+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Early days yet.

Indeed, you are correct brother. It is early days. We still have three more weeks to recruit. Everyone does, admittedly. But, one thing you can be assured - the other forums have a hell of a task set for them to catch up with us. Our eyes are already turning to making sure we rack up a decent completion rate.

Just edited in my start photo Semper :cuss still in bags and various stages of assembly but Monday I'll post individual photos once they are primed

Edit;

I agree that there's a good chance that we can win but we need more minor pledges coming in, I personally can put up another 2000-3000 points for vow 2 but I'd rather have us get more recruits with small pledges.

Chaos is still growing and there on the verge of repainting super heavies to take the title.

We may have Atia and wolf pack who can boost our points but without these small pledges our completion rate will be our downfall.

So guys just try manage your time ☺

Painting is going well with my Praetor. Im hoping my take on the Ravens comes across well, I have been studying a lot of matt black surfaces and trying to get the right black to grey blend.

I also got a little package from FW today so have my bits now for a second vow all ready to build.

The question will mostly be if some of us with the smaller portions will know when we've reached the limit of what we can practically get done before 1 August...

I know of no such limit.  Only the models I have to paint prevent me from vowing more. 

Today's round up is a short one today: All's quiet on the western front. That's right. No action. No pledges, no amendments and no completions either. Which means only one thing: Everyone is working on their vows. Well, some of you are today. And that is the good news. Sickeningly optimistic it may be, but that's my job. msn-wink.gif

So, things stand as they did yesterday:

• Pledged total: 58,682 points
  • Completed total: 2,855 points
  • Vows completed: 1

Let's hope more action will be seen tomorrow. If not, I hope you've all got the right excuse ready. tongue.png

Calm yourself olis it's going to be allright 

++Today's status has been downgraded from 'arm-flapping' to 'paper bag huffing'.++ ;)

There's no panic to be had, brother. I can't do daily updates by missing a day due to inaction, though. There's always a bright side, if you think about it. Clearly there's a few busy bees in our ranks, so a quiet day in the strategium does not necessarily mean a quiet day at the desks and tables out there. :tu:

I, Simison, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Legion Command Squad from the Horus Heresy Betrayal of total value of 165 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Halcyon Wardens, the renegade IInd Legion, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

ETL

++Today's status has been downgraded from 'arm-flapping' to 'paper bag huffing'.++ ;)

There's no panic to be had, brother. I can't do daily updates by missing a day due to inaction, though. There's always a bright side, if you think about it. Clearly there's a few busy bees in our ranks, so a quiet day in the strategium does not necessarily mean a quiet day at the desks and tables out there. :tu:

Well hopefully Monday we will be at alert level condition 1 with 1500 points of my vow complete.

Edit: I'm just hoping we get some more WIP pics before then

With humidity far to high for spray painting anything other than fluffy bunnies, I am content with cleaning the last Thanatar for now.  I figure if this weather still decides to be less than ideal for base coating, I could always base coat Night Haunter by brush, paint both he and Russ (who has paint on him, but is the wrong colors).  Then I should have killed enough time to let the humidity fall.  If not, then I can just keep repeating until I either can base my vow or I paint it all.  The only issue of concern is the pair of Thanatar; I am going back and forth on if I should airbrush the plates or not as there is almost enough to make it worthwhile to do so.  Good news with the humidity is I have time to decide.

I've updated my Vows accordingly, sorry, didn't read the 3k point limit. I've removed the Breachers, the Pyroclasts and the Rhinos, and I've put them in what the "The Flesh is Weak" detatchment, as I know I'll be doing them last anyway.

@ simison: welcome aboard! Good luck with your vow - the Heresy forum is on fire this year! :tu:

@ frozenfoods: Great! :) I updated the front page!

@ noigrim: I still need you points total mate. ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

++Today's status has been downgraded from 'arm-flapping' to 'paper bag huffing'.++ msn-wink.gif

Remember kids, any WIPs or completions you can post will reduce the risk of Olis having panic attacks until the ETL is finished...

gallery_67188_10431_96054.jpg

I reckon I should have this guy done around Monday/Tuesday, signing off a whopping 0.003% of our total. biggrin.png

IF (note the big 'if') I have enough time, I'll do my best to get another vow built and undercoated before the move on the 26th. I'm not sure how likely that is though given how much stuff I still need to get done. If not, then it'll probably have to wait until June.

Now that we've had the weekly update from Semper, let's assess the numbers:

E TENEBRAE LUX IV – Week 1
Codex 48 50 33,026 920 2.8%
Black Templars 16 17 8,512 400 0%
Imperial Fists 8 8 6,555 330 5.0%
Iron Hands 6 6 3,780 0 0.0%
Raven Guard 2 2 760 0 0.0%
Salamanders 3 3 2,725 0 0.0%
Ultramarines 5 6 2,325 190 8.2%
White Scars 0 0 0 0 0.0%
Index Astartes 8 8 8,369 0 0.0%
Blood Angels 40 40 19,676 75 0.4%
Dark Angels 30 30 28,308 0 0.0%
Space Wolves 23 23 23,342 0 0.0%
Realm of Chaos 36 36 33,524 905 2.7%
Forces of the Imperium 52 58 35,513 825 2.3%
Astra Militarum 19 21 13,226 825 6.2%
Grey Knights 3 3 2,242 0 0.0%
Adeptus Mechanicus 24 24 18,191 0 0.0%
Sisters of Battle 3 3 2,242 0 0.0%
Inquisition & Agents 2 2 264 0 0.0%
Horus Heresy 61 62 59,172 2,855 4.8%
TOTAL 290 295 232,561 5,580 2.4%

First and second categories: Participants and vows.

In these categories we lead the pack by ten or so people and a handful of vows, which is a good thing on the face of it. However, we must be careful as more people pledge we will have to stay on top of things so that our completion rate does not suffer. This is where small pledges come in. The larger the pledge, the more difficult it may be for a participant to complete their vow. Small vows may mean small gains but with our numbers advantage they will add up fast.

Third and fourth categories: Points pledged and completion total.

Here are the real parts where Team Heresy can really bang our collective drums. We lead the pledges by twenty-five thousand points compared to our rivals - the Chaos subforum. In fact, our lead alone exceeds the amount of points pledged to some of the other factions - that is how far ahead we are at the moment in this recruitment phase and the first round of vows.

Let's not forget the completion total, either. We have only one vow turned in at the moment (thumbs up for AO108) and we lead that category too. If you do the arithmetic, in one vow we have triple the completed points over our nearest rivals. That's the good news.

However, as you can see in the fifth column, our completion rate lags behind. This is not technically something to worry about yet as we are only one week into the ETL but seeing as we are leading every other category, it would be rude not to try and make it a clean sweep for the next weekly update, eh? wink.png

Summary:

Keep doing what you're doing, people. Since the first surge of entries over the beginning of the week, the daily pledges have settled into a routine of perhaps a handful a day on average. No problems there, since every other forum takes a similar amount over a longer period. As time wears on, we'll expect to see more vows being completed. Once this becomes a daily occurrence we may very well have to turn our eyes to a second round of vows, to build on what came before. The limit of five vows per person may seem stifling to some but for many people five is more than plenty. If you do think about making secondary vows, remember that there are three vows left to you after that. There is wiggle room.

I would advise people to make multiple small pledges compared to one large vow but, as always, these are your models and this is you making the choice. Just remember to do your best and make sure that you are comfortable doing so. We don't want members stressing out because they may miss the deadline - we want you to have fun.

So chins up and eyes forward, brothers and sisters. This is our race.

Damn Kizz they are looking fine! And soooooooooo clean lol...keep it up mate ;-)

@Stru...you do us proud mate! Nearly completed means points in the bag, again well done for finding the time and look forward to the finished article..

@Olis..hope the first weekly update has helped your heartrate a little :-)....big props to you for the updates

Quick question for the Captian. I'm almost done on my first vow, just need to finish the base and do sone work on his blade, but the cyber raven isn't coming on as I hoped. Seeing as it's Worth 0 points and isn't even a real unit or option for a RG Praetor can I move on with out finished? Kind of wanting to build stuff!

A quick look at the parts I'll be using (obviously missing greenstuff work, a cape, etc). Call it an "Exploded View", if you will....

Knight-King Saul Tarvitz, the Voice of the Emperor, the Regent of Terra, Sire of the III Legion.

med_gallery_37532_5424_14771.jpg

Got a long way to go, but I'm totally psyched....

Archived