+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

Speaking of Knights:

Thank you all for the compliments about my completed flyers, for that and also because the guard is relentless I pushed myself to assemble my birthday present from last month, with xmas presents too. So, another vow...

I Cod rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following units of total value 2055pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the PDF Regiment and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Vow 3: Lords of War

(armour plates)

Imperial Knight Paladin with twin icarus autocannon

410pts (GW Imperial Knights Codex)

Imperial Knight Errant with thunder strike gauntlet & meltagun

385pts (GW Imperial Knights Codex)

Imperial Knight Crusader with battle cannon & stormspear rocket pod

470pts (GW Imperial Knights Codex)

Questoris Knight Magaera with Hekaton Siege Claw

420pts (FW Website pdf Download)

Cerastus Knight Castigator 'Counts as' (big guy at the back)

*370pts (FW Website pdf Download)

*Used the base cost of an Imperial Knight as this 'counts as' figure is big but much less detailed.

I doubt I will have time to give them all the full heraldic treatment, but I'm hoping roughly 6 weeks is enough. It is about the halfway mark isn't it?!

Good luck with your vows smile.png

Cod you're a raving loon - but you're our raving loon msn-wink.gif

For tracks you can't beat Agrax Earthshade - I like to give it some Typhus Corrosion first as it helps give a muddy and worn appearance. Quick and simple yet effective smile.png Vampyre your tanks are incredible, the camo pattern and weathering are top notch so they were well worth the efforts biggrin.png Any thoughts on another vow?

Assassins are not valid vows unfortunately, only if you vowed with the Agents. They could be counts as something else though if you can think of something suitable perhaps?

Let's keep soldiering on everyone, sometimes we don't get the time we want but as long as we find some later that's the important thing. No vow left behind! msn-wink.gif

@ Cod - That is a very impressive vow! Good luck!

The Manticore is primed and ready for paint. I took a break from painting and assembled the Plasma Obliterator last night. What a pain in the butt kit! It probably should have been painted before assembly as there are a LOT of nooks and crannies on this thing! I'm thinking it will be my fourth vow although I think my IK might be an easier vow!

I Vampyrerodent do take upon a second vow to complete a Vanquisher for 145pts (Lascannon) and an Exterminator for 165pts (Lascannon, HB sponsons, Pintle Stubber) for the glory of the Imperium and the betterment of the Kanak Skulltakers! Should I fail in this undertaking, may the Commissariat take my life or enlist me into the closest Penal Legion!!

IMG 0033

This vow is for 310pts.

I am happy to report that I, CoffeeGrunt, have completed my vow! Here's the finished Baneblade after some busy weathering powder work today as well as some tidying and tweaking:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150617_23_03_28_Pro.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150617_23_03_39_Pro.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150617_23_03_47_Pro.jpghttp://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150617_23_03_59_Pro.jpg

Plus a nice group shot. Here's the Before, and below is the After. Please note that I forgot the Storm Bolter on the Eradicator, so the total is actually 1320pts. :)

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150618_00_00_12_Pro.jpg

Finally, since I'm on a roll, I'd like to submit a new vow. Gunna go much lighter after that hefty series of projects, so I've set aside a bunch of Command Squads and ICs to work through for the remainder of the ETL.

This vow consists of:

"Techpriest Enginseer" with two "Servitors"       60pts

"Lord Commissar" with:                                     105pts

Carapace Armour

Plasma Pistol

Camo Cloak

Power Sword, (on his back.)

Two Primaris Psykers                                       100pts

Total of 265pts, models are as-below. Couldn't think of a way to denote the Psykers being ML2, so they're just vanilla, basically.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150618_00_08_04_Pro.jpg

So, it's been a bit since I completed my first vow, and I have finally been able to muster up enough of a force to justify another vow.

So, without anymore preamble, here we go again:

I Captain Baranov rise again to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

two veteran squads with 3 meltaguns and grenadier doctrine each (105 pts each for a total of 210 pts) a Wyvern Suppression Tank a Chimera and an armoured Sentinel with an autogun, coming together to a of total value of 385 pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the PDF Regiment and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Accompanying WIP evidence:

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u487/Doorward/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsexlndfrx.jpg

@Coffeegrunt: Excellent work on all that superheavy goodness. 

@Baranov: I look forward to seeing what you do with this next batch of vostroyans and what you have in store for the 185th!

Huzzah! Great to see some completions and more vows made this is fantastic! :D I look forward to seeing them completed to the same high standards we're seeing :tu: The weathering on the Baneblade really makes it pop, I'm eager to see some more Vostroyans and another vampyrerodent tank ;)

Progress! More pictures here.

Scion Sergeant Final 3

@Baranov, I've always loved the Vostroyans, I'm looking forward to seeing more of the 185th take the field!

@Coffee, great completion, it looks fantastic! I can't wait to see more of your heretics burn work!

Dear comrades,

Here is my almost finished Vox caster for my 1st vets squad. Just got a couple of highlights to do but I am once again being called into work to provide help. 

I am on target to finish my 2nd vow by the end of next week.

For the Emperor!

DSC 0019

By the Emperor! So many fantastic completions, new vows and overall progress!

I have to say the Guard is a splendid sight to watch! The Commissars are doing a great job keeping the pace and the quality of the output is just superb! Carry on soldiers you are the main driving force for the IFOR and you should be rightly proud!

Now please check the front page to make sure everything is in order!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

You heard the Captain comrades! Get over to the vow post to confirm that everything is present and correct. All soldiers are to also report to High Command the current status of their campaign:

I am currently working on the weathering for my Stormsword :) I've had some things crop up that will be impacting my time, so my fourth vow will have to be changed. It's disappointing but I'm not going to risk failure! Once this is done I'll see what suitable models I have :tu:

Archived