Obliterators - MoN

med_gallery_39897_5762_503919.jpg

Helbrute - Twin Lascannons & Missile Launcher

med_gallery_39897_5762_1762769.jpg

Chaos Lord - MoN, Murder Sword & Sigil of Corruption

med_gallery_39897_5762_1222296.jpg

Next Vow incoming.......

For my next trick.....

I Razblood rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete - 20 x Khorne Berzerkers, 1 x Predator Destructor, 1 x Helbrute from Codex: Chaos Space Marines & 1 x Lord Zhufor from IA: 13 - Siege of Vraks of total value 846pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to The Void and the Chaos Powers in general, failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end!

20 x Khorne Berzerkers - Power Fist & 8 x Chainaxes - 439

med_gallery_39897_5762_1801398.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_599871.jpg

Predator Destructor - H. Bolter sponsons, Havoc Launcher, Dirge Caster & Dozer Blade - 117

med_gallery_39897_5762_457596.jpg

Helbrute - Plasma Cannon & Power Scourge - 125

med_gallery_39897_5762_976129.jpg

Lord Zhufor - 165

med_gallery_39897_5762_1469734.jpg

So there you go, second vow in begins........NOW!......or more likely Saturday :P

@ Vesper & Midnight Runner: Welcome guys - you're in! Good luck to both!

@ Crusader Raven: This is a very neat squad! Excellent clean-cut style! You should be rightly proud for this Crusader Raven - absolute beauty! Look forward for the follow-up!

@ Radaghast's Raiders: They will be perfectly fine - they had a bath and everything! ;) 

@ Razblood: A completion and a follow-up in the same breath! Wow! Excellent work Razblood, but the Helbrute? It scares the hell out of me! :D

UPDATED TO THIS POINT! 

Yes! More meat for the grinder! Welcome aboard, Sheesh Mode, Insane Psychopath, STD, and Lord Asvaldir!! 

Also, STD< that Lucius looks awesome!

I sign up a while back :)  Just I pick up the Dreadnought on Saturday & wanted to add them to my vow.  As said there, never expected to get one of the metal classic Metla Dreadnought, never mind two of them :D

Just started building both metal classic Chaos Dreadnought today

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09784_zpsd040xyqp.jpg

Just need pick up some Forge World arm's.  Then Sunday going to be spending the day getting the Terminators, Lord & both Dreadnought built.  All goes plan, start undercaoting & useing Leadbelcher spray on Monday afternoon & get some painting done (mostly be wash/metal armour stage) before 9pm for Game of Thrones :D

So as a break from painting i thought id watch annabelle at 1am, in the dark... Screw that, the lights are coming on. Bloody freaky ass dolls...

hehe, understandable, i only seen the prewievs for that one, and that was enough for me.

guess your going back to painting then ;)

He is and he's now suffering from that condition known as Raptortrimitis.

worse film ever, them guys shouldnt be allowed to make films.

Finally got the trim done, now im trynna get lucius' flesh faces right

Nice :tu:

Most I'd advise is that you give the black a Nuln Oil/equivalent wash to tone down the highlights a bit as they are very stark.

Army Painter Dark Tone is better than Nuln to use.

Nice thumbsup.gif

Most I'd advise is that you give the black a Nuln Oil/equivalent wash to tone down the highlights a bit as they are very stark.

Army Painter Dark Tone is better than Nuln to use.

I know that :P

I was aiming for common denominator :lol:

That baby is ready for paint. Quite boring to build, but I'm confident it'll be fun to paint and play !

http://i.imgur.com/9JNXLpm.jpg

Will you be adding the knight to your chaos as well?

I, Chaeron, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following, drawn from Codex Chaos Space Marines, Daemons and IA13, in no particular order:

Armorcast Chaos Warhound Titan of the Legion Mortis with the Mark of Nurgle – 415pts (as agreed)

Sicaran Battle Tank with Lascannon Sponsons – 175pts

Sicaran Battle Tank with Lascannon Sponsons – 175pts

Daemon Prince with MoN, Power Armour, Axe of Blind Fury. – 215pts

Daemon Prince with MoN, Power Armour, Axe of Blind Fury. – 215pts

5 Raptors with two Meltaguns and Champion with Lightning Claws– 135pts

5 Raptors – 105pts

5 Plague Marines with Flamer, VOTLW, and Champ with Lightning Claw – 145pts

5 Plague Marines with two Plasma Guns, VOTLW, and Champ with Power Fist– 180pts

5 Plague Marines with VOTLW, Champ with Power Weapon, Meltabombs – 145pts

Havoc Squad with Four Autocannons and a Champion with Power Fist – 150pts

Havoc Squad with Four Autocannons and a Champion with Power Fist – 150pts

Ten Plague Bearers –with Instrument of Chaos and Icon, Plagueridden Champion – 115pts

Vindicator – 130pts

Vindicator – 130pts

Vindicator – 130pts

...of total value 3000pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Nurgle and the Chaos forum: failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

The lovely before photo:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/ETLVow1_zpsq0qusajq.jpg

"Let the galaxy burn!"

Ooh, that's gonna be a sweet before pic. How come the Titans half price?

Dragonlover

It's going to be a big picture!

Quite rightly, I ran it by the good Captain Semper prior to vowing - we've agreed that as it's not as big as the Warhound Titan produced by Forge World, but is bigger than a Knight, it worked out that was the fairest way to include it. I'm very happy, I get to vow it and paint it, which is huge motivation as my pride and joy :) I'm grateful he was so accommodating - and I will do it justice!

I personally really like those stark highlights - will definitely pop at a distance!

Personal taste, obviously - he's an awesome model, and you've painted him very well. Great stuff!

Keep those vows coming :)

Vow updated with pictures and a penance vow (I assume I can add the vow, Semp, since it doesn't directly affect the scoring?)

All right, though I won't be able to paint much in the way of Chaos this summer, due to real life, I will participate-

I, the Psycho, answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux, and vow in the name of the Fourfold Ruin to complete, by the 1st of August Anno Domini Two thousand and fifteen, one Sorcerer with Spell Familiar for a total of Three score and Fifteen (75) points from Codex Chaos Space Marines. Success shall bring eternal glory to the mem'ry of Night Haunter and the Eighth Legion Astartes, failure shall condemn me to wear its mark till year's end. In addition, should our revenant cousins of the Age of Darkness score higher than the True Disciples of the Dark Gods, I shall start a Horus Heresy army.

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag161/YFNPsycho/P5101367_zpsg69kdtxe.jpg

All right, I should probably start selling organs in case the AoD actually do emerge victorious.

Hmm, I won't be able to start painting befor early July due to working abroad until then. Would it be ok to vow something now without any pictures to keep the 1st June deadline, but start painting a month later? Of course, I won't vow something big with only one month time to finish it :-D

Hey Captain Semper, I think you missed my question. Would be great if you could offer your thoughts on the matter smile.png

Sorry mate - I must have missed it... The answer is: of course! biggrin.png You make the commitment before June 1st and you have until Aug 1st to complete. If you complete earlier you can vow again. But there is no deadline for the first vow other than the deadline for the entire event! When you start work on your vow is your own affair - Manage your time the way you see fit! smile.png

Thank you, Captain Semper! In this case, I'd like to speak my vow now:

I Kythnos rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Rogue Psyker, 1 Renegade Enforcer and 10 Infantry Veterans with 2 Flamers and 1 Champion from IA 13: Renegades and Heretics of total value 160 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Stonebreakers warband and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

WIP-log: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/199456-kythnos-iron-warriors/?hl=%20kythnos

gallery_43993_7905_33526.jpg

I hope this is ok smile.png

It's what I currently have on my painting table. I was wondering if you're ok with vowing my converted Cultist models as Veterans, but it's the only way to vow the 2 Flamers in one legal unit as per the ETL rules, if I'm not mistaken. I could put 2 Flamers in a regular infantry squad, but they have to be purchased in platoons, so I'd be breaking the rules with only vowing one unit instead of the 3 that IA13 would require, right?

I'll start working on my vow once I'm back home in early July. Pictures will have to wait until then.

WOW Chaeron! That's quite a hefty vow there. Damnit, I wish I had done a 3k vow... but I´m aiming for the five vow banner and I really don´t have enough mini´s to make that happen with a 3k vow in it...

@The Psycho:

All right, though I won't be able to paint much in the way of Chaos this summer, due to real life, I will participate-

I, the Psycho, answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux, and vow in the name of the Fourfold Ruin to complete, by the 1st of August Anno Domini Two thousand and fifteen, one Sorcerer with Spell Familiar for a total of Two score and Fifteen (75) points from Codex Chaos Space Marines. Success shall bring eternal glory to the mem'ry of Night Haunter and the Eighth Legion Astartes, failure shall condemn me to wear its mark till year's end.

Two score and fifteen adds up to 55, buddy! tongue.png naa naa na naaaaaaa naaaaaaa The Psycho made an addition boo boo! (welcome aboard, buddy :tu: ;) )

WOW Chaeron! That's quite a hefty vow there. Damnit, I wish I had done a 3k vow... but I´m aiming for the five vow banner and I really don´t have enough mini´s to make that happen with a 3k vow in it...)

It is just a backlog really! This is the perfect inspiration and the catalyst to clear it.

Still going for the five vow banner and 15k if I can...

made some progress on my knight. It's my only vow, so i'm taking my time with it. Waiting for magnets so i can continue building it. In the mean time i worked on the armour plates. Added arrows, that i tried to make as if they were growing out of the armour, instead of being bolted on. Not sure if im sold on it, but i'm also unsure if i could do a better job at this stage. I think i will paint them Gold/brass, and just hope it looks good enough.

Here is a pic, but there is a bit more in my project log. As you can see i take heavy influence from GuitaRasmus' knight, and i'm not ashamed of that at all. His stuff is amazing!

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l579/UltraWaarom/Iron%20Warriors/2015-05-13%2010.55.06_zpsjm1xycrg.jpg

@Chaeron: Respect, sir. I can't wait to see that happen. All the best for your vow and happy painting! May I ask what model your counts-as Warhound is going to be? I'm currently toying around with the idea of buying into a Dreamforge Leviathan for a Chaos Knight, which I understand is taller than a Knight, yet smaller than a Warhound ... 

@Hellrender: GuitaRasmus did a Knight!? Do you have a link at hand?

@Captain Semper: I've edited my initial post on p. 18 to have my before picture. It does show the model with a first layer of basecoat on the flesh, everything else is primer. I'm happy to have it moved to the out-of-competition entries if this turned out to be too much paint for complying with the ELT rule set. I'll await your (or another authority's) final judgement. Thank you, good sir.

There's some fantastic progress in here, brothers, and it's very inspiring to see the first batches coming together. Let's keep going.

Of course :)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275772-dark-mechanicus-project-something-binary-this-way-comes/page-13

Bit down on the page. Sadly he never posted a pic on it being painted, but still awesome regardless.

I miss GR's projects. Though they are all linked in the Resources as all are truly inspiring.

Archived