Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++Inspiration Friday (Chaos Icons. Until 12/18)++

Inspiration Friday Chaos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
327 replies to this topic

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,776 posts

med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png
Welcome to the latest incarnation of Inspiration Friday. I have been granted the blessings of the four Infernal Powers (Excessus, Flint13, Forte and Insane Psychopath) to continue this endeavour. I hereby swear a dark oath that I will strive to continue the good work started by Brother Nihm and Tenebris.

Inspiration Friday is a chance for members to write pieces of fiction on set Chaos-related subjects, with a winner chosen at the end of each period and awarded a medal. As in the previous Inspiration Fridays, images are also most welcome.

While previous incarnations were strictly weekly, I may give two weeks to work on some themes. I should also point out that, living in Tokyo, my Fridays start earlier than many of the Frater and so likely I will close and open themes on Saturdays, Tokyo-time. Likely still Friday for most of you.

Links to previous incarnations of Inspiration Friday, for reference:

Under Brother Nihm:

Aspiring Champion

Chaos Banner

Regarding the Legions

Favourite Model

Paint a CSM

Favourite Primarch

Why Chaos?

Under Tenebris:

Chaos Cults - Winner: Disease

Legacy Weapon - Winner: Xenith

Rank and File - Winner: Kol Saresk

Chaos Worlds - Winner: Marshal Sampson

Chaos Vehicle - Winner: Loesh

Call of Chaos Test model - Winner: Alan of Angels and Loesh

Chaos Battle - Winner: Cormac Airt

Minor Daemon - Winner: Tdf4638

Spooky Chaos - Winner: Dizzyeye

Chaos Stronghold - Winner: Carrack

Nemesis of Chaos - Winner: Kierdale

Chaos Navigator House - Winner: Marshal Sampson

Chaos Knight House - Winner: Kierdale

Chaos Santa - Winner: Castellan Cato

Chaos Dreadnought - Winner: none was chosen!

Chaos Warship - Winner: Conn Eremon

Interview with a Chaos Lord - Winner: Warsmith Aznable

Interview with a Chaos Sorcerer - Winner: Kierdale

Chaos Space Marine Bolter - Winner: Son of Carnelian

Chaos Assassin - Winners: Carrack, Kierdale and Zhaharek

Intel Report on Warband - Winner: Kierdale

Betrayal - Winner: Warsmith Aznable

Chaos Sword - Winner: Castellan Cato

Chaos Spawn - Winners: Carrack and Kierdale

Champion of Khorne - Winner: Slipknotzim

Chaos Heraldry - Winner: Teetengee

Equerry - Winner: Zhaharek

Chaos Tome - Winner: TDF

Chaos Crossover - Winner: Lord Pariah

Dark Mechanicus - Winners: Carrack and Kierdale

Daemon Forge - Winners: Zhaharek and Beachymike123

Battles of the Space Marines - Winners: Carrack, Warsmith Aznable and Tipper

Cult Leader - Winner: Zhaharek

Familiar - Winner: Kierdale

Nemesis of Chaos II - Winners: TDF and Conn Eremon

Ruination - Winner: Carrack

Chaos Sidekick - Winner: Warsmith Aznable

Chaos Skirmish - Tactical Squads - Winner: Kierdale

Under Kierdale:
Interview With A Warpsmith - Winner: Carrack

ETL Background (care of Carrack) - Winner: Kierdale

Lair of the gods - Winner: Scourged

Signature Tactics - Winners: Scourged and Majorbookworm

Berserkers of every creed - Winner: none.

Chaos Geneseed - Winner: Warsmith Aznable

Tales of... ...Chaos Glory - Winner: Warsmith Aznable

A Stolen Relic - Winner: Beachymike123

Summoning - Winner: Warsmith Aznable

Treadheads - Winner: Scourged

The Primordial Annihilator versus...the Greater Good - Winner: Warsmith Aznable

Replenishments New Meat - Winner: Scourged

Chaos Halloween Horror - Winner: Dammeron, Scourged, Zhaharek and Teetengee

Interview with a dark apostle - Winner: Carrack

Chaos Power Armour - Winner: Scourged

Tales of Hubris - Winner: Teetengee

Chaos Titans - Winner: Scourged and Teetengee

Chaos Icons - Winners: MaliGnTeetengeeCarrack and Scourged.

Bonus Challenge: Chaos Objectives - Winner: Carrack

While each topic will close (with respect to who can win the medal for that theme) after a set period, members who find themselves inspired to write about previous themes are most welcome to post these as and when they can, but I ask that you please title your entry accordingly (e.g. “Chaos Warship”).

Now, to kick off Inspiration Friday once more:

Interview with a Warpsmith

"Shackle the soul and forge the flesh. Bind the machine and butcher the rest.” - Codex Chaos Space Marines

We have had Interview with a Chaos Lord and Interview with a Chaos Sorcerer. I now ask you to turn your attention to the technological wizards of your war bands (be they warpsmiths, traitor techmarines, Dark Mechanicus enginseers/Magos, etc.) and tell us all about them. When and how they fell, how they reacted to no longer being shackled to the doctrine of Mars, and how they cope with being cut off from the supplies they once had. What fell new technologies they devised in their curious lairs. How they view (and are viewed by) their comrades and how they view the daemons the incorporate into their infernal contraptions. Their successes, their goals and their failings.

And if you have images (be they of minis or art) by all means post these too.

Please have your entries in by Friday the 10th of July.

• Iron-Daemon Forge, Warsmith Aznable, totgeboren and 3 others like this

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
  • Faction: Black Maw
So begins a new era in Inspirational Friday. I hope I can kick this off with the quality it deserves.

The Chain Maker
Spoiler

Edited by Carrack, 06 July 2015 - 03:48 PM.

• Excessus and Kierdale like this

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Good job with the new topic Kierdale, I'll be joining in when my story is done later this week! :)

• Iron-Daemon Forge likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Ooh, this should be good.

Also, Carrack, I enjoy the tension at the end of your piece as well as the little scavengers.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts

Ooh, this should be good.
Also, Carrack, I enjoy the tension at the end of your piece as well as the little scavengers.

Thanks, I had a friend growing up who had a vicious little pet ferret, I figured that something similar belonged on a Chaos Warship. :)

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,776 posts

Thenaros of the Psychopomps

Hidden Content

• Carrack likes this

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

So, it's about Alpha Legion of course...and it's a bit late...but here it is:

Spoiler

[Edit]: Changed some minor stuff and spelling...

Edited by Excessus, 11 July 2015 - 12:49 AM.

• Kierdale, Teetengee and Carrack like this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,776 posts
And here ends the first challenge of the new Inspiration Friday. My thanks to Excessus and Carrack for their excellent entries. I particularly liked Excessus’s ends-justify-the-means inquisitor and his use of blood when ink ran out. And the fate which befell him, of course. It made me think of Lovecraft crossed with Event Horizon.

But I have chosen Carrack’s Chain Maker as the winner of this week’s Inspiration Friday. It fulfilled the brief perfectly: telling us of the Warpsmith’s past, his fall, his new ethos (The Three Forms. An excellent idea), creations, where he works and how his aims outweigh his fraternal ties.
Step forward, Carrack and claim your reward!
gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

And, as reward for your winning Challenge The Traitors II, Carrack has the honour of setting the next Inspiration Friday challenge...

ETL Background Challenge. Write a background piece on one of the Chaos models you created for this year’s ETL. You can write a brief history of the model and its role in your forces, or a memorable battle or event that this model played a pivotal role.

Alternate challenge 1. If you are for some lame reason, siding with the loyalist this ETL, write about the models first, recent, or most memorable encounter with the forces of Chaos.

Alternate challenge 2. If you are not participating in this year's ETL, write something similar about a recent model you have finished.

Feel free to include pictures of the model you are using.

The challenge runs until the 17th of July.
Let us be inspired...

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
Must...Obliterate

Spoiler

• Xenith likes this

Lucio

Lucio

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 839 posts

Well, this one was tough to select the right model, but I do like my Daemon Prince model a lot!

Spoiler

• Carrack likes this

gallery_29004_10383_9506.pnggallery_29004_9903_3512.pnggallery_29004_9903_10777.pnggallery_29004_9303_6286.pnggallery_29004_10383_5240.pnggallery_30308_9518_1112.pnggallery_30308_9518_3604.pnggallery_30308_9518_4931.pngsml_gallery_81724_10136_2068.pngETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,955 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard
bugger. so many characters, so many ideas...

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Haven't finished yet but:
The Prize of Cretan Hive

Hidden Content

Edited by Teetengee, 15 July 2015 - 04:40 PM.

• Carrack likes this

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,955 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.

Im bangin my head against the wall trynna write this..  I keep wanting to change to another character... Could I write it based around a core group of characters,  E.g. Hellraiser with Pinhead, Butterball and the female one whos original name I cant post here as its kinda rude... 

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts

Im bangin my head against the wall trynna write this.. I keep wanting to change to another character... Could I write it based around a core group of characters, E.g. Hellraiser with Pinhead, Butterball and the female one whos original name I cant post here as its kinda rude...

Sure

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,955 posts
sweet. thats just made life a bit easier

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,776 posts
The Laughter of the Mad
Hidden Content

• Carrack likes this

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
This week's challenge was a difficult one to judge, every entry was well written. I am tempted to declare a tie where everyone wins, but we don't share in the Eye of Terror. So as guest judge for this event, I declare Kierdale the winner. "The Laughter of the Mad" captured in words, the spirit of his horridly grotesque spawn. Plus, "Kill it with fire!" Step forth and claim your prize.
gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,776 posts

My thanks to everyone for this week's great entries, to Carrack for providing last week’s challenge...and for choosing my entry! A pleasant surprise!
SlaveToDarkness please do get your written and post it anyway. I want to read it!

Here begins the next challenge...
The lair of the Infernal Powers.

- Only the strongest, the bravest, perhaps the most insane or the most genius venture into the domain of a God of Chaos. Be it the leader of your war band or another member with great ambition, tell us of this individual/group’s quest into the lair of one of the four Infernal Powers: the Fortress of Khorne, the Garden of Nurgle, the Maze of Tzeentch or the Palace of Slaanesh. Were they invited or did they force their way in? To what aim? And were they successful?

Alternatively simply describe (a part or the whole of) the Fortress/Garden/Maze/Palace for us.

The challenge runs until the 31st of July.

Let us be inspired...

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,955 posts

My late ETL piece, sorry about the bad writing, I'm a musician not an author lol

Hidden Content

Edited by SlaveToDarkness, 23 July 2015 - 12:46 AM.

• Kierdale, Sith’ari, Teetengee and 1 other like this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
Garaduk and the Garden
Spoiler

• Kierdale, Castellan Cato and Teetengee like this

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Welp, that was disturbing slave. Well done.
Carrack, nice tree. ;)

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts

Welp, that was disturbing slave. Well done.
Carrack, nice tree. ;)

Agreed. Not that my story was well done, but that Slave's was disturbing. :)
  • Slave to Darkness likes this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,955 posts
haha thanks. just finished reading scarlet gospels so still had lots of hellraiser esque images in my head. book was awful though, battle for the abyss was better!

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Scourged

Scourged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts
  • Faction: Chaos

I now humbly present to you all a tale of a lone sorcerer, seeking an audience with his new master.

Spoiler

• Kierdale and Carrack like this

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pnggallery2900461982240.pnggallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,776 posts

This didn't flow too easily and I'll probably consider it `apocryphal` when it comes to the Psychopomps. The elements I wanted to put in are there, but the juices didn't quite flow right biggrin.png

A Thief In The Garden

Hidden Content

• Carrack likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Inspiration Friday, Chaos

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users