a tad bit of space at the top, makes it look even more neat. But I have to say you did more than well on that first chainblade, hats off.

RL bothered me no end, but I still managed to forge ahead, have a look:

Shieldbrothers

Shieldbrothers

Shieldbrothers

Shieldbrothers

Shieldbrother

Shieldbrother

One night I realized that there were 2 Fenrisian wolves in the vow, so some young Blackmanes add to my growing packs. Sorry about their plainness (?) , yet I didn't want dark grey wolves and the light sort of ate the grey-blue hue of the fur as well as the subtle shades of black.

Blackmanes

Blackmane

Blackmane

Blackmanes

Hope you like them.

As the end draws near expect an appearance soon.

Hail, brothers!

Some progress pic, just to show you my willingness to complete my second vow and not to fail Warriors of the Fang

Grey Hunters pack - Plasmadness: WGPL w/CP, 2x PG, 1x PP

gallery_81331_10879_104157.jpg

+++ IMPORTANT NOTE +++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2015_Poster_V1.jpg

AS YOU MUST HAVE NOTICED THE BOARDS WERE DOWN FOR THE BEST PART OF LAST WEEK.

DUE TO BROTHER ARGOS UNTIRING EFFORTS THE BOARDS ARE NOW BACK BUT IT IS QUITE POSSIBLE SOME POSTS HAVE BEEN LOST.

PLEASE CHECK THE FIRST PAGE OF YOUR STRATEGIUM AND MAKE SURE YOUR STATUS IS CORRECTLY REPRESENTED.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Well brothers, my summer has been full of unexpected perils and interference from the real world. Sadly my vow never made it past the base coat stage and I have a business trip that will guarantee I won't finish. So it is with a heavy heart and my tail between my legs that I must return to the fang an oath breaker.

Expect a penance vow to follow when the real world calms down a bit (probably mid-late august).

Sorry I have let you all down :(

Hail brothers,

I am sadly falling well behind with any kind of updates. Due to real life circumstances (New boy on the way so house needs fixing up etc etc etc, summer holidays, birthdays, horrible lack of time for hobby stuff) it looks like i may not complete my oh so meager, very first ever, vow.

I will try as best i can to do something but progress halted literally soon after my first update.

Apologies to all who have tried and fought hard to get their work done, and their are some truly incredible pieces being put up which makes me feel worse.

Stay strong brothers, who knows, i could some how manage to get some stuff done if i can get the time, just not looking likely right now. Badge of shame imminent!

on a side note @mercbat - what colour do you use for your armour? I've recently thought that if things calm down at home and i get to paint i want to try a different scheme to the standard, and that slight blue tinted grey toned down look is the kind of thing i want to do.

thanks in advance.

@Amarog - It's Mechanicus Standart Grey over black undercoat. I've tried several undercoats and found that black suits me best and gives exact that "storm-sky" colour. But in real life it slightly less blue toned than on pics.

@Amarog - It's Mechanicus Standart Grey over black undercoat. I've tried several undercoats and found that black suits me best and gives exact that "storm-sky" colour. But in real life it slightly less blue toned than on pics.

thanks mate, will look into it smile.png awesome stuff!

Take heart jbickb and (perhaps?) Amarog, they'll still serve you in the drinking hall and will still sit with you.

This next vow will be one out of the competition. I plan to get these guys up to table top standard by the deadline, but it would be against the spirit of the ETL to stop there and say done. So 5 WG bikers, some random arms I still need painted (power fist, axe, melta bombs, and others). I'm not posting points, as it's not in the competition, but I do intend to post a pic of my progress on the last day. This might seem silly, but this helps me make time for my hobby- which I enjoy.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a514/rgrmaddog/image_zpsgsedkn0h.jpg

Just remember guys - it's not over until it's over! :devil:

Congratulations to Vykryl for his completion - a mighty host there in a very unique colouring! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

ok so. assembly line begins. I'm technically working but i really want to try and finish.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/lelltomgeorge/IMAG0168_zpslvyrexod.jpg

New armour colour in progress. New primer being used (Halfords Grey primer ... can't recommend it enough smile.png).

Fingers crossed i can get some more done once these work calls die down lol.

FOR RUSS!!!

edit - dont worry about those hints of blue. they'll soon be gone. This is the initial phase of prime then nuln wash. Next is the actual armour colour and then more nuln (love the stuff lol) it's the detailing thatll take me the longest ... damned shakey hands.

Here is my end of the vow brothers.
Sadly as time is short i could only finish this one.. and also not up to my liking, but atleast tabetop ready. Had real life not been so busy they would have been of better quality.
But here it is:

11780030_853493011400419_475557391089560

Archived