+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Adeptus Mechanicus Strategium+++

Great work, frostibite!  I like the darker tone you've gone for; it makes your Skitarii look like they're planning for night ops or something.  The lighter basing really makes the dark colors "pop", too.

Wow. I wonder if it's a coincidence that the AdMech seems to draw such artificer talent? The models being vowed are of a high quality, I'm very impressed. All cool colour schemes too at that which surely helps. Well done everyone this is fantastic - not only is the AdMech striding forth with a huge array of models and points but to such an excellent standard! Exactly what the ETL is about :D

But no good tech adept rests on his laurels, there are more models to paint and vows to be made! Onwards to victory, for the Omnissiah! :tu:

Great work, frostibite!  I like the darker tone you've gone for; it makes your Skitarii look like they're planning for night ops or something.  The lighter basing really makes the dark colors "pop", too.

Thanks man! The red ended up a bit brighter than I had anticipated, I kinda got carried away layering it. I did the basing so that they'd fit in with my other Imperial armies, should I decide to use a coalition force in games.

I don't know if I should make vow 2 or add to my exciting one. 

But I have new models that I will assemble and paint from the Cult mechanicum and Imperial Knight. 

- Kastelan maniple (320)

- Kataphron Breachers (180)

- Kataphron Destroyers (180)

- Imperial Knight Warden (385)

- Dominus (120) arrives on saturday

Total points: 1185

Great vow, and awesome use of corkboard to add a sense of movement to your models!  Did you magnetize your Onager?

Thanks!

Yeah I love the cork board, still looking for a good way to do gravel around the 'concrete' corkboard tho.

Yes the Onager is magnetised, just that gun for now (as I'm using it in a tournament soon), I will magnetise the rest later.

I have a lot more to assemble, but my spare time is limited so I thought I'd get in a small vow so I can do a second vow later.

Ok I got a bit bored and had a spreadsheet open next to me so, as of now:

Mechanicus:      2420/27111   9%

Astra Militarum: 3660/19471 19%

Grey Knights:          0/5060     0%

Space Nuns:       360/1905   19%

Inquisition:          720/1484   49%

We're ahead in our category (IFOR) for pledges but not for completed.

Also a note for those watching but hesitating to join. You've got a couple of days to pledge just the smallest most achievable unit, then you can do a second vow later!

I spend a lot of time converting and basing, so was hesitant to pledge. So I will only pledge assembled/primed models cause painting is the 'quick' part for me.

Ok I got a bit bored and had a spreadsheet open next to me so, as of now:

Mechanicus:      2420/27111   9%

Astra Militarum: 3660/19471 19%

Grey Knights:          0/5060     0%

Space Nuns:       360/1905   19%

Inquisition:          720/1484   49%

We're ahead in our category (IFOR) for pledges but not for completed.

Also a note for those watching but hesitating to join. You've got a couple of days to pledge just the smallest most achievable unit, then you can do a second vow later!

I spend a lot of time converting and basing, so was hesitant to pledge. So I will only pledge assembled/primed models cause painting is the 'quick' part for me.

Besides that, you can pledge for models currently on their way to you through the mail.

Vow 2 Done - 2405 pts.

Link to original post:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306917-e-tenebrae-lux-iv-adeptus-mechanicus-strategium/?p=4041790

18187673941_e7e17a1628_k_d.jpg

17728627259_7efd0acad8_k_d.jpg

17854702576_a151fe84a8_k_d.jpg

Making Vow 3 (small one) - 885 pts.:

Cult Mechanicus:

Tech Priest Dominus (+Eradication Beamer)

Corpusarii Electro Priests

Taghmata Omnissiah (HH3):

Tech-Priest Auxilla (+Magos Auxilla, +Adept, +Nuncio Vox, +Augury Scanner, +Cortex Controller, +Enginseer, +2xHeavy Bolter)

Adsecularis Covenant (+10 Thralls, +Rite of Pure Thought, +Revenant Alchemistry)

Taghmata Omnissiah (HH3 referencing HH2):

Lightning Primaris Strike Fighter (+Battle Servitor, +Ramjet Diffraction, +Augury, +2xKraken, +2xPhosphex, +2xSunfury)

Taghmata Omnissiah (HH3 referencing HH1):

Called Decima

Edit - Added Decima to Vow 3 - if it's too late to do so, I'll remove.

18143066830_6c9fce6e23_z_d.jpg

18778139626_c550be4d69_z_d.jpg

But I have new models that I will assemble and paint from the Cult mechanicum and Imperial Knight.

- Kastelan maniple (320)

You're not supposed to add to vows that are in progress, but that's a nice and chunky vow 2 lined up for when number 1 is complete.

- Kastelan maniple (320)

You're not supposed to add to vows that are in progress, but that's a nice and chunky vow 2 lined up for when number 1 is complete.

Haha :D problem is, I might finish the "vow 2" before I finish the vow 1...

Anyhow, I'll keep my self busy with painting anyways.

@ captain semper

I found that I had enough money to buy a third box of skitarii troops. because i had the second in my 2nd vow, could i add the third box to the 2nd vow? or would you like me to wait. either way because of the extra special weapons i will have to update the points cost

@ Vash: I'm afraid you cannot have two vows running in parallel. I can only accept a second vow once the first one is complete. The reason for that is twofold: firstly it aims to help the frater to not get distracted and abandon their original stuff in favour of new toys, and secondly to aid my ability to keep track of everything. Also it'll be strange to finish your second or third vow only to fail your first. I think you fall in the first category... :D

@ Kilofix: This is breathtaking work mate... just awesome... And I love how you casually say that the next vow will be small when it's north of 800pts. :D By the way, did you find the Vorax easy to put together?

@ Red Skullz: blink.png What is going on here? This is too awesome for words... You must have invested your time heavily on this one and it shows! You must be rightly proud!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Yah I see the issue :)
Anyhow, I'll complete my first vow. But I'll be working on my second vow as its closer to the first list I am going to field. 

The other models will be painted too, as they are used in different points values. 

Going to have a short vacation soon, so I might be able to complete the first vow. Only time will tell :)

@ Kilofix: This is breathtaking work mate... just awesome... And I love how you casually say that the next vow will be small when it's north of 800pts. :D By the way, did you find the Vorax easy to put together? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT! 

Vorax were as easy (or hard if you hate resin) to put together as Castellax or Thallax. They basically have the same parts except different shape. It helps if you glue an entire leg assembly AND the lower torso to the base (so it's standing like an ostrich) before you also attach the other leg. But, for the life of me I couldn't heat and bend the ammo feeds right (they come straight). After snapping two of them I gave up and just left them off.

Hot water, near boiling - I take a mug full of water and microwave it for 2-3 minutes.  Dip the piece in and quickly bend it to shape.  You have about 3-5 seconds before it cools and hardens again.

@ Vash: I'm afraid you cannot have two vows running in parallel. I can only accept a second vow once the first one is complete. The reason for that is twofold: firstly it aims to help the frater to not get distracted and abandon their original stuff in favour of new toys, and secondly to aid my ability to keep track of everything. Also it'll be strange to finish your second or third vow only to fail your first. I think you fall in the first category... biggrin.png

@ Kilofix: This is breathtaking work mate... just awesome... And I love how you casually say that the next vow will be small when it's north of 800pts. biggrin.png By the way, did you find the Vorax easy to put together?

@ Red Skullz: blink.png What is going on here? This is too awesome for words... You must have invested your time heavily on this one and it shows! You must be rightly proud!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Captain, could you please answer my question from earlier on page 12. it is slightly pressing.

thanks.

Archived