++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - June: Supporting the ETL ++

Kor'Vesh

---- June ----

After a record breaker in May, we have a tough act to follow in June. But the ETL continues, so lets see more casual challenge pledges appear as pledges to the ETL. Hopefully our monthly deadlines will continue to spur on the Heresy effort, and help to ensure a high completion rate in the ETL.

For all intents and purposes though, we continue as normal... We all know how this works by now, pledge some models to paint this month, build your armies, and enjoy the opportunity to stick it to the traitors/emperor. Full rules can now be found in the Hall of Victors thread - where anyone involved so far should feel happy to post their full army shots!

Finally, I'd like last month's players to cast their votes over the next three days for their favourite traitor and loyalist pledges from April! Voting rules:

- vote for your favourite loyalist pledge, and favourite traitor pledge

- don't vote for the champion from each team, they get to show off in the hall of vistors anyway

- make your votes clear so I don't miss them!

Lets see some support for those players who have impressed or inspired you!

So brothers and sisters, for the Emperor or for Horus let's see some pledges!

First of all my votes for last month; Richmarine for my favourite 'traitor' pledge and LionofJudah for my favourite 'loyalist' pledge.

My (hopefully) first pledge this month will be my Sicaran battle tank and 4 tech thralls. I'll also paint up 2 objective markers as I need motivation to get them done (don't expect the points for them though). 

I, Castiel, of the XVIII Legion Astartes - known as the Salamanders - do solemnly pledge to complete 10 Pyroclasts to cleanse the galaxy of xenos and traitor alike. By this brand I oath myself to the moment. Vengance shall be had for the atrocities of Istvaan V, and we shall once again reclaim humanity's place among the stars. This I swear by my honour, by Nocturne, by mighty Vulkan and by the Emperor himself, in whose service I live and die.

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!

(PS Nevindar for the Loyalists, and demonclaw for the traitors)

*ahem*

Well... here we go for this month!!! Dis is mah pledge for this month: 

5 preators with a *bleep* load of upgrades

4 centurions: A siege lord, a moritat, a chaplain and a blade master

Command squad+ a load of upgrades

2x 10 vellatris veterans

command squad (SA)+ stuffs

2 heavily upgraded magosses

3 deathshroud

a lazer vindi (+ M.S)

Votes to come after work, PLEDGES NOW!

To apologise for last month:

2 Contemptor Mortis Dreads

5 Tactical Marines

And...

Horus. Yup, :cussmothering Horus. Let's green egg and ham it.

I return, and with my shameful performance last time, I aim to improve on last time. For now though, I solemnly pledge to complete the two half done Death Guard Apothecaries (who will get befores and afters for this month and I will offer up for half points). Beyond them, we'll see.

This image is not as clear as I had hoped!

The bit below the date should read *shock!*

10523967_10206889093645586_5471905002408

Proof of unpainted Dreadnoughts. And the return of my notes!

Nice to come home and find some serious pledges in place! So, in that spirit...

I Kor'Vesh, proud Casual Challenge ring master and bright green Salamander painter, pledge to paint one contemptor dreadnought in the month of June.

I also cast my votes for the May's top vows. For the Heretics I vote for BennyBlanko for a fantastic first ever pledge of Abbadon. Honourable mention to Daemonclaw's amazing work. For the Loyalists, I vote for Nevindar, primarily for some awesome Rhino conversions, and all round excellent painting. Honourable mention to ROBOcaster, for a stunning spartan and Ferrus Mannus.

EDIT -

Kurama - can you specify your legion and team for your vow please! You have so many different forces going on I can't keep track!

AO108 - you going after your record this month? :)

Raktra - are you in bed with 2 contemptors?

I, Nevindar the (need to find a fancier title than Scribe-Illuminator) of the X Legion Astartes pledge for June the following:

1 Moritat
1 Delegatus
10 Veteran Tactical Marines

All are listed in my ETL vow.

Votes:
Rage of Khorne for those Dark Mechanicum fancies and... Kor'vesh for showing us all how fancy a pristine Sicaran can look when NOT leading the charge on Istvaan V but rather holding back and letting the real marines do the job! (Also, I really like the green on that Sicaran).

Raktra: you contemptious in bed?

//Nevindar

I, Slipstreams, the Procrastinator who has not failed yet, doth Pledge:

10 Phalanx Warders (8 Axes, 2 Thunderhammers)

1 Primus Medicae in Artificer w/ Sol Glove

1 Primus Medicae in Terminator Armor w/ THunderhammer

1 Apothecary

All in the Glorious Yellow of the VIIth Legion

Nice work Raktra - that is both speedy and great looking!

Slips - looking forward to your warders. They'll be a top contribution.

Lion - I see you lurking there! Less liking more vowing and voting sir! tongue.png

The Sicaran is done, along with customary rubbish photos. I dislike painting tanks.

gallery_80005_10788_22610.jpg

gallery_80005_10788_14798.jpg

4 Tech Thralls and 2 Objective markers to do now.

Edit: Done the 2 Objective markers as well now.

gallery_80005_10788_19853.jpg

Lol... U got me Kor;)... I vow to finish typing my voe on my phone as when I take a break to do something the darn thing disappears each time.

I, Lionofjudah, vow to finish the darn Fire Raptor in the golden hues of glorious yellow of our Imperial Fists. I will finish it this month or I'm gonna hang up my airbrush hose.

And I'll probably throw Polux in for good measure at some point.

Also- gotta vote for Nevindar and Daemonclaw for last months vows

Archived