+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

What Forte said. I've started with the Brass Scorpion, and I've got the distinct feeling this'll be a one vow year for me, because this thing this about three miles of trim. It's gonna take me bloody ages.

Dragonlover

Use Vallejo Liquid Gold!It goes on SUPER smoothly and covers in one go. Trim is a walk in the park with it. :tu:

If it's a Knight the vow it as a Knight. It's allowed in the rules.

Have to figure out what the point value is.... since it's being modeled to match the defi (weaponwise) rather than the Knight....Don't know how that works exactly.... ( TL LC's, Battle Cannon, Flamer, Powerfist) Some are new options on the Knight, some are not......

~BtW

But confused as to why you would want to field a Knight as a Defiler. It's much larger, less armoured, and puts out less damage.

Points value and allies BS.....

I'm limited in points and really, really hate the defiler model, lol. But the defi fits the points and I use the knight as a "counts as" because it looks so awesome....

And I hate that they are "Come the Apocalypse" as far as allies go..... Maybe that will one day be changed officially.

Think I may utilize some of my magnets, that way if I expand the army, or free up points, I can legally run it as a Knight......

I'll be sure to update, on which way I do so for sake of points toward the vow..... Don't want to short change the brethren here devil.gif

~BtW

What Forte said. I've started with the Brass Scorpion, and I've got the distinct feeling this'll be a one vow year for me, because this thing this about three miles of trim. It's gonna take me bloody ages.

Dragonlover

Use Vallejo Liquid Gold!It goes on SUPER smoothly and covers in one go. Trim is a walk in the park with it. thumbsup.gif

Does it come out looking like the pic I posted, or is it a deeper colour? Also I heard you need like, hardcore remover to clean your brush with if you use it. Am I right or did I imagine that?

Dragonlover

Dragonlover, my understanding was that a synthetic brush is best. I've heard amazing things about it but I've never used it myself.

My recommendation is Rhinox Hide and then your trim metallics, if you're sticking to Citadel.

My first vow will be a small one just to get the ball rolling as I build the rest of the stuff needed for later vows (I'm kinda glad  I bought 4 boxes of Raptors last ETL that never got used). 

So here we have Vow 1

I Slave to Darkness rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

Chaos Lord 

Mark of Nurgle, Blight Grenades, Sigil of Corruption, Gift of Mutation, Black Mace.

Sorceror 

Mark  of Nurgle, Gift of Mutation, Blight Grenades, Sigil of Corruption.

5 Terminators 

Mark of Nurgle, Lightning Claws, Reaper Autocannon, x2 Chainfists, Power fist.

Land Raider 

Warpflame Gargoyles, Dirgecaster.

Vindicator 

Daemonic Possession.

from Codex Chaos Marines of total value 905 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Unholy Pantheon and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

11141204_875630012496357_292358819699412

A little pennance vow, just for Chaeron. 

I Slave to Darkness, vow to finish the bases on all of my entries into this years ETL, failure will result in me getting a tattoo of a my little pony (Chaerons choice of course) on my left Buttcheek. (I'm being deadly serious).

So I wish you all luck fellow fraeter, and may your completions be many as you dance down the path to glory. 

I Slave to Darkness, vow to finish the bases on all of my entries into this years ETL, failure will result in me getting a tattoo of a my little pony (Chaerons choice of course) on my left Buttcheek. (I'm being deadly serious).

Chaeron... If I may make a suggestion:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/Kaldoth/img-1183433-1-hwrGcCD.png

:P

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10284/gallery_80859_10284_383322.jpg

I Carrack rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 2 Obliterators (veterans of the Long War, Mark of Nurgle) and 3 Chaos Terminators (Veterans of the Long War, 1 chainfist) for a total of 271points, on or before Aug 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Maw Warband of the Black Legion. Failure will bring shame and the badge of the Oathbreaker to be worn until the year end.

Edited in to add VOTLW

http://share.gifyoutube.com/yN0Yxa.gif

I'm Back.

Putting a cap on the number of points per vow, for shame! No but I'm actually doing something different this year, although I still hope to get a lot of points in. I Have been toying with the idea of mostly redoing my whole chaos army. It is over a decade old and my skills have changed a lot since I first started playing. I'm setting out on a missions to glorify chaos and improve the over all look of my army. I am selling off most of my chaos guys in batches on eBay and using the money to buy new models. These models will be heavily converted and painted to a higher standard. That being said this project is going to last a lot longer than this ETL. I'll be creating a thread that will act both as a WIP for this contest as well as a chronicle of my journey. I do have my first vow nearly ready though, waiting on a pretty important part of it to get here, thinking about ten more days. I'll post a pre-pre-picture with the models that are here now. I almost hit the 3K mark exactly.

I, Steve Shields, vow to complete 3006 Points of Khorney goodness in honor of the KDK joining the glorious fold((s) if you're nurgle) of chaos. The models are listed below, and failure will force me to compliment a loyalist, and in so doing eternally shame myself.  

Biggest Dudes:

Angrath (Forgeworld BT, he's the guy in the mail) 888

Lord of Skulls, hurler and the flamethrower upgrade (upgrade names are hard) 1013

Big Dudes:

3 Blood Thirsters  875 (One Great Axe and two Wrath of Khan Khorne) 

Not so Big Dudes:

10 bloodletters, Champion, Banner 115

10 bloodletters, Champion, Banner 115 (Second box still needs to be purchased, will include it when the big guy gets here)

My final pre-picture will be all these guys assembled and spray painted, LoS included. 

11210463_10153272804229467_8492221393388

*Edit* Also if the big blood thirster isn't permited, can we count him as a bare LoS, so same points? I'd really like to do him for this painting competition.

Group before picture

11011838_10153302804814467_6977602645481

So Slave and Mr Shields both return...must be that time of year again :D

And I suppose I should really make a penance vow too.

I Forté vow that if I fail to complete my vows then I will paint and base a single marine to the highest display standard I can manage, of the winning faction of ETL IV. This includes a scratch built pedestal and basing.

Chaeron... If I may make a suggestion:

http://1.1.1.4/bmi/i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/Kaldoth/img-1183433-1-hwrGcCD.png

tongue.png

Now i kinda dont want to do the bases :D

So Slave and Mr Shields both return...must be that time of year again biggrin.png

And I suppose I should really make a penance vow too.

I Forté vow that if I fail to complete my vows then I will paint and base a single marine to the highest display standard I can manage, of the winning faction of ETL IV. This includes a scratch built pedestal and basing.

3 months to paint a chaos lord... im sure you can do it

3 months to paint a chaos lord... im sure you can do it

There's are possible other vows too. Why are you laughing. It wasn't that funny. Cut it out already.

I won't give into temptation of non-ETL related models for the next three months...which is going to be tough as I already have bits for another game system and a 75mm ish minataur/ gladiator model taunting me.

Must...stay...focused...and work out a barrier so I can pour some clear resin on my base to look like chemicals spilling from the broken pipe. This ain't no standard gaming basing. This is Forté gaming basing ;)

I wasnt planning on vowing this year, but then my wife bought me a Knight! Awesome kit, and love working on it. I plan to have it done before august, so might aswel vow. Not a very big vow, but i don't dare to vow more. Last year Life had a knack for getting in the way.

I, Hellrender, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Chaos Knight Paladin (conversion) from Codex: Imperial Knights (375 points)

Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos and the Machine and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Progress will be tracked in my WiP thread

Pre-Pic

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l579/UltraWaarom/Iron%20Warriors/2015-05-04%2007.59.35_zpscpvjvg5g.jpg

Haha SlavetoDarkness, I refuse that - I would much rather just have a day basing them for you! That would be miles better!

With your vow, Steve's and my own coming in the next couple of days - we will be looking strong, building on everyone else's solid contributions.

is it wrong of me to plot steve's demice, so i can take over the title of 6th chaos god?

So you crave that title. Time to put some serious work in my friend. Will have to do 3k at a time and complete all five vows. You can do it. You know you can.

Steve and Slave on the same day? Truly we are blessed.

Oh, and since she'll never be the worlds most prolific poster, Wooly Pammeth is currently knee deep in tutorials for all sorts of things and is trying to find the best way to do a marble effect.

Dragonlover

Steve and Slave on the same day? Truly we are blessed.

Oh, and since she'll never be the worlds most prolific poster, Wooly Pammeth is currently knee deep in tutorials for all sorts of things and is trying to find the best way to do a marble effect.

Dragonlover

Wooly Pammeth? There's some really good marble tutorials on http://tutofig.com

Archived