+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

If anyone looking add last min vow/models.  Kytan Daemon Engine is here for advance order & sent out on 10th July

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/KYTAN.html

I'll spend a bit time later today gettng the Fallen Angel battle brother finish painted & also get a bit more painting done to the Siege Knight.  Gutted the IW transfer where not on sale during yesterday Forge World open day :(
But I'm going be pick up clump foliage that the end of the week help add smoke/fume to the Knight model.  Pick up that & metal wire from a model store near by when I pick up the Lord of Iron, my Primarch model from my friend that the end of this week :D

Now we just need to get some of those first vows done.....

I know, I know! I have a lot of stuff half done and keep getting distracted. I will get my vow finished soon. Promise. Unless the Lord of Lies is telling fibs and shifting time. Again.

Greatings from a camp site in the French Alps, where I managed to get some WiFi.

I've been doing some calculations, and I might just snatch five vows and finish my soul vow, tehreby contributing 3110 total points to the chaos faction. It's going to be extremely tight though, so to motivate myself I'll make a penance vow:

I, Augustus b'Raass, vow that if I prove ineffective in securing a completed Soul Vow and contribute at least 3310 points for the Chaos faction, that I will build, convert, and paint a 10-man tactical squad, with at least four different armour marks, a heavy, and a special weapon, and a rhino including FW doors, in the livery of the VII Imperial Fists Astartes.

I have sadly overcommited. Too many deadlines to reach by 1st of August and some family issues. Unless i can finish my thesis really quickly I don't have much hope of completing.

Sorry team :/. 

I will do better next time. Will still give it my all on the 31st (last test is written then). Perhaps a long night painting session will see my vow finished, but university is just more important for now.

Best of luck to the rest of you. I am rooting for you 

Spent much of weekend finishing the cultist portion of my vow, along with one familiar. So it's now to wrap up the fiends and my character models, so things are looking decent at this point for finishing.

Well I stayed up till 4am painting on Friday and couldn't finish in time. I was hoping to get back earlyish today but the lake was very distracting and we left three hours late. The wife is still driving actually haha. I'll be done with my vow tomorrow night. And actually depending on how quick I knock out these super heavies I might actually have a safe way to hit 15k so fingers crossed

Safe ways are the best ways! That's what I'm exploring, but without compromising my standard or quality of completions.

Will see what I can procure this evening...

Boom, fourth vow.

I, Vesper, vow to complete a Chaos Space Marine Squad (10 CSM, 2 flamers, 1 power weapon and the Icon of Vengeance) for a total of 190 points. Success will bring glory to the Black Legion and failure would suck really bad.

Here's a picture of those guys in their Night Lords livery, as usual. I plan to replace one of them with an Icon bearer.

http://i.imgur.com/1STHvy0.jpg

Update time...

I know its not a lot, but the last month I haven't had very much time to work on 40k hobby stuff. These guys got a black basecoat, a white dusting, and then the red. I did the white to help make the red pop in certain areas better. Hopefully later today I will be able to do some detail work and wash these guys. I know there are mold lines and some gaps, but if I were to take time to clean these up they would never get done sad.png

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee149/jtaylorjtts/bloodletters3_zpsdnhc6ifb.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee149/jtaylorjtts/bloodletters2_zpsutue9iy0.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee149/jtaylorjtts/bloodletters1_zpsf1hjlr7z.jpg

Progressing on my own bloodletters as you can just see in this Maulerfiend photo

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--Ub2JW4_VFY/VZrr3eLW9gI/AAAAAAAAAes/Yd7mfd8kF6c/s2048-no/IMG_1533.JPG

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dYeN5nYq_24/VZrr3zS28_I/AAAAAAAAAew/8jK7E0icj_8/s2048-no/IMG_1534.JPG

Give him a black wash and highlight the metal and red and he'll be done I think.

Good job everyone !
I, Dreadclaw, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete as a fourth vow...
  • 10 Chaos Cultist with Mark of Nurgle : 70 pts (codex Chaos Space Marines)
  • 1 Herald of Nurgle with Exalted Revard (servo-arm), Psycher lvl 2, Exalted Locus of Contagion : 150 pts (codex Daemons)
  • 1 Chaos Lord with Juggernaut, plasma postol, Blade of Endless Bloodshed, Skull-Helm of Khorne, Combat Familiar, Exalted Locus of Wrath, Aura of Dark Glory, Collar of Khorne : 255 pts (codex Khorne Daemonkin)
of a total value of 475 points on or before August 1st, 2015.
Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos in general and Khorne Daemonkins in particular and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.
Short vow... but I won't have many spare time this month. unsure.png
Cultists of Nurgle... did someone says zombies ?
med_gallery_40226_2932_84736.jpg

gallery_40226_2932_50858.jpg

Herald of Nurgle
gallery_40226_2932_26476.jpg
Juggerlord !
gallery_40226_10901_65910.jpg

gallery_40226_10901_391070.jpg

...with Combat Familiar.tongue.png

med_gallery_40226_10901_1113366.jpg

Hey guys! I managed to finish up my Biker Claw Leader:

gallery_47732_9950_141103.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_694666.jpg

And a completed shot of the Squad:

gallery_47732_9950_353373.jpg

More pictures in ye olde WIP log here. So that completes my first ever ETL vow!

Some seriously awesome work in this thread and seeing it all being done during this short window of time is pretty damn impressive. Keep it up guys!

Progress on my 2nd vow is at a glacial pace. Took a break for some family stuff and then got bogged down with mid year reviews and a re-org at work. I'd suspect my boss was trying to support the HH in the ETL if he knew anything about 40k!

Herald of Tzeentch is about half done, blood letters are ready for painting, and lord of skulls is...not as far as he should be. Ugh. I think I have a mental block on motivation when I look at the size and detail on it. On the positive side, all bases are done and waiting to be adorned with painted minions. I'm far enough off my schedule that I'm pretty sure a 3rd vow is now a dream.

Going to try to get most of the daemons done in the next week or so and get started on the base layering on the lord of skulls. I'd like to paint the banner of blood for the letters similar to what is on the box cover but that might be too much detail to get done before August. Maybe I can find a decent stencil to use for the screaming faces...

Well I've managed to get most of the "red work" done on my Daemon Prince. Just need to go and pick out some details - which equates to two more layers of red - and then I can start moving onto shinier things - armor, weapons etc. Once the DP is done I'll move onto the Helbrute. Right now I *think* I stand a reasonable shot of finishing this vow on time.

Shark Week is distracting me from my painting. Now it is conceivable that I may never need to know how to fight off a Great White bent on making a meal out of me, but can I really take that chance? On the otherhand my models arn't painting themselves, so back to the painting station.

As promised vow 2 was completed last night. However I didn't have time to post as it went pretty late as usual. I'll post a group shot later with vow 3, as well as some better pictures of the possessed in my wip. But for now here's the last of vow 2 complete.

http://i.imgur.com/pHTEcmXh.jpg

I got another spawn made (and may have one more ready to paint up before the end of the ETL) so here's my second vow:

I Kierdale rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Chaos Spawn (with mark of Slaanesh) from Codex: Chaos Space Marines for 33 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Psychopomps and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.
med_gallery_63428_9407_60263.jpg
It'll make more sense once it's painted.
Likely not a lot, but more.

Not a lot of points, but it's something. :)

Really great work from everyone.  Also how everyone getting on with there vows?  I just need to get around & build the rest of my Havoc unit which I'll hopeful get done next few weeks.  They will not take to long to paint.

AlanofAngels - Those Night Lord Biker look cool & nice to see the IW helmet from the Horus Heresy been use.

Fallen Angel Battle Brother - Going to try finish painting him tomorrow.

Knight - I'm pick up my Primarch in the next few days.  There also a model store near by so going to try buy clump foliage & metal wire, add a fume/toxic/smoke effect on the Knight - See spolier with the Daemonkin vs Ultramarine diroama from Warhammer World.
Also going to add some part to the Dragon skull/hellcannon from Augustus b'Raass a few pagies back, useing parts from bat skull.  Get that lot sorted during the weekend while also building & painting my Primarch :D

Got most of the secondary basecoats down, just need to add a couple more then it's onto to shading, highlighting & detailing. Though I should point out that the main armoured areas are pretty much done so I reckon I'll finish vow 4 by tomorrow night/Thursday afternoon at the latest :tu:

Well I have bad news and good news... Bad news is my provisional licence aint arrived in time to prove I am who I am to sit my exam for the doormans licence, good news is that means I'm also not doing a week of revision and training, so I have an extra week of uninterrupted painting time. 14minis to finish the trim, weapons and bases on and I'm done

I need to finish the first 9 bloodletters. Just finishing off the Maulerfiend (highlights and base). The other 9 bloodletters need a standard/icon and horn blower (need to find the bits). Then I need to make the last 4 berserkers and paint all 8.

We'll see how much time I have when I'm done. I have 15 hounds and a few spawn that shouldn't take long.

Archived