EVENT: Pride of the Guard

Kierdale

Though many guardsmen were lost in the trials of the Regiments of the B&C challenges, a great many victories were won. Victories which deserve to go down in history, for history is written by the victors. So let us raise statues and monuments to commemorate our victories and inspire the troops of inevitable future conflicts!

I give you...

bl.php?text=PRIDE%20OF%20THE%20GUARD&fontsize=25&bg=Regiments

Commencing immediately, with a deadline of 1500hrs (GMT) on December 13th, all regimental commanders are hereby called upon to make 'a statue/monument to the glory of the Imperial Guard' (comprising at least in part an Imperial Guard miniature) for use in game as a terrain piece or objective marker and to submit a write-up detailing the background of the monument/statue (no shorter than 100 words).

Photographic evidence should consist of at least one WIP photo and at least one image of the completed model.

There will, of course, be a (signature image) reward for those who successfully submit both the write-up and images of the completed model.

Please vow your participation in a post along these lines...

Sample Vow

I, Father Mehman the Scribe, also known as "Meh", vow to create a monument of His righteous glory on the battlefields across the galaxy by 1500 (GMT) on December 13th. If I fail, woe to me as my house shall suffer my failure but, alas, if I should prevail, let Humankind see His eternal glory through me.

And let all know of your participation in this glorious endeavour via the following signature image:

gallery_30308_9518_5337.png

...which, if clicked upon, will take members to this very thread.

Example Entry:

Statue of Zavier DiCavagni, Stonebridge City, Kierdale’s Shrineworld

Hidden Content

Scion of the august DiCavagni navigator house, it was Zavier DiCavagni who piloted the Auster, the first Imperial vessel to breach the warp storms which had enshrouded Kierdale’s World’s solar system for millennia. Auster, a merchantman captained by the rogue trader Giroume Stanza, was known as an ill-fated vessel, it’s very name being that of the South Wind of ancient Terra, which brought heavy cloud and fog. It was the daring character of captain Stanza and the stubbornness of DiCavagni which saw Auster through the roiling storm in the Sea of Souls, decanting them safely at the shrineworld and reestablishing the planet’s contact with the greater Imperium once more.

The Auster was not the first visitor to the shrineworld since its warp-imposed isolation however, for the Greenskin roks of Waaargh Skarzog had been the first and the rogue trader ship arrived at the height of the war upon the shrineworld. Lacking all but a few interplanetary shuttles and cargo-haulers, captain Stanza volunteered his vessel to be retrofitted for war and Auster helped to even the balance of the war against the Greenskins, who had had dominance in orbit. One refitted merchantman against a fleet of Greenskin ships would not normally last long, but again it was the piloting and strategies of DiCavagni - who had served aboard Fleet vessels in his younger years - which saw Auster conduct hit and run strikes upon the slower and less maneuverable Ork ships.

Once the war was won, the statue to Zavier DiCavagni was erected in the city of Stoneriver, home to the planet’s second largest starport. The brass figure, standing over twelve feet in height, became something of a talisman for navigators and sailors of the void setting out from the shrineworld. While the majority of ships’ crews would make pilgrimages to the many temples and chapter houses across the planet, and to the statue of Friar Kierdale himself upon the Downs, those who wished to survive the journey out from the shrineworld said a prayer at the foot of DiCavagni.

Images

Hidden Content
gallery_63428_6841_7235.jpggallery_63428_6841_6807.jpggallery_63428_6841_21696.jpggallery_63428_6841_13999.jpggallery_63428_6841_17010.jpggallery_63428_6841_38240.jpggallery_63428_6841_48832.jpggallery_63428_6841_9805.jpg

Looks like it's up to the Regimental Priest of the B&C to start this off right happy.png!

I, Father Mehman the Scribe, also known as "Meh", vow to create a monument of His righteous glory on the battlefields across the galaxy by 1500 (GMT) on December 13th. If I fail, woe to me as my house shall suffer my failure but, alas, if I should prevail, let Humankind see His eternal glory through me.

EDIT- Forgot to capitalize the pronouns used to denote He-Upon-the-Golden-Throne. I truly know shame sad.png.

Noice! I'm thinking I'll recycle one of my otherwise-useless metal "cadians standing at attention" models...same armor as the plastics, therefore a mismatch with my metal cadian army...I used a couple as motor pool sentries for a tournament display board under the theory that leaf-eating "facilities management regiment" troopers wouldn't necessarily have the same gear as the meat-eating warfighters...in fact, they'd be more likely, not less, to have the latest "cool guy" gear....tongue.png

Thanks for clearing up dodgy formatting, lord commissar Warriorfish.

I’ve also edited the OP to include a sample vow (care of Mehman).

And here is mine.

I, Kierdale, vow to create a monument to the glory of the victories of general Charles Kierdale III won during the conquest of the 12 worlds of the Infernumundi Campaign by 1500 (GMT) on December 13th. May He Upon The Golden Throne guide my chisel and my mallet.

Good to see some vows in already.

That's a small, not-quite-statue,but it's a monument and a very nice one, Shamansky. thumbsup.gif

I said it's gonna be a memorial sign. Not a monument of a some :cusstard general. i was planning to make a true hero of the day memorial

For what it's worth, I did the bronze on DiCavagni's statue (in the OP) by drybrushing bronze over a black undercoat and shading it with Agrax Earthshade. Then repeated drybrushings of bronze shaded by Agrax. I think I tried a light drybrush of gold on extremities but aborted it shortly after trying as it was too light.

The patina was Nihilak Oxide. I put it on heavily with a brush in one hand and wiped most of it off, wiping downwards, with a tissue in the other hand. This left some in crevices and left a thin smear on other areas.

And don't forget the bird droppings.

I got mine undercoated at last.

med_gallery_63428_6841_509455.jpg

I must say I'm impressed with Mr.Hobby's "Mr.Finishing Surfacer 1500 Black" (the undercoat spray I used). Very fine and a good finish.

I'll get onto slapping some paint on it now!

I, Shamansky, vow to create a memorial sign of glory on the battlefield by 1500 (GMT) on December 13th. If I fail, call me a commie.

Adding WIP pict

Hidden Content

Great. Now I have to think of something else. Thanks a lot, Shamansky tongue.png!

Great. Now I have to think of something else. Thanks a lot, Shamansky tongue.png!

There's proverb 'The one to wake up first wears the slippers'

I don't think my idea is exclusive. I borrowed it too ;) So why don't you make something with the same idea but looking different? That is what called art ya know... ;)

I, Mandaloriano, vow to create a monument to the glory of the victories of Liutenant Colonel Vendel commander of XV° Light Infantry Regiment of Ketzok won during the pacification of the Antipolis Sector by 1500 (GMT) on December 13th. May He Upon The Golden Throne guide my chisel and my mallet. 

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u573/mandaloriano/XV%20of%20Ketzok/20151205_131939_zpsiaob0usn.jpg

I, Captain Caine of the Praetorian XXIV Regiment of foot, do vow to erect a monument worthy of the conspicuous and unrelenting gallantry attributable to the Emperor's Imperial guard in the closing hours of the 41st millennium.http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a243/CaptainKarlean/IMAG0525_zps5tlrgdia.jpg

Archived